Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

overtherainbow

Somehow I managed to wash, condition, detangle and set my hair in 18mins. I combined a bunch of Naptural85 techniques and the Anthony Dickey WnG. I just let my twists down and it came out pretty good. It looks like a stretched WnG. Its not as polished as a twistout, but its still nice. I'll try it again next week and if its a success, I'll detail everything in a post.

MsCarmenP

My little Dominican lady has magical hands. She just gave me the best shampoo/scalp massage ever!! Now Im under the steamer with some Keracare Humecto. I hope it gives my hair lots of slip (fingers crossed)

Prettymetty Don't those scalp massages be the best! If I had the money to waste, I'd go get my hair shampooed every week just for the wonderful scalp massage. :look:

Lilmama1011

I tried suave clarifying shampoo and it is my new staple clarifying shampoo. I love how it is $1!

PlainJane are you relaxed or natural. I have heard great things I think from sister with real hair. But I'm scared of shampoos and tangling. That's why I just stick with clarifying conditioners with no cobes6

PlainJane

PlainJane are you relaxed or natural. I have heard great things I think from sister with real hair. But I'm scared of shampoos and tangling. That's why I just stick with clarifying conditioners with no cobes6
I'm 10 months post. I don't move my hair around a lot when I clarify so I didn't experience any tangles. What clarifying conditioner do you use? Does it remove buildup?

Lilmama1011

I'm 10 months post. I don't move my hair around a lot when I clarify so I didn't experience any tangles. What clarifying conditioner do you use? Does it remove buildup?

Avalon organics. I was doing a trial test of just using that and then shampooing with c.o.n argan oil shampoo after. It was fine. But I got it at a discount and the original price is 10 something, and I really don't want to pay 11 dollars for that bottle

Lilmama1011

Just got a facial, laying on the cotton towel had my hair looking dry like cotton. I came home and started immediately moisturizing and sealing lol.

Lilmama1011

My hair is seriously way stronger and sheds less since the treatment. I'm doing a protein deep conditioner to as well and alternating hard protein with strictly moisture every week and see how that goes

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I hope they are giving Victoria on YouTube a few pennies on Amazon considering that they are now selling Kanechom and silicon mix as a package deal.

JaneBond007

Going to use 3% pharmacy peroxide on my hair to remove this demi-permanent black color. I just am tired of it. Anybody have experience doing this?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Going to use 3% pharmacy peroxide on my hair to remove this demi-permanent black color. I just am tired of it. Anybody have experience doing this?

No. But clay just recently removed all my indigo and some of the henna. A years worth if indigo and about as much henna down the drain :ohwell:. Totally unintentional trying to do the mhm.

Might wanna try clay masks a few days.... no damage to my fine strands either.

Holla

I don't know what to call it but I snapped. We were in the supermarket when I remembered that I needed to clarify so I went to get a bottle of VO5 clarifying poo. The minute I heard, "But don't you already have bottles.....", I snapped! In the aftermath, I felt a teeny bit bad lol.

Being a product junkie ain't easy.

Holla

It feels weird being a member of this forum with short hair now and absolutely no desire to grow it out again. :lol:

Years ago when I first joined this forum (like '08), I remember seeing tons of pics of women with hair wayyyyyy down their backs. It seemed like everyone was on the journey to BSL and beyond. So I jumped on it too and made it to BSL. Now, I don't see as many pics of hair checks in siggies, profile pics, etc. This board has changed. I am natchal now and don't feel the similar motivation to grow my hair to any long lengths. This board has changed and it probably contributes to those feelings. :yep:

Bun Mistress

I cut my hair the year before last from hl. I wasn't planning on growing it back a second time. I'm changing my mind now and will likely go it at least mbl or wl. But I'm not as vocal about my progress this time around.

sunnieb

Interesting thoughts.

I still post pics, just not length check pics like when I first joined.

I do remember seeing length checks in almost every siggy back then. I was one of them.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I am debating on being a heat straightened natural again or doing the "temporary" Brazilian relaxer (not a bkt) I am gonna flat iron today