4b Ladies who CO everyday or every other day

adelineh3

I have a question for those ladies who CO everyday or very often. How the heck do you style your hair everyday. Do you just wash and put it in a bun or what do you do to make your hair look decent after washing. I'm a 4b and I used to CO everyday during the first three weeks after a perm because I could just moisturize and put it in a ponytail to air dry. How do you wash and style everyday once you hit the four week post relaxer mark. Personally I would like to CO wash everyday, but I honestly have no idea how I would have the time to style my hair every morning after washing it. So..... my question, what do you do with your hair after washing everyday, especially when your four weeks or more post relaxer?

I'm 4a and I cowash, honestly after I cowash I put a little conditioner in my hair as a leave-in and pin it back or I use products to give me a curl definition eg. paul mitchell foaming pomade for a wash and go. Nothing too cute, very low-maintenance.

Jewell

I CO wash in the evenings because I found that I was having trouble doing styles in the mornings after washing it. After I get off work at about 5:15 pm I hop in the shower, CO wash, and if I'm home for the evening, I'll do a braidout...or just let it airdry loose most of the time. Sometimes I'll have class and it'll definitely be dry by the time I get home at about 10/10:30 pm.

So, by doing it in the evenings (if I stay home), I am able to let my hair air dry about 60-80% before bed. It works the same way when I do my braid-outs when I get more new growth in. When I get up in the mornings, it is usually completely dry since I sleep with my ceiling fan on high, or if I've been out of the house that night. I just put it in a chignon w/hairsticks or Good Day Hair Pins or I use my claw clip like SimplyCee has in her album to put my hair up. That's it. When I do the braids over night for a braidout, I just undo them, add a little NTM Serum, fluff, and go.

Last edited:

carmella25

I just apply my products put it in a pony tail, do the baggie method and put a wig on. Or I wear a pony tail. I do this for 2 months and then I go into extensions for 2 months

Candycane044

When I co wash my hair, I do something similar to Jewell, I do it right after I get home from work or school which is around 5. I wash my hair, and literally tie it down in the scarf method that sylver2 has. This flattens the new growth so well so that when you take the scarf off it won't be all puffy. Then, in the morning it's all good to go. (Now since using MTG i haven't been washing as frequently, but I apply it after the hair dries before I go to bed)

SouthernGirl

Over the summer I pretty much co-washed each morning. Now I do it at night. After co-washing, I add a bit of leave-in co, then comb it back and tie it with a satin scarf. The back hangs out then I put a satin bonnet over that. When I wake up I have lotsa curls and I put it in ponytail.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I co wash/shampoo/rinse almost daily (except when wearing straight styles). Like Jewell I do it when I come home at night and I know I'm in for the night. I wash/rinse my hair in the shower, add my leave in and bun it, braid it or ponytail it for the night. In the morning I add hair sticks or butterfly clips if its a bun, a cute barrette if its a french braid or a pretty scarf if its a ponytail and out the door I go. The top is always dry enough to go off to work. If I wear a straight style I only wear it for 3-4 days without washing in between but that's rare for me. Now that its about to get cold the protective styes are back in effect 90% of the time.

HTH

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Jewell said:
I CO wash in the evenings because I found that I was having trouble doing styles in the mornings after washing it. After I get off work at about 5:15 pm I hop in the shower, CO wash, and if I'm home for the evening, I'll do a braidout...or just let it airdry loose most of the time. Sometimes I'll have class and it'll definitely be dry by the time I get home at about 10/10:30 pm.

So, by doing it in the evenings (if I stay home), I am able to let my hair air dry about 60-80% before bed. It works the same way when I do my braid-outs when I get more new growth in. When I get up in the mornings, it is usually completely dry since I sleep with my ceiling fan on high, or if I've been out of the house that night. I just put it in a chignon w/hairsticks or Good Day Hair Pins or I use my claw clip like SimplyCee has in her album to put my hair up. That's it. When I do the braids over night for a braidout, I just undo them, add a little NTM Serum, fluff, and go.

OT: Jewell, I found a clip that was tough enough to handle my thick hair and my daughter sat on it and broke it! :ohwell: Don't you know I 've been back to that store I got it from four times and they don't have anymore! :mad: