Response video to comments about Maximum Hydration

MissMusic

For those who want insight into the science behind the method, check out the blog posts by The Natural Haven:

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/07/max-hydration-method-can-you-get-4c.html

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/10/curl-clumping-in-4c-hair-bentonite-clay.html

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/09/curl-clumping-in-type-4c-hair-hair.html

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/09/triethanolamine-tea-in-gel-is-it-bad.html

She did an analysis of the method as well as some experiments testing out why it works. Like the woman in the second video stated, its really the clay step that makes the most difference, which makes sense. If you look at Nap85 video's before regular use of clay, there is a distinct difference in time and the coils in her hair. Another example is KinkyKurlyQueen who did clay treatments every month or so.

Conditioning is the MOST IMPORTANT part of taking care of natural hair, and while I do not do the MHM, I appreciate the fact that it is emphasizing the conditioning. The MHM emphasizes regular cleansing, deep moisture, detoxifying and light strengthening with natural products. I am a stan for regular cleansing and deep conditioning, its what makes my hair easy. I already do that, so I don't feel the need to jump on the bandwagon, but I can truly see why this bandwagon is worthwhile for many.

I still haven't used clay on my hair, I may give it a go one of these days.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
For those who want insight into the science behind the method, check out the blog posts by The Natural Haven:

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/07/max-hydration-method-can-you-get-4c.html

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/10/curl-clumping-in-4c-hair-bentonite-clay.html

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/09/curl-clumping-in-type-4c-hair-hair.html

http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2014/09/triethanolamine-tea-in-gel-is-it-bad.html

She did an analysis of the method as well as some experiments testing out why it works. Like the woman in the second video stated, its really the clay step that makes the most difference, which makes sense. If you look at Nap85 video's before regular use of clay, there is a distinct difference in time and the coils in her hair. Another example is KinkyKurlyQueen who did clay treatments every month or so.

Conditioning is the MOST IMPORTANT part of taking care of natural hair, and while I do not do the MHM, I appreciate the fact that it is emphasizing the conditioning. The MHM emphasizes regular cleansing, deep moisture, detoxifying and light strengthening with natural products. I am a stan for regular cleansing and deep conditioning, its what makes my hair easy. I already do that, so I don't feel the need to jump on the bandwagon, but I can truly see why this bandwagon is worthwhile for many.

I do not agree with her typing of her hair but thats just me.

oneastrocurlie

While the results look great. There are two things deterring me. 1. I have to mix my own products. I'm lazy. 2. I have to at least in the initial stages do it fairly often. Did I mention I am lazy? Lol. OK not super lazy but it's about 3 steps too many for me.

But it's cool people are finding something that works. It's a great feeling to have that "finally!" moment. I am curious to see long term effects.

snoop

I will admit that I'm a bit skeptical about doing the baking soda or AVC rinses in step one with the dilutions that she's suggested. I’ve read her “MHM Myths Debunked: Cutting Apart the Baking Soda Fixation”, but I’m not sure I buy what she’s selling, especially when she makes comments like this:

“I have ordered ph strips and will test for myself what the ph range is in this regimen, with my pure arm and hammer bakingsoda. Once I receive it I will update this page with my results.”

That was back in August. You can’t write a page saying that you are debunking something but then later say, but I will come back and let you know if what I am saying is correct.

Another thing that I find strange is the amount of people “using” the method, but then modifying it. Not saying that there’s anything wrong with it, I’m wondering if it really is a “method” if there are so many permutations (changing the order, changing the products, omitting steps, etc.)

That being said, I did try it for two days since it’s similar to my regular routine except that it’s twice as long and a lot more frequent. There are a lot of beautiful heads of hair as a result of this method. I do like my “frizzy” hair, but if I could acquire and maintain MORE moisture it couldn’t hurt, right? I tried the method for 2 days and realized that based on my lifestyle I just can’t do it right now as it’s way too time consuming, especially since I don’t want to wear my hair in a wash and go. That being said there were things that I learned from trying MHM that I can apply to my regimen going forward.

