September Hits and Misses!!!

amy1234

Hits for this month: WGO , I stopped using it for a while but tried it recently to prevent my hair from frizzing up with all the humid weather and it helped a lot.
no misses for this month though

candibaby

HITS

Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo
Nexxus Ensure Acidifying/Detangling Conditioner
Nexxus Phyto Organics Hydruss Shampoo
Nexxus Phyto Organics Nectaress Conditioner
Nexxus Phyto Organics Enphuse Reconstructor
Kenra Color Maintenance Shampoo
Kenra Color Maintenance Conditioner

No Misses.. & FYI the only thing I bought was the Ensure Conditioner. The rest were some big sized samples. I'm not a PJ anymore, I swear! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

inthepink

Hits:
*Generic Aussie 3 Minute Miracle from Sallys

Jury Still Out:
*Generic Redken Climatress from Sally's
*Aura Humectant Pomade (haven't used enough to know)

oglorious1

Mixologist
Hits
Atlien's oil mix
Dr. Bronners peppermint soap for my face, has the breakouts under control
Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner...love the smell

Big Ole' miss
Giovanni 50/50 moisturizing shampoo, left my hair hard,dry, and irritated

I just bought this stuff today:
Cream of Nature Shampoo (green cap)
Miss Keys 10 n 1 shampoo
Lacio Lacio

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Hits so far:
Clairol Natural Instincts 28B Warm Chestnut Brown
Le'Kair Cholesterol </font>

Desert Skye

Hit:

Nexxus Keraphix.
Shea Butter Oil from Mega Care. It smells soo good and very moisturizing. I am planning to make this a staple of mine.

Miss:

Pantene Pro V Lightweight leave in conditioning foam. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif Eh...im going to stick to my good ol salerm 21.

laketta

Hits

Dove Moisture Rich Color Shampoo
Dove Moisture Rich Color Conditioner

Jury's still out
My home made protein conditioner.

Crystal

Hits
Miss Key Diez y Uno Conditioner.. I LOVE this stuff
Beyond the Zone, Turn up the heat flat iron protectant... No Alcholo
FHI ceramic flat iron.. I dont use a lot of heat in my hair but I feel secure knowing this flat iron is close by
Stuck Up Waxx Stik by Head Wear... Perfect for laying my edges down in a bun.

Misses:
QP elasta silk. Wanted it as a heat protectant but it's too water based. I really don't know what to do with this.

deedabug

i have one more HIT to add...i knew i was forgetting something

LeKair cream press--i got my hair pressed the first time since i've been natural (it lasted about a day and a half before my ends said "***** please" lol) anyways..i paid the woman with the cream press(it costs 6.50 in my town but 2.20 online)...it says on the jar smokeless, greaseless, and water repellent..it doesnt tell u the ingredients but my hair was not fried and burnt out and i had no damage...very pretty (no pix of it cuz i had no camera at the time) but i digress...this is some good stuff for getting a press

Mestiza

Hits

Suave Milk &amp; Honey /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif
Coconut oil

Miss

Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol (Just awful! /images/graemlins/angry2.gif It made my hair hard as can be and turned it into tangle city.) /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

northernbelle

I recently purchased:

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk and Healthy Hair Butter - they are ok. Rather waxy, IMO. I will try them again.

Pantene Pro-V Instant Defense Heat Protector Spray - again, I am not sure. I did, however, like the way my hair combed out when I applied it.

northernbelle

northernbelle

I almost forgot about WGO. Was not impressed. I should have known better, given that my hair does not respond to oils.

Perhaps that is also why I am lukewarm in my opinion re: the Carol's Daughter products.

northernbelle

Hit Elasta QP mango butter : applied to wet hair creats nice clumpy curls,
Clairol Re newal 5 X daily nourishment leave in creme coditioner: made my hair REALLY soft and shiny similar to Salerm 21,
BIG hit: Miracle worker by Hawian silky it makes my curls soft so soft that when the wind blows my afro goes in which ever way the wind is going only to spring right back into nice bouncy curls when the wind is over.

