Relaxer Roll Call!

outspokenwallflower

1. What brand & strength (i.e. mild, super, regular) of relaxer are you using? I'm currently using Mizani Butter Blends Sensitive Scalp, Regular

2. What is your hair type? 4b/zzzzzzz

3. Are you happy with your current relaxer? If not, which brand are you considering switching to? I'm actually really really happy with Mizani Butter Blends. My hair feels silky and moisturized after a fresh relaxer.

4. How long have you been using your current relaxer? This is my 3rd time using it; so for about 9 months now.

5. After your relaxer, are you bone straight, relaxed curl pattern, or texturized or some other texture? Bone straight, which is just the way I like it. However, my hair isn't FLAT, which I adore.

6. How often do you relax? I've been doing it about every 3 months and I'm sticking with that for now.

sunnieb

1. What brand & strength (i.e. mild, super, regular) of relaxer are you using?
Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp

2. What is your hair type? Some 4a parts, but mostly 4b

3. Are you happy with your current relaxer? If not, which brand are you considering switching to? Yep, I love Design Essentials! When my stylist switch to Affirm last December, that was one of the reasons I decided to start self-relaxing.

4. How long have you been using your current relaxer? About 2 years.

5. After your relaxer, are you bone straight, relaxed curl pattern, or texturized or some other texture? Bone Straight.

6. How often do you relax? Every 14 weeks.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Mizani BB regular
2. What is your hair type?
4B I believe
3. Are you happy with your current relaxer? If not, which brand are you considering switching to?
Very happy
4. How long have you been using your current relaxer?
6 months
5. After your relaxer, are you bone straight, relaxed curl pattern, or texturized or some other texture?
Bone straight
6. How often do you relax?
Still working that out but every 10-15 weeks

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
1. What brand & strength (i.e. mild, super, regular) of relaxer are you using? usually i use Design Essentials Low Lye Shea Butter relaxer. This time I used Bantu Mild shea butter relaxer since i was pressed for time and you have to order DE online.

2. What is your hair type? 3c/4a

3. Are you happy with your current relaxer? If not, which brand are you considering switching to? yes i love Design Essentials. Bantu was a little strong for me. i have never used that brand before.

4. How long have you been using your current relaxer? 4 years

5. After your relaxer, are you bone straight, relaxed curl pattern, or texturized or some other texture? texlaxed for tight, but relaxed curl.

6. How often do you relax? every 5 to 10 months. longest recent stretch 10 months. shortest recent stretch 5 months.

i process for less than 10 minutes. i don't smooth my hair at all. i apply conditioner to my hair beforehand and also oil.

Toy

1. What brand & strength (i.e. mild, super, regular) of relaxer are you using? : Dark & Lovely Regular

2. What is your hair type?: 4B

3. Are you happy with your current relaxer? If not, which brand are you considering switching to?: Very Happy with Current Brand

4. How long have you been using your current relaxer?: 3-4 Yrs

5. After your relaxer, are you bone straight, relaxed curl pattern, or texturized or some other texture?: Relaxed Curl Pattern

6. How often do you relax?: Every 10 wks

koolkittychick

Paul Mitchell Regular

4a/b

3. Are you happy with your current relaxer? If not, which brand are you considering switching to?
Best relaxer I have ever had. Worth the (lots of) money I pay.

About 19 months

5. After your relaxer, are you bone straight, relaxed curl pattern, or texturized or some other texture?
Bone Straight

Currently every 10 to 12 weeks (aiming for 12 to 16 weeks, if my new growth allows it).

MsLi@512

1. What brand & strength (i.e. mild, super, regular) of relaxer are you using?JFM texture softener- just a mild no lye relaxer

4b no chaser
thrilled with my texlaxed results-no changes
one year and three months

extremely consistent textured results. Gives me the best of both worlds- big kinky thick hair that straightens easily with rollersets or flat irons. and very manageable.
Between 3-6months

Raine054

1. What brand & strength (i.e. mild, super, regular) of relaxer are you using?Vitale Olive Oil Super

2. What is your hair type? 3c/4a

3. Are you happy with your current relaxer? If not, which brand are you considering switching to? very satisfied

4. How long have you been using your current relaxer? 4 years

5. After your relaxer, are you bone straight, relaxed curl pattern, or texturized or some other texture? bone straight

6. How often do you relax?Every 14-20 weeks

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
1. What brand & strength (i.e. mild, super, regular) of relaxer are you using? ORS Olive Oil No Lye Relaxer

2. What is your hair type? 4B

3. Are you happy with your current relaxer? Yes

4. How long have you been using your current relaxer? 21 yrs (dang!)

5. After your relaxer, are you bone straight, relaxed curl pattern, or texturized or some other texture? Bone straight

6. How often do you relax?Every 12-16 weeks

TLC1020

Motions Mild Relaxer

4b

Yes.. Motions work great for me.. Tried different ones but came back to Motions..

Years .. Can't remember how many but about 10 years at least..

Not bone straight b/c mild done get me bone straight but it pretty straight..

No sooner than 12 weeks...

alove15

Thanks for the bump, good thread.

Switched from ORS Normal Lye (10 mins) to Silk Elements Mild Lye (10 mins)

Fine, 4a/4b

Yup! Liking the SE so far. It’s mild and I got my desired result.

1 application :laugh:; so not the most qualified to speak on it. I’ll update if my opinion changes

Relaxed curl (2c/3a ish)

Every 3 months