First, technique makes a difference. I used MsDeeKay’s method of applying the product (essentially she shingles her hair at every step) and I found that instead of slathering on product like I normally do, coating each strand carefully is potentially more beneficial. The other major light bulb moment for me was not using oil to seal, which I’ve always questioned the pros and cons of. Although I’m not a huge fan of the gel, I found that my hair remained softer, longer, even when I stopped doing the method but still had the gel in my hair.

I’ll continue to follow this method because I think that there is something to be learned from it.

JaneBond007

Ok, I'm watching and some don't use the bs/acv evidently. But when I saw MsDeekay using it (oy, I'm gritting through the halted speech...I should know better, I'm a linguist, AHEM), she used it with so many diff. protein sources ????? Aminos, egg, yogurt, , even blackstrap molasses acts as protein. Why you need all that? Which is why I'm wondering as well...this is not very scientific. Doesn't WEN also remove all the build-up from other chemicals over time? I guess what I'm asking is if it would be more logical to use the clay and bs/acv THEN the CherryLola?

Last edited:

Honey Bee

Ok, I'm watching and some don't use the bs/acv evidently. But when I saw MsDeekay using it (oy, I'm gritting through the halted speech...I should know better, I'm a linguist, AHEM), she used it with so many diff. protein sources ????? Aminos, egg, yogurt, , even blackstrap molasses acts as protein. Why you need all that? Which is why I'm wondering as well...this is not very scientific. Doesn't WEN also remove all the build-up from other chemicals over time? I guess what I'm asking is if it would be more logical to use the clay and bs/acv THEN the CherryLola?
Are you talking about the modified Cherry Lola Treatment? It's only done once (or every two weeks). My internal logic is that they use so many different proteins within the CLT because it's the only acceptable protein in the regimen. Aminos, eggs, and yogurt are all different sizes of molecules/ chains, from small enough to get in the strand to big enough to sit on top. I think they're trynna cover all potential bases aka, chinks in the cuticle.

eta: MsDeeKay lives in one of the Scandinavian countries. Perhaps English isn't her first language? :confused:

faithVA

From Pinkecube's website she does say the Cherry Lola Carmel (CLC) treatment is optional. It's purpose is to start the hair with a good moisture/protein balance. But it is still optional. But after doing MHM for a few weeks, most will want to put some protein in their somewhere and CLC is a very natural way of doing that.

Sometimes reading individual ingredients things sound terrible but when they are put together somehow they work very well together.

My hair is not a fan of protein but the CLC worked quite well for my hair.

charmtreese

I saw the video when it first came out. I found it interesting. However, that YouTuber gets under my skin. She says things like "4c hair is very difficult, and any natural who says it's not is not being honest" or "4c hair should only be washed once a month". I despise blanket statements, just because she finds her hair difficult does not mean that ALL 4c's find their hair to be difficult and washing/cleansing your hair only once a month may work for some but is certainly not the standard. She claims she's been natural for 10 years, and she has growing hands....but if CBL is all the hair you have after 10 years, Im gonna need you to have a seat away from the camera and off of Youtube...handing out BAD advice like it's the gospel! Girl BYE, with your jacked up growing hands!!!!

But back to the MHM, I don't plan on trying it anytime soon. I'm happy for the ladies that use this regimen with success!

Last edited:

CocoGlow

I saw the video when it first came out. I found it interesting. However, that YouTuber gets under my skin. She says things like "4c hair is very difficult, and any natural who says it's not is not being honest" or "4c hair should only be washed once a month". I despise blanket statements, just because she finds her hair difficult does not mean that ALL 4c's find their hair to be difficult and washing/cleansing your hair only once a month may work for some but is certainly not the standard. She claims she's been natural for 10 years, and she has growing hands....but if CBL is all the hair you have after 10 years, Im gonna need you to have a set away from the camera and off of Youtube...handing out BAD advice like it's the gospel! Girl BYE, with your jacked up growing hands!!!!

But back to the MHM, I don't plan on trying it anytime soon. I'm happy for the ladies that use this regimen with success!

charmtreese

Whoa :lol: :spinning: ... who was this on Youtube?

