September Hits and Misses

mkstar826

supersonic
HITS:
*Pantene Purity Clarifying shampoo & Suave Daily Moisture conditioner
(using these two together was wonderful :love: my hair had lost some elasticity from being in braidlocs for almost 3 months and it made it snap right back!)
*Dr Bronner's Baby Mild castile soap (cleans well w/o stripping)
*Aveda Rosemary Mint conditioner (acutally an august hit but it's great and smells wonderful)
*washing 1-2 times a week (actually an ongoing hit since about June - softer, more moisturized hair)

MISSES:
none so far

taraglam2

HITS

Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer
Lottabody
Clairol Herbal Essence Leave-In Conditioner (Watery) - Revisit

Jury Still out on Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo

WesternEyes

Hits:
MTG - makes my hair soft and silky
Suave Daily Moisture Conditioner - great for co-washes, inexpensive
Profectiv Anti-breakage shimmering oil sheen - good for a burst of shine

Deniece

Natural Beauty
Hits:
Oyin whipped pudding..love love it, good moisture, smells like chocolate butter
Aubrey organics honeysucke rose conditioner......
Asha's Mane attraction...great moisture & definition just a lil herby smellfor me
Daily Defense Tender Apple Conditioner

Misses:
Avalon organics clarifying shampoo w/ lemon & shea butter...hair didn't feel good at all after or during wash
Asha's silk rose....smelled great but didn't see or feel any benefit
Qhemet Biologics....sample pack....most of the stuff did nothing for my hair...worked well on mom's hair though
Pantene Hydrating Curls...curl revive...revive what...ummm noo

Healthb4Length

Miss Key 10 en 1 plus:clapping: ...never tried the regular one but I am VERY impressed with this one;)
B's Satin Deep Conditioner:clapping: A hard to find product...so glad I tried it, made my hair strong and soft.
Cantu shea soft cream moisturizing shampoo :clapping:
Giovanni Leave-in treatment :clapping:...I should have tried this one sooner!:)

Divine Inspiration

Hits:John Freida Dream Curls & Neutrogena Triple Moisture Healing Shine Serum

Misses: Lustrasilk Cholesterol (my hair did NOT like this stuff at all...dryness & tangles!)

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
HITS:

Silk Elements Mega Silk Moisturizing Deep Conditioner ( hair felt like butter!)
Aphogee Keratin Protein Conditoner ( stopped shedding in a snap)
Miss Keys Super Conditioner (Awesome :love: :love: )
Proclaim Glossing Serum ( smells yummy-shine!)

Misses:

NONE

bklyncurly

MAJOR HITS!!! -

Paul Mitchell Straight Works (love this stuff!!!!)
Loreal Color Spa - Color Ebony (WOW!!!! - no more hard hair after coloring!) :) :) :)

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Big Hits:

L'oreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil Treatment :)

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - For hair, skin and sauteing veggies.:love:

Last edited:

Bmm

HITS

SALERM SHAMPOO & CON. THE CON HAS CRAZY SLIP.

MISSES

I HAVE NONE AS OF YET. ALTHOUGH I WILL BE GETTING STA SOF FRO? DID I SAY THAT RIGHT.

Britt

Bmm said:
HITS

MISSES

I HAVE NONE AS OF YET. ALTHOUGH I WILL BE GETTING STA SOF FRO? DID I SAY THAT RIGHT.

BMM which shampoo of theirs are you referring to? I always see the 2 big bottles next to each other in the bss
.I think one bottle is blue and I can't think of the color of the other bottle but I always look and stare and wonder, especially since I've never really read any reviews on it. Is it moisturizing?

Cinnabuns

NTM (i know that thi may be a surprise to some people)

This product worked for me at first but it eventually made my scalp itch something fierce. :nono:

lexi08

Bmm said:
HITS

MISSES

Bmm....could you post the name of the shampoo and conditioner you used. I have been wanted to try the Salerm products, but there are so many to choose from.

Bmm

Britt said:
BMM which shampoo of theirs are you referring to? I always see the 2 big bottles next to each other in the bss
.I think one bottle is blue and I can't think of the color of the other bottle but I always look and stare and wonder, especially since I've never really read any reviews on it. Is it moisturizing?

