Phytorelaxer users I have some questions for ya

NewYorkgyrl

How many of you are still using this relaxer? Any fine hair ladies using it?

Were any of you ladies using a LYE relaxer before switching?

What neutralizing shampoo do you use. What other products do you use after applying your relaxer (shampoos, comditioners, etc...)

I am thinking about trying out this relaxer. I have thin hair so I will probably buy index 1. I have done some research but I would also like an update from you ladies, I could really use your help. TIA!

sprungonhairboards

NewYorkgyrl said:

What neutralizing shampoo do you use. What other products do you use after applying your relaxer (shampoos, comditioners, etc...)

I am thinking about trying out this relaxer. I have thin hair so I will probably buy index 1. I have done some research but I would also like an update from you ladies, I could really use your help. TIA!

I use it, I don't have fine hair though but I use Index 1 for texturizing
I did it on 100% virgin hair, never used lye
I used the neutralizer that comes with the relaxer
I plan to do a retouch tonight!

sprungonhairboards

You know, I used the milky reconstructer the 1st time but I doubt I'll be using it this time. It matted and tangled my hair something awful and alot of ladies have posted the same experience, then there are those who love it, I for one won't be using it again. I was thinking about using just a little mixed with my Nexxus conditioner, not sure yet.

I always do one good lather with cream of nature shampoo after the neutralizer shampoo because nothing detangles my hair like it.

I will definately deep condition after I relax it but I'm not sure what I'm going
to use yet because it really depends on how my hair feels and reacts after I relax it. I kind of wait for it to tell me what it needs. :lol: I'll more than likely use NTM deep recovery hair mask and definately NTM silk touch leave in. I did a protein treatment last week to prepare for my re touch.

I got ALOT of samples from the Phyto line when I ordered from beautyofasite this time, shampoos, conditioners, relaxing balm (which after reading the instructions I'm still not sure how to use), leave ins, I may try some of that stuff. It depends.

ichephren

I have fine hair and I used a lye relaxer before correcting with phyto. It turned out fine. If you have fine hair stay away from index 2, index 1 is strong enough, just do a patch test and then relax. I used the neutralizing shampoo that came with the relaxer. I don't use another shampoo after relaxing, but I do follow up with keraphix and then emergencee about 3 days later. After keraphix, I use either elucence or kenra conditioner, though I much prefer elucence. I finish with giovanni direct as a leave in and air dry after relaxing. HTH :)

MonaLisa

NewYorkgyrl said:

• Using since December 31st, 2004, thin/fine hair; Index 2
  • Use neutralizing shampoo with kit
  • Stylist uses some moisturizing poo after neutralizing poo
  • I do use the reconstructor with kit (no problems)
  • Follow up reconstructor with kit with a deep conditioner (Keracare Humector or Salerm WG Mask or a mixed concoction)
  • Love this relaxer, worth the price to me, have no desire to use another. I relax every 12-16 weeks, so the price works itself out.
  • Good luck in whatever relaxer choice you make!:)

NewYorkgyrl

MonaLisa said:
  • Using since December 31st, 2004, thin/fine hair; Index 2
  • Use neutralizing shampoo with kit
  • Stylist uses some moisturizing poo after neutralizing poo
  • I do use the reconstructor with kit (no problems)
  • Follow up reconstructor with kit with a deep conditioner (Keracare Humector or Salerm WG Mask or a mixed concoction)
  • Love this relaxer, worth the price to me, have no desire to use another. I relax every 12-16 weeks, so the price works itself out.
  • Good luck in whatever relaxer choice you make!:)

Thanks for the info!!! Do you bring your own products to your stylist?

I am really thinking about trying this relaxer out. I wasn't sure about using the reconstructor, but I guess to get the best results it is best to use all the steps.

MonaLisa

NewYorkgyrl said:
Thanks for the info!!! Do you bring your own products to your stylist?

I am really thinking about trying this relaxer out. I wasn't sure about using the reconstructor, but I guess to get the best results it is best to use all the steps.

YW.

Yup, I bring my products.:)

I don't relax/touch-up that frequently, so the game plan is just to buy 2/3 boxes at a time from Polly & Company.

I still have a box in my closet for my spring touch-up, so I'll re-order soon for the rest of the year.

Good luck!

NewYorkgyrl

MonaLisa I wanted to send you a PM but the toll bar is not working under your name

I wanted to know which salon do you usually go to in new york and your opinion on them.

JazzyFLPeach

NewYorkgyrl said:

-My hair is somewhere between fine and something else. Not sure what at this point. I've used Phyto Index II since November 19, 2004. It was done as a corrective relaxer by my new stylist following many years of lye by former stylist

-My stylist used lye for years on my hair. She didn't even have any no-lye in her shop. All the no-lye I used in previous years (at home) wreaked havoc on my tresses.

-I use all the products that come with the relaxer. (My stylist does as well). I love the reconstructer. I also follow-up with a Keracare Humecto or Nexxus Humectress as a deep conditioner.

NewYorkgyrl

JazzyFLPeach said:
-My hair is somewhere between fine and something else. Not sure what at this point. I've used Phyto Index II since November 19, 2004. It was done as a corrective relaxer by my new stylist following many years of lye by former stylist

-My stylist used lye for years on my hair. She didn't even have any no-lye in her shop. All the no-lye I used in previous years (at home) wreaked havoc on my tresses.

-I use all the products that come with the relaxer. (My stylist does as well). I love the reconstructer. I also follow-up with a Keracare Humecto or Nexxus Humectress as a deep conditioner.

What do you think would happen if I don't do a corrective on my whole head but just do a touch up with Phyto? I have been using lye relaxers would touching upmy roots with no-lye/phyto cause breakage.

JazzyFLPeach

NewYorkgyrl said:
What do you think would happen if I don't do a corrective on my whole head but just do a touch up with Phyto? I have been using lye relaxers would touching upmy roots with no-lye/phyto cause breakage.
If you believe you need a corrective relaxer, I'd advise going to a professional. When my corrective was done over previously lye-relaxed hair, I had absolutely no problems at all. In fact I loved the results.

HTH