Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

spacetygrss

I've really enjoyed having my hair in twists the last couple of weeks. I'd been wearing my hair in buns and french braids for a few weeks. I washed and Dc'd today. Back to twists I go tomorrow.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Why?

10 characters

I like the ease of wearing my hair straight. Its no fuss no muss. I just unwrap and go in the morning.

I dont think i will relax my whole head. I might just do the edges and flat iron the rest.

Also I just cant find a style i really like right now. Im in a hair rut at the moment.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Why do I keep torturing myself by reading that thread?! Like girl....just hush. Let me take my butt to sleep before I run through there and post a whole bunch of Tracee Ellis Ross pictures.

Last edited:

ms.tatiana

these vitamins for hair, skin, & nails must work because every 2 weeks when I get my nails & toes done, my toe nails are longer and must be cut lol. If only my hair was doing the same lol.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I have finally decided to put faux locks in. I think I'll buy the hair on Friday and start them on Sat. I think I'll also cut my hair again. I want to get rid of the mullet and this one long piece on the side.

Dang you naputal85:lol:

Last edited:

Evolving78

these vitamins for hair, skin, & nails must work because every 2 weeks when I get my nails & toes done, my toe nails are longer and must be cut lol. If only my hair was doing the same lol.
what bits are you taking? That little princess in your avi is just a cupcake!

mz.rae

I really am strongly considering getting a relaxer after taking out these Senegalese twists. Frankly I am to the point where I hate natural hair!!! It's just not for me! I see all these gorgeous twist outs, braid outs, fros, etc and when I try them it ends up being nothing but fails and raggedy ends. At least when I was relaxed hair styles were consistent and I had consistent length retention. I'm to the point where I don't even feel like being bothered with my hair anymore, My natural hair journey is no where near as fun as my relaxed hair journey was.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I really am strongly considering getting a relaxer after taking out these Senegalese twists. Frankly I am to the point where I hate natural hair!!! It's just not for me! I see all these gorgeous twist outs, braid outs, fros, etc and when I try them it ends up being nothing but fails and raggedy ends. At least when I was relaxed hair styles were consistent and I had consistent length retention. I'm to the point where I don't even feel like being bothered with my hair anymore, My natural hair journey is no where near as fun as my relaxed hair journey was.

((HUGS)). Do what makes you happy. I have had fun with both relaxed, texlaxed and now natural. I constantly go back and forth. Hair should be enjoyed and not a chore. If relaxed hair will make you happy, then I say go for it.

If you dont mind me asking, what is it about your natural hair that you dont like?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I hope I can maintain my thick healthy ends for a whole year. It will take a lot of effort on my part, but it is possible

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I must look HAM all other days because ppl are really head over heals for my wig today. Coworker compliments left and right.

mz.rae

((HUGS)). Do what makes you happy. I have had fun with both relaxed, texlaxed and now natural. I constantly go back and forth. Hair should be enjoyed and not a chore. If relaxed hair will make you happy, then I say go for it.

If you dont mind me asking, what is it about your natural hair that you dont like?

Thank you! And it's just everything about it is a chore. I dread wash days, but do them anyway because I don't want my hair to become a matted mess. When I do twist outs they look horrible, braid outs take forever to dry. And those two styles only last a day or two, I try to rebraid/twist but it seem to be too much manipulation. And wash and goes turn out all right, I just don't like the shrinkage and again it only looks good the first day as doing the pineapple doesn't help much. Not to mention my natural hair seems to be way more fragile than my relaxed hair was. I'm just all around frustrated with my hair it's jus not even funny.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
mz.rae sorry you're having problems with your natural hair. If you do decide to relax just make sure your doing it as healthy as possible. Have you tried going to a salon that specializes in natural hair? I know that is what helped me a lot. When I was relaxed I never did my own hair so I went with philosophy that how would I ever be able to handle my natural hair when I never handled my relaxed hair. I feel that if I would have tried to do this with not assistance I would have been setting myself up for failure.

mz.rae

mz.rae sorry you're having problems with your natural hair. If you do decide to relax just make sure your doing it as healthy as possible. Have you tried going to a salon that specializes in natural hair? I know that is what helped me a lot. When I was relaxed I never did my own hair so I went with philosophy that how would I ever be able to handle my natural hair when I never handled my relaxed hair. I feel that if I would have tried to do this with not assistance I would have been setting myself up for failure.

I'm not sure there are any natural hair salons in my area, most salons still cater to relaxed hair still.

Angelbean

So why did I ever stop using neutrogena deep recovery mask??!! That little thing is amazing an my local acne has it for $5 bucks *everyday price* I will be stocking up!!

Mz.MoMo5235

Any threads on braids that's still some what active? I thought the braid/twist/bun challenge would be the spot but thats braids and twists with just your hair.

I wanna chit chat with ladies with braids since I just got mine (after not having braids since I was 15) and I could use care an d styling advice other than YouTube

Sent from my SPH-L300 using LHCF please ignore typos

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
mz.rae have you thought trying one of those smoothing systems. There seems to be several to choose from. Why did you stop relaxing?

mz.rae I use Design Essentials Transitioning Mousse treatment and it has made the difference between me going back to the dark side. Protein helps with definition as well. Maybe a protein treatment will help your sets do what they need to.

mz.rae

mz.rae have you thought trying one of those smoothing systems. There seems to be several to choose from. Why did you stop relaxing?

mz.rae I use Design Essentials Transitioning Mousse treatment and it has made the difference between me going back to the dark side. Protein helps with definition as well. Maybe a protein treatment will help your sets do what they need to.

Thank you! I'm going to have to try those out. Where do you purchase them from? And I stopped relaxing just to switch it up a bit and to see if I could obtain the same length retention results as a natural.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I really need to inventory all my refrigerated hair products and start gifting/selling to make some room for incoming BF/SBS/CM stuff.
I don't want to be faced with my PJism though :lol:

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
My hair is dirty but I need clean hair for Halloween. I'm wondering if curly hair will enhance my catsuit or will straight hair make it ultra sexy.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I really need to inventory all my refrigerated hair products and start gifting/selling to make some room for incoming BF/SBS/CM stuff. I don't want to be faced with my PJism though :lol:
Me too. Problem is my birthday typically falls on the week of Black Friday. This year I told myself I would not act up on BF.... But ummmm depending on the sales I will be getting stuff lol.

OhTall1

How often can you re-dip kanekalon hair? I curled my ends of my box braids on Saturday, and they're already starting to look ratty, even though I sleep with a satin bonnet. I think I want to straighten them this week.

Evolving78

I air dried my hair and no rough dry ends. I guess I will stick to using a serum. Plus, I mixed jojoba oil and jbco on my ends, edges, and crown. I plan on washing again Thursday or Friday.