Nexxus :1 tube of biotincreme emptied into 1/2 bottle of surge makes my scalp tingle and I see the new grey hair in the front comming in like crazy along with side burns where it drips.

Miss: nioxin actives cleanser
Pantene light weight conditioning foam
Both made my hair dry and crunchy, dot stiff but like raw wool /.

Nanyanika

Hits

Redken Smooth down Butter Treat: great for smoothing, moistursing and detangling.

Better Braid unbraid: good detangling properties

Global choice Actiwave Lotion: for defining and moistursing texturized/curly heads.

Misses

Tried LUST again fo the second time. The results were terrible left with hard, dry, tangled and silicone coated hair.

chocolate01

No hits or misses. I'm so proud of myself I haven't bought a single hair product since the beginning of July. I'm tempeted to say I have been cured of my PJism

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I forgot one:

Hit:
Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker Curl Activator. It works just like like S-Curl spray, but it smells like strawberries. /images/graemlins/lick.gif FYI: Mineral oil is the 7th of 11 ingredients.

(They must have changed the name. My bottle says Miracle Worker, not Working. But other than that, the packaging is exactly the same.)

nfynit_812

Hits: Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner...I used the samples I ordered before getting my hair braided, and I couldn't believe how soft and manageable my hair was during and after using both Kenra products! I especially love the texture of the Moisturizing conditioner!!!!!!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Hits:
Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo
Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment
Nexxus Emergencee
Nexxus Therappe Shampoo
Nexxus Humutress Conditioner

Purchased but haven't used yet:
TIGI Ego Boost and Health Goddess

Jury still out on:
Surge Wogee Cream

Cowgirl

Hits:
NTM deep recovery mask (worth the repeat mention)/images/graemlins/up.gif/images/graemlins/up.gif
Coconut oil /images/graemlins/up.gif/images/graemlins/up.gif

Miss
Infusium 23-original formula (I learned the hard way. Not to be used as a daily leave-in.)

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Hits:
*Nioxin actives poo/conditioner-very cool and tingly on the scalp /images/graemlins/grin.gif
*My wide tooth BONE comb /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif
*Suave awapuhi for conditioner washes

Misses:
NONE! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

KAddy

My Hit thanks to CandiBaby
(I gotta keep giving her props)

Nexxus KeraPhix and Humectress together with heat for 20-30 mins. My hair has never felt better.

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
Labett said:
HITS
Amla &amp; Shikakai shampoo-Found this in a Indian store

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to boast about how I hadn't tried any new products this month. But I'm a junkie through and through /images/graemlins/nono.gif. Yesterday, while picking up wonderful Indian food for dinner I drifted over to my local Patel Brothers /images/graemlins/crazy.gif and bought this same poo along w/some light Dabur Amla Oil. I just needed a cheap poo since my bottles are all low /images/graemlins/look.gif.

**Exiting thread and hiding credit card receipts from the mister.** /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
My Hit thanks to CandiBaby
(I gotta keep giving her props)

Nexxus KeraPhix and Humectress together with heat for 20-30 mins. My hair has never felt better.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just glad it worked for you! /images/graemlins/weird.gif

bajanplums1

September Hits!!!
1. Cream of Nature Shampoo for Fine Limp Hair
2. Salerm 21: This is the best leave in that I have ever used! It works great on my hair when damp, before I roller set.
3. QP Elasta Mango Butter: The best moisturizer for my hair hands down. My ends stay smooth, straight and soft.
4. Wild Growth Oil--I love that it has inositol and choline and it makes my new growth smooth, no frizz &amp; manageable.
5. My own mix in a spary bottle of: Infusium 23 Leave In Treatment--Moisturizing, IC Fantasia Leave In with Aloe for Dry Hair, Aphogee Essential Fatty Acids and a few drops of Wild Growth Oil.