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
I think the most important thing about MHM is that at the core moisture is the key to achieving healthy hair.

I've been natural close to 4 years and getting moisture to stay in my hair has been the hardest thing for me to manage. Water would just stand on my strands. Steaming helped but wasn't super effective. I could get my hair to "look" good but not always "feel" good. The longer it got the more splits, SSKs, and dryness occurred. Every trim was turning into a mini cut because I could not keep my ends happy. Protective styling helped some but my scalp would revolt in a little over a week but my hair wasn't responding to the manipulation of weekly washing. I was at a standoff with my hair.

MHM was finally gotten my hair to actually feel moisturized and stay that way...no matter what style I choose to wear. SSKs stopped. Split ends dramatically reduced. No more 90 minute detangling sessions. My scalp isn't dry and flaking anymore.

I think of MHM is a guide. Right now I wash my hair twice a week. I've just been cowashing and styling. I can be done in under an hour. If I feel my hair/scalp needs clarification, I add the clay step. If my hair starts feeling dry, I do the ACV/baking soda step. Initially, I followed everything by the letter and took note of how my hair responded at each step. Yes, it was a time sucker in the beginning but I've saved time over the long run now that my hair is in a better condition. Now that I have that information I can modify steps as my hair tells me.

If your regimen is working for you and your hair is happy no need to change up what you do. My hair was struggling so I was open to experimenting. Every product, method, hair tool isn't for everyone.

charmtreese

charmtreese

Whoa :lol: :spinning: ... who was this on Youtube?

The YouTuber is: Osa Osula

The video where she says "4c hair is frustrating and anyone on Youtube that say's it is not is lying to you" is in the OP at about 10:30.

In the same video at about 12:20 she talks about the length of time she's been in the "hair game", and at 13:14 she talks about her magical growing hands!

Adiatasha

I suffered from dry dry hair. Like Sahara dry.

Since starting the MHM method, I am FINALLY able to be in the same conversation with the ladies on this board.

I didn't know what soft hair was, I didn't know what moisturized hair felt like. It's hard to hear "do what works for your hair" when you yourself do not understand your hair. nothing works. NOW I KNOW

All this time I thought if only my hair type was x

But in reality I was using all the wrong products in the wrong order I just was doing what everyone else was doing not knowing where I would end up. Oh wait I always ended up with dry brittle hair that I would put into a weave cause it was difficult to manage.

MHM put together a regimine for me to follow. Someone like me who doesn't know where or when to start. MHM gives you a clean palate to work with. I finally have clean but moisturized hair. My plan is to do this once a week until my hair is fully moisturized.

As another poster said that all of these steps are done by most naturals but now it's in an order, defined and given a name.

Some of us need 50-11 steps to infuse the moisture back into our hair.

From what I see the method is
ACV RINSE
leave in conditioner
Clay
Leave in conditioner
Gel

I think naptural85 does these steps except the gel. She does an acv rinse, clay, aloe Vera juice and leave in.

I'm sure I'm in the minority when it comes to not knowing my hair but I'm glad someone took the time to detail exactly what I needed to do.

SpiceUpMyHair

@charmtreese
you took the words right out of my mouth. She claims that 4c women hate there textures when she is the one avoiding her texture. She just blows out her hair and stay in a protective style for three months and then starts the whole process over again. I dont understand why she made 3 videos on mhm if she dislikes it so much. She is just mad that someone told her that her hair is dry and she looks like she is struggling with her hair. They recommended that she tried the method then she went off.

Last edited:

Adiatasha

charmtreese you took the words right out of my mouth. She claims that 4c women hate there textures when she is the one avoiding her texture. She just blows out her hair and stay in a protective style for three months and then start the whole process again. I dont understand when she made 3 videos on mhm is she dislikes it so much. She is just mad the someone told her that her hair is dry and she looks like she is struggling with her hair. They recommended that she tried the method then she went off.

Lmao!!!!!

Ain't she a hairdresser?

