September Hits and Misses!!!

kitchen_tician

I know it's only the middle of the month, but for those who have discovered your hits and misses, let's name them.

Okay, I'll start....

HITS:
*Kera Care 1st Lather Poo: It worked well for getting rid of build up and it wasn't too drying. I followed it with Kera Care Hydrating/Detangling Poo

*Loreal Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment: I'm in Love, So in Love with you!!! This stuff is absolutely great! I will be buying more of this, because I only bought the sample packet.

*Nexxus Emergencee: I'm not sure if I was supposed to expect something or not. I wasn't experiencing any breakage so I didn't notice any immediate effects, but it's still a keeper.

*Nexxus Viatress Biotin Creme: I love how my scalp tingles. I'm not sure about growth increase, but the tingle is good enough for me.

*African Royal Mink Oil Gel: It's also a keeper. It worked well for my braid out and it's not very drying. I think it would really be good for natural hair also.

MISSES: /images/graemlins/grin.gif
NONE

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Hits:
Kan Kanechomn Jaborandi Deep Conditioning Cream

La Bella Styling Gel--I have always been curious about these giant, very cheap tubs of gel at Walmart.

A rediscovered hit: Biosysnthesis Phinish Leave-In Conditioner. It's comparable to Lacio Lacio, IMO.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
2 big hits...no misses....

Hype Hair Satin Foam Rollers (thanks blackhair!)
Skala Aloe Vera Conditioner (great recommendation hairlove!)

AudraChanell

Great thread!

Hits: Alter Ego Bright & Shine (great SMELL and temp shine if you want to keep your bounce, didn't weigh my hair down), CON conditioning shampoo (made detangling effortless), Biolage Dehydrating Hair Balm (what a difference 5 mins makes, hair felt very soft and smooth even 3 days later)

Misses: None (this is for the month of August for me. I will update my post after I've tried a few items I need to pick up this weekend)

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
Hits:
1. Elasta QP Mango Butter (love the smell and consistency, very moisturizing)
2. combination of water, glycerine and surge oil in spray bottle

Miss: ORS Lock & Twist Gel ( no hold at all )

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
Hits:
Kan Kanechomn Jaborandi Deep Conditioning Cream

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Sassygirl, I've never heard of this brand before. Could you tell us a little more about it?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I had never heard of it, either. Sickbay.biz sells a lot of the conditioners. They are similar to the Skala cream conditioners. Only they feel more slippery on my hair.

They have a website , but it's in Portugese. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Kalani

One big hit!
-Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate

Used it as a pre-shampoo treatment, left it on for about 20 minutes with a shower cap then rinsed it out and washed my hair with the Sap Moss shampoo. LOVED the results!
I wasn't that crazy about the Sap Moss conditioner but that Nourishing Concentrate is the bomb!!!

deedabug

HITS:
Vo5 conditioners--tangerine tickle and strawberries and cream...THE BOMB DIGGITY..besides smelling edible...they leave my hair soft and the smell lasts...i use these daily for con. washes...lately i have been leaving them in...why didnt i discover this before??? i dont like their daily hair treatments (that grease in a tube) so i have passed this brand up for years

Boar bristle brush: i had no way to sally's so i found a knock off at walmart...it makes my son's hair less fuzzy and i like using it when trying to smooth my hair back

MISSES:
Fx curl booster fixative gel--umm that silicone crap makes my hands go crazy when applied wet...either wet or dry i didnt see a curl hold nowhere and i had crunchy hair with the stuff..i may use it again later(juss cuz i have it) or give it someone...

Jury's still out:
Kenra moisturizing shampoo and conditioner i got as samples..there isnt much in the tubes(i only used a lil didnt want to use it all at once) but i didnt notice anything spectacular..i would need a liter bottle of both it seems tho to saturate my head...but i may finish the tubes off later on

deedabug

[ QUOTE ]
Hits:

La Bella Styling Gel--I have always been curious about these giant, very cheap tubs of gel at Walmart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the green gel...their brand is good to be so cheap and to get so much in the bottle

Honi

There is no board.
Hits:

Elasta QP Intense - this stuff is da bomb.
Kenra MC
Kenra Moist. shampoo - jury still out but it work great with the conditioner

Faith

Hits:
Elasta QP Intense
Better Braids unbraid spray (thanks Diva..never thought of using it on relaxed hair)
Garnier Fructis 3 min mask
Pantene S&S
St.Ives Frizz Ease Serum

Jury is still out /images/graemlins/look.gif :
Coconut milk mixed with conditoner and oils

dreemssold

Hits: Profectiv Break-Free (Thanks all who recommended this /images/graemlins/smile.gif!)
Misses: None

Yep, it's been a slow month /images/graemlins/look.gif.

