THREAD for no reason - Random Hair Thoughts Here

RosesBlack

Another one. Why is it all day I've been seeing those GORGEOUS black women who are nearly bald and I want to shave my head again just because I think it's cute?

I kinda miss having a fade. But then again as cold as it's been this winter I'd have probably frozen any little naps I had right off.

But AH....so many cute short haircuts.

soulfusion

cutiebe2 said:
when I sit down in a leathr chair and get up, you can see the grease mark where my hair was...anyone know how to fix that (I am wearing braids right now)???

I carry a big towel around at the gym for the same reason :look: . Sometimes my trainer (white guy) looks at me like :confused: because I always put it down wherever my head is gonna be. My random hair thought is: I always wonder if he thinks that I think his equipment is nasty? :lachen:

dynamic1

soulfusion said:
I carry a big towel around at the gym for the same reason :look: . Sometimes my trainer (white guy) looks at me like :confused: because I always put it down wherever my head is gonna be. My random hair thought is: I always wonder if he thinks that I think his equipment is nasty? :lachen:

But it is nasty. Just think of all the people that don't bring a towel, sweat on it and don't wipe it off. I've seen them do it, yuck! That includes their sweaty heads. I think, its very courteous on your part (and mine).

KiniKakes

I hope i can find somebody to take my Progress Pics come April. *sigh* Its always a challenge finding someone who is available and also patient enough to deal with me and my anal self. :ohwell:

I wish i had gotten the Pibbs Kwik dryer i asked for for Xmas. I dont wanna spend that $250 myself. :perplexed Then again, who am i kidding...... i know im way too lazy to do my own rollersets, esp. when the Dominicans down the street are only $15. But at least i could do DCs at home.

I want WL hair already..... tired of this waiting game! :look: I just wanna KNOW that i can do it.... that my hair is capable of reaching WL. I will be sooo happy, man! ;)

dynamic1

Okay random thoughts.....

1. It's not safe to go into Ulta anymore. The stylist chase you around looking for business and offer you unsolicited advice. Umm, I have a hat on or my hair in a bun. "Back off lady, you have no idea what's going on under here". This has happened to me in multiple locations/cities.

2. Why does my friend bother the crap out of me about my hair? Keep your stereotypes, misconceptions and ignorance to yourself!

3. Why does my hair curl up and clump when I want to wear it in a fluffy, floppy fro? But when I want to wear a curly wash and go it wants to fluff and fro.

angellazette

I use two product lines
Blended Beauty and Oyin
well Elucence conditioner as well
I'm about to try out using coconut oil and Elucence as a styling aid and that's it and continue using my henna and amla powder.

I still plan to use my Blended Beauty to poo but I'm going to stop using the Happy Nappy Styles cream as well as Oyin's Whipped Pudding, Honey Hemp Conditioner, and Burnt Sugar Pomade.

I'm going to give this a go for about a month and see if I can get the same (or better) results.

prettypuff1

I have A TON of new growth in my hair.. I almost have the urge to relax and i am only 6 weeks post.. I have never wanted a relaxer this soon.. GO MTG GO!!!!

CAPlush

I need 2 hair passes for the Hide Your Hair Challenge. I have a networking lunch with a millionaire lawyer type, and a girl's night out planned. I don't know which to use my pass for. I'm also thinking of cutting my stretch short at 8 weeks because of underprocessed hair (on the left side only, weird). I'm not even 4 weeks post and I have what feels like 1.5" of new growth on that side. I would like to start fresh if I'm really going to do a good stretch, and I really think that 8 weeks is a good stretch, just not the nice 10 weeks I did before.

JustKiya

preciousjewel76 said:
See, that's the problem right there. Too many black women are worried about their hair "looking good" and don't think twice about having healthy hair. "Looking good" to them can mean a bright orange weave, and you can bet they don't take care of the hair underneath.:ohwell:

But... but... it ain't your hair! And since when doe thin ratty ends = looking good? I mean damn - is it just an ASSUMPTION that unless you buy it, if you black, you have thin, scrappy, straggly, dry broke off looking hair? And how sad is that?

Also..... tonight is my moisturizing night, and I swear, I can feel my scalp calling for some moisture....

*sigh* Hair.

PrincessDiva

I am NEVER stretching 20 weeks again . My hair is a matted & tangled mess. I think 10 weeks is going to be my limit. I'm losing way to much hair stretching this long so its really counter productive for me :ohwell:

Last edited:

J 3 a n i O u s

stacy said:
J3aniOus, my mom used the vinegar to clean the scalp and wipe down each section of hair.

Thanks. Very Interesting ...

I went into Duane Reade today and they were having a sale on Garnier products. 3/$10! Plus the 3 minute fortifying deep conditioner was on CLEARANCE for $2.99, so was the Dove Sheer Moisture Leave-In Mist for $3.95. Now I was wondering .. the Dove product is kinda new right? So why would it be on clearance?? I was thingking, "Should I stock up, or should I not? Stock up, or not??" I was my first time using it so I just bought one. After using it today though, I think I'mma have to go back tomorrow and get the last two bottles left, if they're still there.

Lotus

How many times a day am I going to have to pluck! :( I hope this viviscal is growing hair on my head, just as fast as it's growing the hair on my chin.:ohwell:

Am I really stretchin' or just being lazy? First it was Oct to Dec, then Oct to Jan, then Oct to Mar.... Now, May is looking really good. I'm going to be soo fro-fabulous.