MissMusic

The method is based on the regimen of several naturals, including Aketafitgirl who have been using ACV and Clay for years. That natural approach obviously works, which is why I feel the MHM is harmless and worth a try if you are struggling with your hair.

As stated above, different strokes for different folks.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
This Osa person is very condescending. She has some valid reasons why SHE would not want to try it, but my word, all that 'in your face attitude' is quite off putting.

Honey Bee

The YouTuber is: Osa Osula

The video where she says "4c hair is frustrating and anyone on Youtube that say's it is not is lying to you" is in the OP at about 10:30.

In the same video at about 12:20 she talks about the length of time she's been in the "hair game", and at 13:14 she talks about her magical growing hands!
Which is why I side-eye people who use that line of reasoning. Trust, if bs and acv was straightening hair, we woulda BEEN knew about it. :lachen: And before you say, 'No, who says they woulda thought of it?' consider that people figured out that a mixture of eggs and some other ish straightened hair.

They were nothing if not inventive. :look:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
JaneBond007

Protective Princess - she is very concise and to the point - I love her vids. Also she is the only one so far on Youtube doing this method on longer hair! :yep:
She has recently decided to do a modified version of MHM from here on out that you can find about on her Youtube page

CocoGlow

I think I may try ProtectivePrincess' version of the method. Based on my past experiences with my hair it should work very well.

For those who want insight into the science behind the method, check out the blog posts by The Natural Haven.

MissMusic

I found this post to be very informative. I have also noticed that Naptural85 basically grew her hair out using the method. This post really gives me a lot more faith that not only the method can work for me, but that I can modify it and still reap some benefit.

I will admit that I'm a bit skeptical about doing the baking soda or AVC rinses in step one with the dilutions that she's suggested. I’ve read her “MHM Myths Debunked: Cutting Apart the Baking Soda Fixation”, but I’m not sure I buy what she’s selling, especially when she makes comments like this:

“I have ordered ph strips and will test for myself what the ph range is in this regimen, with my pure arm and hammer bakingsoda. Once I receive it I will update this page with my results.”

That was back in August. You can’t write a page saying that you are debunking something but then later say, but I will come back and let you know if what I am saying is correct.

Another thing that I find strange is the amount of people “using” the method, but then modifying it. Not saying that there’s anything wrong with it, I’m wondering if it really is a “method” if there are so many permutations (changing the order, changing the products, omitting steps, etc.)

That being said, I did try it for two days since it’s similar to my regular routine except that it’s twice as long and a lot more frequent. There are a lot of beautiful heads of hair as a result of this method. I do like my “frizzy” hair, but if I could acquire and maintain MORE moisture it couldn’t hurt, right? I tried the method for 2 days and realized that based on my lifestyle I just can’t do it right now as it’s way too time consuming, especially since I don’t want to wear my hair in a wash and go. That being said there were things that I learned from trying MHM that I can apply to my regimen going forward.

First, technique makes a difference. I used MsDeeKay’s method of applying the product (essentially she shingles her hair at every step) and I found that instead of slathering on product like I normally do, coating each strand carefully is potentially more beneficial. The other major light bulb moment for me was not using oil to seal, which I’ve always questioned the pros and cons of. Although I’m not a huge fan of the gel, I found that my hair remained softer, longer, even when I stopped doing the method but still had the gel in my hair.

I’ll continue to follow this method because I think that there is something to be learned from it.

snoop

I agree with just about everything you said in this post. I am still leery of the acv/bakingsoda. Not because I believe they relax hair, but because they can be drying and it is very easy to dry out my hair.

On the other hand I think that something can be learned from this method anyway. Especially it's emphasis on clay and frequent washing. I have been using Shea Moisture Purification Masque which contains clay almost every wash as a pre-shampoo Rx for the past year and a half plus since shawnyblazes put me on to it. I have still been messing with shampoo though because I have been washing too infrequently to rely on no-poo methods. I have finally been moved to purchase the pure clay and if I cleanse more frequently while avoiding shampoo entirely that may be the missing piece in my regimen. Detangling remains an ongoing issue for me. Also, the product application makes complete sense to me. I have often wondered if product could even get everywhere on my hair because of how kinky it is. The technique for application of product has the potential to be very useful.

