Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Guinan

Re-Branding
How often can you re-dip kanekalon hair? I curled my ends of my box braids on Saturday, and they're already starting to look ratty, even though I sleep with a satin bonnet. I think I want to straighten them this week.

I redip mines every two weeks, when i had braids

Angelbean

I DC'd yesterday with neutrogena deep recovery mask and I can say my hair has Never felt this soft and silky after air drying the only other DC that gives these types of results is with curl junkie deep treatment

FollicleFanatic

I remembered too late why I don't use gel for my curlformer sets anymore smh. I've already sat under the dryer for an hour, that's all I can take. If this ish ain't dry when I get ready for bed oh well. It's only to stretch for buns for the week.

OT: Why do your curls always behave and be poppin right when you are doing a stretched style?

overtherainbow

I DC'd yesterday with neutrogena deep recovery mask and I can say my hair has Never felt this soft and silky after air drying the only other DC that gives these types of results is with curl junkie deep treatment

Now the product junkie in me is tingling. Especially since that stuff is always on sale at Walgreen's with the rewards card. I've been eyeing that mask forever but didn't know Neutrogena as a haircare brand.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm really loving my blowout. My roots are reverted slightly, but I like the extra volume. I actually missed having relaxed hair for a second today. Yeah I'm over it now

ImanAdero

I think my hair is back to how I like it to be after my trim a few months ago. I installed small twists and they are nice and juicy and have sheen!

Now the takedown will be inter sting because I should know better and twists sometimes mess with my ends...

But hopefully since that trim, I won't have that problem so much anymore!

ImanAdero

Also, in currently taking a HSN vitamin from Target... But I don't really notice growth in my hair... My eyelashes yes, but hair not really.

Thinking about trying out Manetabolism... But I seriously don't want want o pay for it when I can buy the vitamins in it for so much cheaper!

Like seriously, $25 per bottle? When th HSN Vit I just bought was like... $12 at most?!

But I see all these results on Instagram and of course the PJ in me is tempted!

Sholapie

I just did my first twistout on wet hair and I love it, it's now showing more length and it's super defined (which is new for me)
This will save so much time as I don't need to band it first!

Rozlewis

Also, in currently taking a HSN vitamin from Target... But I don't really notice growth in my hair... My eyelashes yes, but hair not really. Thinking about trying out Manetabolism... But I seriously don't want want o pay for it when I can buy the vitamins in it for so much cheaper! Like seriously, $25 per bottle? When th HSN Vit I just bought was like... $12 at most?! But I see all these results on Instagram and of course the PJ in me is tempted!

ImanAdero

I know what you mean. If the HSN is giving you results you get the best of both worlds. I purchased the Manetabolism when they were on sale. I plan to reup on Back Friday.

KiSseS03

I invested in some coarse yaki clip-in extensions and it was the best money that I've spent in a LONG time. I'm transitioning (15 months post), a full-time student, working part-time and really into fitness, and newly single... Maintaining my hair was just becoming way too much for me! I was really self-conscious about wearing extensions for the first 2 days but I have to say they blend really well with my hair; they're about 2 inches longer but so far no one has noticed lol. I love that I'm able to work out and keep my hair looking great!

Spongebob

my right side is much longer than my left. I wonder if I'm rougher on my left side. I don't want unsymmetrical hair, not sure if I wanna cut though

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I think I'll start practicing doing my faux locs today. I hope it turns out well. I plan on putting them in this weekend. I'll probably wash and blow dry my hair tomorrow and then twist on Friday and then loc on Sat.

That's the Plan :)

Guinan

Re-Branding

Last edited:

toaster

For a second I thought about joining a length challenge for next year but I've already changed my mind. I don't even think I'll be in the twist/braids/bun challenge next year. Twist outs and buns are my go to styles, but it's not really a challenge.

I may join the Healthy Ends Challenge (will there be one for 2015 faithVA?) Wearing my hair out more means I need to watch my ends. And I'll be in the shea butter challenge, because I can already tell this is exactly what my hair needs.

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=388763 said:
toaster[/USER];20716447]For a second I thought about joining a length challenge for next year but I've already changed my mind. I don't even think I'll be in the twist/braids/bun challenge next year. Twist outs and buns are my go to styles, but it's not really a challenge.

I may join the Healthy Ends Challenge (will there be one for 2015 faithVA?) Wearing my hair our more means I need to watch my ends. And I'll be in the shea butter challenge, because I can already tell this is exactly what my hair needs.

hmm, I hadn't thought about it. I probably should create something like that. If I do it will be right after Thanksgiving. That's when I create all my challenges.

My ends are better but I need to stay on top of them too.

toaster

hmm, I hadn't thought about it. I probably should create something like that. If I do it will be right after Thanksgiving. That's when I create all my challenges.

After Thanksgiving sounds nice. We can stay on top of our ends together.

greenandchic

I would like to participate in an ends challenge for 2014-2015. I had issues while natural and though things are a bit better, I can use more support.

I was thinking about joining the shea butter challenge since I started using it again but most of the posters there are natural - not sure if I would be welcomed. :spinning:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I'm in the process of using up my Vatika oil. I hate that when I'm ready to use it it is solid ans can't come put of the little hole. I was holding it under hot water to melt it for use but I felt bad about wasting water. I decided to place the bottle in front of the blow dryer on hot- high. Melts it up real good real quick.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I would like to participate in an ends challenge for 2014-2015. I had issues while natural and though things are a bit better, I can use more support.

I was thinking about joining the shea butter challenge since I started using it again but most of the posters there are natural - not sure if I would be welcomed. :spinning:

Gurl you betta join:yep: Even though I'm natural I still go into EVERY thread and will post whatever I feel like posting.

claud-uk

mum: I hope you didn't put the baby's things in the drier, it will make them shrink.

me: No, I put them to airdry.

mum: I told you before never to put them in the drier!

me: (thinking wtf, I just told her already)
I DIDN'T, I put them to airdry. I AIRDRIED them.
(thinking EVERYBODY knows what airdrying is!)
:perplexed.

me: I put them to dry on the clothes rack.

sgold04

Flat ironing my hair today!!!! I'm excited, I haven't straightened my hair since December. I have a lot of ssks but I hope too much doesn't need to be trimmed.