Sew-in Challenge 2014-2015 (6 months or 9 months)

loulou82

I just looked at ONYC's insta and man that Fro-Out looks gud!

My hair is frizzing up from this wet weather but at least it's doing so uniformly so it still looks natural.

ETA: I've made a curly wig before with no experience and it held up very well. I had it installed for 2 months and then made the wig. I think it's a great alternative to weaves particularly if scalp and braid access is difficult with a weave.

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

kupenda

Waiting for things to loosen up financially so I can get another sew in. Likely going kinky this time around. Maybe BigChopHair or FingerComber

CaraWalker

my favorite vendor sold out/was bought out, so i had to try someone new. im nervous. it was delivered thursday but i wasnt home for the signature confirmation (that's nice) so its at the post office. wonder if theyre open on saturdays. ready for a new sew in :gorgeous: :lol:

CaraWalker

I just looked at ONYC's insta and man that Fro-Out looks gud!

My hair is frizzing up from this wet weather but at least it's doing so uniformly so it still looks natural.

ETA: I've made a curly wig before with no experience and it held up very well. I had it installed for 2 months and then made the wig. I think it's a great alternative to weaves particularly if scalp and braid access is difficult with a weave.

this is a weave? that hair looks AMAZING!!!! specs?

sharifeh

Took my sew in down last night- I had a little buildup but it wasn't so bad. I had it for longer than I needed to ...
Don't know when my next one is....I'm going to take a little break I think.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ImanAdero

I REALLY a want a weave Bob. But I want to try a closure... I don't want bangs again, but I don't want to have hair out and flat iron constantly. Plus my hair is too long in the front to have a short bob lol. So it's closure or bangs or no Bob.

Will probably rejoin this challenge sometime next year (maybe March).

loulou82

this is a weave? that hair looks AMAZING!!!! specs?

Thanks CaraWalker! Yes, it's a full weave with a U shaped leave out and my perimeter and nape braided.

The hair is Senghori Shells 1B 18 inches. Bought 2 bundles and installed about 1.25 to 1.5 of it. I'm on my second install with the hair. It sheds regularly but I didn't seal or split and some wefts were cut. It's still pretty full even though I'm not the gentlest when combing it.

Pic attached is weave blow dried after my last wash.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141206_164432.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141206_164432.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 86

ezina

I REALLY a want a weave Bob. But I want to try a closure... I don't want bangs again, but I don't want to have hair out and flat iron constantly. Plus my hair is too long in the front to have a short bob lol. So it's closure or bangs or no Bob.

Will probably rejoin this challenge sometime next year (maybe March).

I came in here to post something similar. I just contacted the stylist who did my last weave to get another sew-in but this time styled as a bob with bangs. The hair I used for my last weave was beautiful and so was the application, but the small leave-out made me paranoid about blending (and thus limited styling even though I had a lace closure) and the sheer amount of hair (my weave was super duper long and thick) gave me a headache regarding maintenance. All this resulted in keeping my hair in for a shorter amount of time than I intended. A cute bob with bangs should do the trick! :yep:

Hopefully, I'll be rejoining you guys early next year.

Last edited:

ceecy29

I'll be going in for my weave take down tomorrow. It's a little over 2 months since I had it installed 10/9/2014. Can't wait to see the growth and retention:grin: Plus I bought an official length check tee that I can wear to my appointments.

Can't wait to share progress!!!

Oh I probably won't re-install tomorrow. I'll get a treatment service and wear my own hair out. I will have my stylist make a wig out of my kinky curly wefts and use that as my protective style from now on. So I'll give my stylist time to make the wig. I'll probably start back in the new year.

mzpurp

I got my hair I purchased on BF from Studio4HairATL and I am in looove! I got the Peruvian Body Wave this time and I can't wait to install! It's so soft and pretty! Now I just have to figure out who I'm going to get to install it. The person who did my Brazilian Curly was ok, but it was too much back in forth with her trying to fix this and fix that. I just want to go get it done and not have to "fix" anything.

fitchick

I want to join but want a good stylist who is about healthy hair care. Any recs in the NYC/NJ area??

loulou82

I'll be going in for my weave take down tomorrow. It's a little over 2 months since I had it installed 10/9/2014. Can't wait to see the growth and retention:grin: Plus I bought an official length check tee that I can wear to my appointments.

Can't wait to share progress!!!

Oh I probably won't re-install tomorrow. I'll get a treatment service and wear my own hair out. I will have my stylist make a wig out of my kinky curly wefts and use that as my protective style from now on. So I'll give my stylist time to make the wig. I'll probably start back in the new year.

ceecy29

Awesome! We'll be waiting on the progress pics. :yep:

ceecy29

As promised, progress pics from my 2 month weave install. The app isn't allowing me attach more than one picture.

image-2735259526.jpg

ceecy29

image-556427853.jpg

Not the best pic but here's one with my new length check tee. I'm at the #3 mark. Growth from here on out

MamitaLolita

Butting in here.... is there any way to save matted hair? My hair was beautiful the first week, I'm toward the end of week two and it's been matting horribly, I've been having to flat iron it every day and by the end of the day it'll be all stiff looking.... it is human hair but not as good as I thought. :nono: I just wanna make it to 4 weeks before taking it out.

ImanAdero

You'd think so right?! But I've yet to get any good recommendations. Even the salon review section is radio silence on that topic..

My stylist is in Northern NJ and she is Fab! She goes by RubyRedRoots on Instagram and she has a styleseat too. Her weave prices are on the pricier side, but honestly... She and her assistant are just so damn good. My full head weave could've easily lasted me 3 months (I kept it for 2 withOUT a tightening).

So I suggest her. She also has a lot of natural clients, cuts really well, colors... ALLADAT.

fitchick

My stylist is in Northern NJ and she is Fab! She goes by RubyRedRoots on Instagram and she has a styleseat too. Her weave prices are on the pricier side, but honestly... She and her assistant are just so damn good. My full head weave could've easily lasted me 3 months (I kept it for 2 withOUT a tightening). So I suggest her. She also has a lot of natural clients, cuts really well, colors... ALLADAT.

Thank you!!!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Getting ready for a new sew in soon. This break has been fun but I need to protect my hair again and grow out my crown. Next time I'm doing a full head sew in with bangs.

ceecy29