Relaxed Heads- can we wash/co wash everyday???

sharifeh

Hi,

I'm sorry, I guess I can't get over the old wives tales about black hair
i got over the fact that we are actually supposed to wash more often than once every 2 weeks and i can accept that natural heads can wash everyday but i was reading about relaxed people co-washing everyday
can we really wet our hair everyday and not lose it all?
bcuz im almost 9 weeks post and my hair grows so fast (dont worry nothing is retained)
my ng is a jungle and i have this huge knot in the back of my head :wallbash: and i dont want to deal with it unless its wet and being able to cowash everyday would help just a bit...
how many of you do this?

Luscious Locks

I wash and condition about 3-5 times a week and I'm relaxed with hair passed my shoulders. My hair is so much more moisturized, and my breakage has significantly reduced. I don't like cowashing. I've tried it a total of four times and have been disgusted every time. I makes my hair feel waxy, not clean or moisturized.

When I detangly my hair I use my finger and comb only a little bit when I'm out of the show. I'm 10 weeks post and my new growth is strong. I also don't comb my new growth with a comb at all. I just finger comb it and it's happy, not nappy, not dry.

Try it though, it may or may not be for you, and you'll never know until you try.

Good luck

taz007

I don't like cowashing, but your proposition intrigues me. I'll do a wash and condition alternating with a conditioner wash with you. Does that sound good to you?
That sounds good! So co-wash every other day and on alternate days, do a regular wash.

I will start tomorrow morning!

~NanCeBoTwin~

I usually cowash 3-4 x's a week (i'm addicted and my hair loves it), however, my stylist cowashes every morning.....she's relaxed....HTH

Last edited:

Jalen's Mom

I don't like co-washing, but I tried again yesterday. It wasn't too bad except for the fact that I'm 8 weeks post trying to stretch for at least 12 weeks. My hair doesn't like the cheap conditioners (that would be my luck). I used the Super Soft Honey Conditioning Rinse from shescentit.com, and I like how it made my hair feel. Unfortunately, that costs like $8 for the small bottle. I should probably try different conditioners. On another note, I try to wash & condition my hair twice a week. My goal is to try co-washing every other day. I'm not sure when to fit the DCing in. :yep:

Kitkat

I co-wash 3x/week because I do spinning classes 3x/week and my head is completely soaked afterwards. I have thick, slightly-past-shoulder 4a/b hair, and it works for me. The only downside is that when I twist my hair instead of roller-setting, it's not fully dry by morning. Otherwise, no compaints.

LaidBak

I have resisted doing this because it seems like it would take up too much time. I don't use heat to dry my hair (maybe once a month) so I'd have to walk around with a wet head for hours eacxh day. I don't have time for all that. And Im also scared of all that manipulation.

RadiantBeauty

Hi ladies! I think I am gonna give it a try myself AGAIN! Before I cut my hair this month. I had tried HE Long Term Relationship and Suave Humectant but that did not turn out too well for my hair. It was soft, but tangled up a lot.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I currently wash and dc 2-3 times a week

I used to co wash daily and absolutely loved it! You have to play around and find conditioners that work for you. I love Organix conditioners, Tresemme Smooth & Silky and Suave Humectant :yep:

Odd One

i cowash every morning and i'm relaxed(except when i flat iron i wait 2 or 3 days)... when im done i pin it up/bun or something then put on a head band for a few minutes to make it flat

Toy

You can condition wash everyday,I condition wash/deep condition 2 times a week.

Cleve_gryl

I love to cowash, but I will use some poo in the shower and put on a rinse out conditioner every couple days I do it. Having my hair wet everyday feels really good when its hot out.

I either wet bun, do the twist n curl overnight, or a curly wash n go. I'm currently 12 weeks post, so its helping keep the two textures in good shape.

Jalen's Mom

I love to cowash, but I will use some poo in the shower and put on a rinse out conditioner every couple days I do it. Having my hair wet everyday feels really good when its hot out.

I either wet bun, do the twist n curl overnight, or a curly wash n go. I'm currently 12 weeks post, so its helping keep the two textures in good shape.

How do you do your wash n go? Does it come out curly? What do you put in your hair? When you do a wet bun, do you comb your hair? I worry about the amount of manipulation with wet hair.

soulie

I use Wen nearly every day, so I guess I cowash - if you consider Wen cowashing. The only days I don't are when I do an OCT treatment, and on those days I also do my DCs. My hair is thriving. I'm APL and relaxed and 12 weeks post today. My hair is actually so manageable that I'm wondering just how long I can stretch this time....

joytimes10

I love cowashing during the warmer months. it's a great way to stay cool and keep hair moisturized. I will be cowashing every other day and every day in 90+ temps. I'm relaxed and I'm a long term stretcher. So cowashing is not an option, it's a necessity. I am still trying to find my favorite cowash condish, right now Millcreek Jojoba and Giovanni Smooth as Silk are getting the job done.