I wonder what I'd look like with a fro. If I were fro'd I'd want a big Angela Davis one... putting it in ya' face :D

I think my hair likes cones, but there not good for the hair right? I wonder if there are 'safe' cones. I need to do a search.

Why is it that I catch people looking at my hair instead of my face when they talk to me. Do they actually think I can't feel them burning a whole in my head.

I love coconut oil.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Why does it feel like I have TONS of new growth after a 9 week stretch and when I get a touch up and I ask my stylist how much new growth do I have and he says "a quarter inch."

I'm like :eek: ! "That's all?!"

He saw me looking all depressed and he says "Be happy with the quarter inch!" :lol:

Gosh my hair grows slow...

I know my official hair journey only started in November and it's almost February, but DANG! I really thought that with all the SURGE and WGHO and the MSM and the water and the cowashing and the deep conditioning that I would have at least 1/2"! Shoot... :perplexed

I'm blessed though! :)

Dee-Licious

I just had to wake up 2 hours early to wash my hair because I put prepoo on then became to lazy to wash it... Sigh... I'm under the dryer now...

shunta

LocksOfLuV said:
OMG, sometimes I think like that. The 'long' haired girls at my school be thinking they are hurting the rest of the girls because they are SL. Puhlease! I want someone to come on here and see Sistaslick, SimplyCee, Sylver2 and other LHCFers (with hair shorter or longer) and show them how WE at LHCF really do it!
OH KAYYYY!!

LocksOfLuV

KiniKakes said:
I hope i can find somebody to take my Progress Pics come April. *sigh* Its always a challenge finding someone who is available and also patient enough to deal with me and my anal self. :ohwell:

I wish i had gotten the Pibbs Kwik dryer i asked for for Xmas. I dont wanna spend that $250 myself. :perplexed Then again, who am i kidding...... i know im way too lazy to do my own rollersets, esp. when the Dominicans down the street are only $15. But at least i could do DCs at home.

I want WL hair already..... tired of this waiting game! :look: I just wanna KNOW that i can do it.... that my hair is capable of reaching WL. I will be sooo happy, man! ;)

Maybe you can get the Pibbs for you B-day!:D I know you can do WSL. You are like inches away!:eek:

Hidden_Angel

I'm missing my MSM... I want a a bottle of them.. was helping my hair/skin/and nails grow out like crazy.. now they dont even budge

The Girl

dynamic1 said:
But it is nasty. Just think of all the people that don't bring a towel, sweat on it and don't wipe it off. I've seen them do it, yuck! That includes their sweaty heads. I think, its very courteous on your part (and mine).
Girl they have the antibacterial wipes at my gym and I am constantly wiping before and after I exit the machine. I got ringworm from the gym before and felt like such a slime ball

Hidden_Angel

JustMeSteph said:
Girl they have the antibacterial wipes at my gym and I am constantly wiping before and after I exit the machine. I got ringworm from the gym before and felt like such a slime ball

:eek: wow.. now that sucks! I always wipe.. just nasty if you don't those people be sweating and I'm like..eww goodnesss please wipe..

preciousjewel76

JustMeSteph said:

Ewwwwwwwwww! No wonder I prefer to workout at home. People at gyms can be so gross. At least at home, I don't have to worry about wearing flip-flops in the shower.....:lol:

Hair thought of the day:

I really, really need to cut down on the amount of stuff I put in my hair. I'm so heavy handed, especially when it comes to coconut oil. If I could narrow it down to one daily moisturizer and one sealing oil, I'd be happy. BUT NO! I use 2 different moisturizers (one at night, one in the AM) and I rotate 3 different oils! Sigh. If I didn't cowash mid-week, my hair would be totally gunkified.:perplexed

Wishin4BSL

I suppose it's about time that I added to this thread. I loved the Giovanni direct leave-in and I'm now positive that I'm going to replace my beloved NTM leave-in with this. I will make this my new staple and know that I am now going au natural as far as my products since I finally found something that works.

I also have the Giovanni shampoo and conditioner, but they are both at my mom's house, so I have to wait until after I get my braids taken out to use it.

I'm getting my plaits on Friday and I can't wait! I miss them!

My scalp itches! Too much build-up! That's what I get for using cones, but hopefully that won't be a problem anymore with Giovanni!

lana

Why do I keep sweating my hair out at night. I just started wearing a satin bonnet and now my hair sweats out like I'm running a friggin marathon instead of just dreaming! What in the world? I woke up this morning looking like a crack head! I'm not kidding - my hair was matted and wet! Ugh!

I have never had night sweats before now. Oh my goodness - how gross.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
lana said:
Why do I keep sweating my hair out at night. I just started wearing a satin bonnet and now my hair sweats out like I'm running a friggin marathon instead of just dreaming! What in the world? I woke up this morning looking like a crack head! I'm not kidding - my hair was matted and wet! Ugh!

I have never had night sweats before now. Oh my goodness - how gross.

Oh, just wait until you begin the road to menopause! Ooh wee! Night sweats ain't no joke! :( I get them along with the hot flashes during the day!

Wishin4BSL

Can you use Aphogee (the hard core one) without a hooded dryer? If so, how do you do it? And is Emergencee just as good? Should I just use my ORS Mayo? I need protein people!!!!

deltagyrl

I'm wondering why I'm so excited about getting home and putting henna in my hair. I'm really like a little kid at Christmas.:p

crlsweetie912

prettypuff1 said:
i am 22 and i am getting serious night sweats and hot flashes....

Pretty puff are you on Birth control by any chance? This happened to me when I was on BC for a long period of time.