I saw the video when it first came out. I found it interesting. However, that YouTuber gets under my skin. She says things like "4c hair is very difficult, and any natural who says it's not is not being honest" or "4c hair should only be washed once a month". I despise blanket statements, just because she finds her hair difficult does not mean that ALL 4c's find their hair to be difficult and washing/cleansing your hair only once a month may work for some but is certainly not the standard. She claims she's been natural for 10 years, and she has growing hands....but if CBL is all the hair you have after 10 years, Im gonna need you to have a seat away from the camera and off of Youtube...handing out BAD advice like it's the gospel! Girl BYE, with your jacked up growing hands!!!!

charmtreese

Yeah, I did not like her tone either. I also had the same questions about how can she offer advice when she is not an example of a woman with particularly long 4c hair. After 10 years if I am giving advice on Youtube I better look like TK Wonder or at least have Nap85's length especially if I am going to have that attitude. If you are that hype about something it is better to say nothing rather than risk alienating your viewers. I posted the video because it echoed some of my concerns, not because I appreciated her tone ( or length progress).

I think the most important thing about MHM is that at the core moisture is the key to achieving healthy hair.

I've been natural close to 4 years and getting moisture to stay in my hair has been the hardest thing for me to manage. Water would just stand on my strands. Steaming helped but wasn't super effective. I could get my hair to "look" good but not always "feel" good. The longer it got the more splits, SSKs, and dryness occurred. Every trim was turning into a mini cut because I could not keep my ends happy. Protective styling helped some but my scalp would revolt in a little over a week but my hair wasn't responding to the manipulation of weekly washing. I was at a standoff with my hair.

MHM was finally gotten my hair to actually feel moisturized and stay that way...no matter what style I choose to wear. SSKs stopped. Split ends dramatically reduced. No more 90 minute detangling sessions. My scalp isn't dry and flaking anymore.

I think of MHM is a guide. Right now I wash my hair twice a week. I've just been cowashing and styling. I can be done in under an hour. If I feel my hair/scalp needs clarification, I add the clay step. If my hair starts feeling dry, I do the ACV/baking soda step. Initially, I followed everything by the letter and took note of how my hair responded at each step. Yes, it was a time sucker in the beginning but I've saved time over the long run now that my hair is in a better condition. Now that I have that information I can modify steps as my hair tells me.

If your regimen is working for you and your hair is happy no need to change up what you do. My hair was struggling so I was open to experimenting. Every product, method, hair tool isn't for everyone.

crimsonpeach

I think I am experiencing some of the issues you were which is why I am looking at this method in the first place. When I began this journey up until currently, protective styling has been my mainstay. I also have not had trouble getting my hair to feel soft since using handmade items and since I have mostly finger detangled for most of my journey, I have not had a lot of splits or trouble with length retention.

Lately though, the time it takes to detangle my hair has been unendurable. It just makes no sense. These tangles have really been detrimental to my hair journey, causing me to procrastinate when it is time to wash my hair. the ssk's have also been problematic. So any method that can genuinely address those issues piques my interest.

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I suffered from dry dry hair. Like Sahara dry.

Since starting the MHM method, I am FINALLY able to be in the same conversation with the ladies on this board.

I didn't know what soft hair was, I didn't know what moisturized hair felt like. It's hard to hear "do what works for your hair" when you yourself do not understand your hair. nothing works. NOW I KNOW

All this time I thought if only my hair type was x

But in reality I was using all the wrong products in the wrong order I just was doing what everyone else was doing not knowing where I would end up. Oh wait I always ended up with dry brittle hair that I would put into a weave cause it was difficult to manage.

MHM put together a regimine for me to follow. Someone like me who doesn't know where or when to start. MHM gives you a clean palate to work with. I finally have clean but moisturized hair. My plan is to do this once a week until my hair is fully moisturized.