Neen

Hits:
-Frizz-ease con., serum, and relaxing creme for coarse hair. I am in love with this stuff. My hair is soft, shiny, moist and has BEAUTIFULLY defined coils /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-Elasta QP Recovery Oil. I love this stuff for my sons and neices. It has awesome ingredients, leaves their hair soft and shiny, and it isn't greasy AT ALL!

Misses:
none really. The verdict is still out on my Motions leave-in conditioner.

blkbuttahflyy

Loc'd 12/04 ~ 07/12.
Hits
Beyond the Zone Noodlehead (Replaces the Curly Pudding)
Elasta QP Mango Butter
LeKair Cholesterol w/Aloe
Surge in the a.m. and Frenchee SuperGro in the p.m. for my edges

Misses
Elasta QP Feels Like Silk
Generic K-Pak
S-Curl No Drip Moisturizer
hairforsale.com - My credit card company has been contacted about them. /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

Undecided, but probably won't purchase again
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding
Sebastian Wet
Unrefined Shea Butter

Faith

Audra, I liked that my hair was soooo soft afterwards even before I added my leave in (Elasta QP recovery). My hair felt stronger and was definitely softer and it's a cheap conditioner...go figure /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sunnydey

HITS:
1.)Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo For Color-Treated or Permed Hair
2.)Garnier Fructis Fortifying Cream Conditioner For Colored-Treated or Permed Hair
3.)Garnier Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner 3 Minute Masque

MISSES:
None

Leslie_C

WOW, I am amazed that I actually have nothing to report for once...maybe my pjism is getting better! Ive pretty much found a good system with what Ive got and dont see a need to experiment...if it aint broke(dont fix it).....lol.

My staples are now: Nexxus Therappe and Humectress, Salerm or NTM leave in, Elasta QP recovery as a moisturizer, and Africas best herbal oil. For deep conditioning I love salerm wheat germ now. For protein Nexxus Emergencee. I cant believe Ive narrowed it down to less than 10 products...this is a milestone!

LABETT

HITS
Nioxin Bliss-found this light weight reconditioner for $2.39
My hair seems stronger and thicker I use it as a leave in. /images/graemlins/up.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif
Isoplus Avocado Oil
ST Ives Vanilla & Edelweiss-THANKS Sassygirl
Amla & Shikakai shampoo-Found this in a Indian store
Nubian Silk Stimulating Growth Oil-Better than WGO and no bad smell /images/graemlins/up.gif
Nexxus Biotin Creme-love the tingly feeling
Sole & Cinnamon Shampoo and Rinse

Misses
Nexxus Biotin Shampoo-made my hair kinda dry and a little hard /images/graemlins/down.gif
Nexxus Cystine Treatment-made my hair hard and very tangled
I had to follow up with Kendra immediately /images/graemlins/down.gif
Posner Exotic Hair Butter-not moisturizing at all-good ingredients with too much protein /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

ChildlikeEmpress

Hits:

*Suave conditioners! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't know what happened to my hair between March (the last time I tried them) and now, but... wow. I loveLoveLOVE the Citrus Smoothie and Milk and Honey varieties. They both leave my hair very soft and sweet-smelling.

*Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream! Okay, so I first tried this out in August, but it's still worth a recommendation. Not only is it good on its own, but it seems to make my other products work better!

Misses:

*ORS Shea Butter Lotion. /images/graemlins/angry2.gif That crap should come with a warning label, and whoever thought that selling it was a good idea should be beaten with a frozen fish. It claims that it makes your hair soft and shiny, but it made mine dry, frizzy, dull and completely unmanageable. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

~Rochelle. /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

Miosy

Hits:
Ion clarifying shampoo, not too harsh
Nexxus Biotin Creme /images/graemlins/up.gif

Miss:
Ion moisturizing conditioner, it just sat on my hair /images/graemlins/down.gif