That would be them. I use both shampoo and con. I am in heaven!! :littleang I also use the wheat germ mask. I use to use Keracare...now these are my stapels.

Bmm

nikki1971 said:
Bmm....could you post the name of the shampoo and conditioner you used. I have been wanted to try the Salerm products, but there are so many to choose from.

They both are in big bottles. one is blue writing, and the other is green writing . They are the biggest bottles I have seen salerm products in. They cost between $15-17.00, well worth the price. The Conditioner is so great...I can actually comb my hair with ease.

The wheatgerm I use under the dryer though. The regular Conditioner I just use the steam of the shower, and it works wonders!

Last edited:

LongIslandBeauty

Hits:
Greit Oil 12 en 1
Tropical Crema Negra
Avanti Silicon Mix
Alopecil Cinnamon & Rosemary oil
Vegetable glycerin and water spritz
Citre Shine Anti Frizz Serum

Misses:
Jamaican Black Castor Oil

sareca

Hits
Kenra clarifying shampoo (the distilled water thing is getting old already)
Kenra moisturizing conditioner

No misses :D

Last edited:

miracle

miracle said:
Hits:
Rivas Silicon Mix Intensive Leave-in Hair Shine and Conditioner

ORS Replinishing Pak-- :love: :love: :love: (Don't know what took me so long to try this one :lol: )

No Misses

Adding Hit:
Razac Polishing Gloss--I'm so in :love: :love: :love: (This will take the place of my John Frieda Relax Serum)

mkstar826

supersonic
mkstar826 said:
HITS:
*Pantene Purity Clarifying shampoo & Suave Daily Moisture conditioner
(using these two together was wonderful :love: my hair had lost some elasticity from being in braidlocs for almost 3 months and it made it snap right back!)
*Dr Bronner's Baby Mild castile soap (cleans well w/o stripping)
*Aveda Rosemary Mint conditioner (acutally an august hit but it's great and smells wonderful)
*washing 1-2 times a week (actually an ongoing hit since about June - softer, more moisturized hair)

MISSES:
none so far

added HIT: Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E gel - :love: I use it as a leave-in instead a gel, and it's very moisturizing!

misspriss

Hits: Aussie MOIST, Dudley's Creme Press (grease and a Chi Iron are my best friends when I want a lasting press)

Misses: Keracare Humecto (not my friend, left my hair tangled and was WAY too expensive for mediocre results)

Jury still out: Coconut Milk (who knew it was so creamy, i was thinking "milk-consistancy")

PrettyBrownEyes

Hit: Lacio Lacio. I just got back from NY and of course, I had to get some of the raved about Dominican products since you can't find them in Northern California.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Hits:
- Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo (sally generic)
- KeraCare Humecto
- Lustrasilk Tea Tree Cholesterol
- NTM Leave In
- Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Reconstructurizer
- WGO
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon

Misses:
- NTM Hair Mask
- CON shampoo
- Pantene Relaed & Natural Conditioner

Last edited:

carameldiva

Hits:

Rosemary oil
Sweet almond oil
wheatgerm oil
evening primrose oil
apricot kernel oil
jamaica black castor oil

SalonCare shampoos and conditioners(can be purchased at Sally's)
(i love the way they smell and the price and the way they make my hair feel)

Cholesterol
Lamaur's bone marrow( i revisited this one- haven't used in a long while- hair still loves it)

No misses this month

Kitkat

Just one miss this month - Aubreys GPB Shampoo. I picked this up in a rush, thinking it was the GPB Conditioner. As I applied it, I felt my hair getting really hard and clumped together, kinda like sandpaper. Took it back today and exchanged it for the conditioner. Guuuurl . . . :grin: never again.

hubutterfly

Hits:
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Shampoo
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops

Miss:
Jamaican Black Castor Oil (Loved the way it made my hair feel, my roots were softer but I think I am allergic :ohwell: my scalp was on fire! I mean my whole head, I never experienced anything like that before :mad: )