As another poster said that all of these steps are done by most naturals but now it's in an order, defined and given a name.

Some of us need 50-11 steps to infuse the moisture back into our hair.

From what I see the method is
ACV RINSE
leave in conditioner
Clay
Leave in conditioner
Gel

I think naptural85 does these steps except the gel. She does an acv rinse, clay, aloe Vera juice and leave in.

I'm sure I'm in the minority when it comes to not knowing my hair but I'm glad someone took the time to detail exactly what I needed to do.

Adiatasha

I don't think you are in the minority. I think we can all use a little bit more help to make things a little easier. It is why this is a journey not a trip to the corner. As our hair grows, its needs change and what may have worked before may need tweaking. It is why I am interested in the method and the progress of ladies such as yourself who are doing it.

* I tried to abridge some of the posts to stay below the character limit. As you can see it did not work. :lol:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I've been natural since 2006. since I discovered making my own clay rinses, I have never had a day where I don't know what moisturized hair is.

I NEVER have dry hair, EVER. I can use any product and make it work just about.

My hair hates certain things like aloe , coconut and shea butter, but if its formulated right (Qhemet Biologics) my hair will not react.

My problem is protein overload and not leaving my hair alone. I also am style challenged.

If I had to use only rhassoul and bentonite, flax seed gels, and a generic conditioner I could. I just choose to be a product junkie.

If my hair is dry( hard gel/heavy protein), I prepoo with anything ( oil , conditioner, deep conditioner , old product, whatever) , then clay rinse, deep condition ( with or without steam), Dont need a leave in, and go straight to styling for a WnG. If I use a leave in, its to get rid of something or because the styler said use one.

I dont use ACV straight but in my clay. I only use baking soda when doing a cherry lola. I only follow this routine when my hair is loose. I wash every 3 days and weekly do a claywash or use a product with clay in it to wash. Other times, I'm protective styling.

Thats about it. Wash day takes me maybe 5 hours AND that's only because Im working , watching tv, letting conditioner sit, etc. I could do my whole wash day in mmm.... 15 mins to prepoo, 15 mins to clay wash ( cherrylola once a month) , 15 mins to deep condition, and 20 minutes to style.

Last edited:

JaneBond007

How is this being touted for 4c hair when there are people with 1-2c hair using it bs as 'poo and acv as conditioner? I'm trying to use it on 3 hair - one is coarse textured and the other is fine-textured to cut the fuzzies. Only thing, the lady using it as a 'poo has blond highlighted hair and some of it looks dry but she says it is in the best conditioner ever.

faithVA

How is this being touted for 4c hair when there are people with 1-2c hair using it bs as 'poo and acv as conditioner? I'm trying to use it on 3 hair - one is coarse textured and the other is fine-textured to cut the fuzzies. Only thing, the lady using it as a 'poo has blond highlighted hair and some of it looks dry but she says it is in the best conditioner ever.

The combination is primarily suggested for low porosity type 4 hair. It's the low porosity that is the primary issue. Pinkecube thinks she is 4c which is where the 4c part comes from. It's the combination and the order that seems to make the difference for low porosity hair. And I think type 4's may tend to have low porosity hair more frequently due to the curl/kink size.

JaneBond007

Are you talking about the modified Cherry Lola Treatment? It's only done once (or every two weeks). My internal logic is that they use so many different proteins within the CLT because it's the only acceptable protein in the regimen. Aminos, eggs, and yogurt are all different sizes of molecules/ chains, from small enough to get in the strand to big enough to sit on top. I think they're trynna cover all potential bases aka, chinks in the cuticle.

eta: MsDeeKay lives in one of the Scandinavian countries. Perhaps English isn't her first language? :confused:

:lol:That's what I figure out. Aminos would be best followed by blackstrap. I just wanna kill frizz. Oh, and I forget, I used to use a volcanic ash conditioner I used to get from Sally's (no more there) and it honestly put some great moisture in the hair. I'll try and find it again or get the rassoul. THANKS!!!

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I've been natural since 2006. since I discovered making my own clay rinses, I have never had a day where I don't know what moisturized hair is.

I NEVER have dry hair, EVER. I can use any product and make it work just about.

My hair hates certain things like aloe , coconut and shea butter, but if its formulated right (Qhemet Biologics) my hair will not react.

My problem is protein overload and not leaving my hair alone. I also am style challenged.

If I had to use only rhassoul and bentonite, flax seed gels, and a generic conditioner I could. I just choose to be a product junkie.

If my hair is dry( hard gel/heavy protein), I prepoo with anything ( oil , conditioner, deep conditioner , old product, whatever) , then clay rinse, deep condition ( with or without steam), Dont need a leave in, and go straight to styling for a WnG. If I use a leave in, its to get rid of something or because the styler said use one.

I dont use ACV straight but in my clay. I only use baking soda when doing a cherry lola. I only follow this routine when my hair is loose. I wash every 3 days and weekly do a claywash or use a product with clay in it to wash. Other times, I'm protective styling.

Thats about it. Wash day takes me maybe 5 hours AND that's only because Im working , watching tv, letting conditioner sit, etc. I could do my whole wash day in mmm.... 15 mins to prepoo, 15 mins to clay wash ( cherrylola once a month) , 15 mins to deep condition, and 20 minutes to style.

shawnyblazes

That sounds perfect. That sounds like that could work for me. Protein and me can't seem to get it right either. I always end up with brittle ends when I incorporate protein regularly. I think it is only quinoa protein that agrees with me ( and I am not entirely sure about that :look:). My hair is also on the fence about aloe and only likes coconut oil under certain circumstances.

charmtreese

@charmtreese
you took the words right out of my mouth. She claims that 4c women hate there textures when she is the one avoiding her texture. She just blows out her hair and stay in a protective style for three months and then starts the whole process over again. I dont understand why she made 3 videos on mhm if she dislikes it so much. She is just mad that someone told her that her hair is dry and she looks like she is struggling with her hair. They recommended that she tried the method then she went off.

Exactly, I'm going to need for her to actually know her own hair before she starts making claims and accusations on ALL 4c hair.

Lmao!!!!!

Ain't she a hairdresser?

I don't think so, I believe she's a gym teacher. She mentioned two jobs I'm not sure what the other one is. Just because you rub some oil in your friends hair and 3 months later it was a 1/2 inch longer does not make you a stylist!!!

charmtreese

Yeah, I did not like her tone either. I also had the same questions about how can she offer advice when she is not an example of a woman with particularly long 4c hair. After 10 years if I am giving advice on Youtube I better look like TK Wonder or at least have Nap85's length especially if I am going to have that attitude. If you are that hype about something it is better to say nothing rather than risk alienating your viewers. I posted the video because it echoed some of my concerns, not because I appreciated her tone ( or length progress).
[/QUOTE]

I subbed to her because I want to support type 4's on YouTube, and the first few videos I watched were tolerable, but after watching a few more of her videos, I was like..."ohhh, so you think you know everrrrything about type 4c hair :nono:!!...but where is the hair to back it up?":look:

MissMusic

I was ready to give up on Shampoo's until I found Ouidad Curl Co-Wash, it completely changed the game. It's expensive, but it works WONDERFULLY!

I have also found that slathering DC all over every single strand makes a world of difference. I also think most 4c's completely underestimate the importance of trimming, I stopped seeing knots and my Detangling sessions become much easier once I started trimming every 6-8 weeks.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I think it's kinda cool that Ladies that have struggled with maintaining moisturized hair to have found a way to infuse moisture into their strands. Anything that makes your hair life better is cool with me. Nothing like seeing some beautiful moisturized hair. Yum!

faithVA

I think it's kinda cool that Ladies that have struggled with maintaining moisturized hair to have found a way to infuse moisture into their strands. Anything that makes your hair life better is cool with me. Nothing like seeing some beautiful moisturized hair. Yum!

:yep:

It is a different feeling now looking in the mirror and knowing she is alright versus looking in the mirror before and knowing there wasn't anything I could do to help her.