Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
@Plushottie That is so sweet of you to say :love: I don't know how much standing I'd be doing, I might have to do sit-down comedy. Ya girl be TIREDT sometimes. Besides I don't like being the center of attention lol Y'all can get my jokes for free :rofl:

Why is grace a harsh thing for you? Do you feel like you don't deserve it?

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
@Plushottie That is so sweet of you to say :love: I don't know how much standing I'd be doing, I might have to do sit-down comedy. Ya girl be TIREDT sometimes. Besides I don't like being the center of attention lol Y'all can get my jokes for free :rofl:

Why is grace a harsh thing for you? Do you feel like you don't deserve it?
You could do a in the bed in bonnet standup and that would throw down.

Grace in theory intellectually makes sense. In application I feel like I should be able to do no matter what odds.

Ok so off topic I went thrifting today and 2 hrs later came out with some hits and I’m just like these pieces must have stayed hidden for me to get. They have a bss next door that makes me want to ride out there tomorrow to just look.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
@Plushottie I probably could do that with the bonnet :lol: I'm better either one on one, or in a small group gathering tee hee hee
Speaking of bonnet, I have been slowly taking these braids down. I've been looking crazy, but I cannot bring myself to wear a bonnet outside.
My head is sore in the middle and i don't know why. It wasn't sore at first. Maybe because it hasn't been touched in a while.

ahh, there's the disconnect. The fork in the road between intellectualizing things and practical application. Why do you push yourself so hard? Do you feel as though you've "fallen behind" in life and you're struggling to catch up? Who are you in competition with?

I love that for you :love: Thrifting is so fun, especially when you find hidden gems. I love thrifting, but right now I just have too many clothes. And other stuff lol. I don't even go in to browse cause I'd be tempted lol I hate washing clothes, but I love the process of clean clothes.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
@Plushottie I probably could do that with the bonnet :lol: I'm better either one on one, or in a small group gathering tee hee hee
Speaking of bonnet, I have been slowly taking these braids down. I've been looking crazy, but I cannot bring myself to wear a bonnet outside.
My head is sore in the middle and i don't know why. It wasn't sore at first. Maybe because it hasn't been touched in a while.

ahh, there's the disconnect. The fork in the road between intellectualizing things and practical application. Why do you push yourself so hard? Do you feel as though you've "fallen behind" in life and you're struggling to catch up? Who are you in competition with?

I love that for you :love: Thrifting is so fun, especially when you find hidden gems. I love thrifting, but right now I just have too many clothes. And other stuff lol. I don't even go in to browse cause I'd be tempted lol I hate washing clothes, but I love the process of clean clothes.
You know you made me have to contemplate while I went back to that thrift store I went to yesterday a dress I opted to not get stayed on my mind and was on sale when I got there today. She was meant for me.
I see grace for me as weakness and I know that shouldn’t be the case but I don’t know any other way and when I try to be understanding this is only towards self I feel it’s a cop out. Yet intellectually I get all the factors and how those compound and if it were anyone else I would be astonished that the worse they have is being over weight w a eating disorder but when it’s me to me I’m just kind hmm ok your background is trash you still need to be as close to perfection as possible or be ok with mediocrity.
I’m working on trying to go beyond this thought process because it’s not helpful.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I slept so bad this weekend and it shows. My next appointment is Thursday afternoon, so I gotta figure out what to do to my hair for the beginning of the week.

CoiledOrchids

sitting under the steamer with NG cinnamon & marshmallow protein free DC.

then I blow dried in sections before I trimmed my hair.

I figured out i needed a trim after struggling to detangle. my ends were horrible but they are in much better condition now after the trim.

I'm gonna trim it myself from now on since I'm not gonna wear my hair straight anymore.

I'm going back to my simple regimen and my braids. I want to minimize time spent on my hair.

Last edited:

shasha8685

I want to try that silk press line from The Doux.
......but I'm also currently mad that I have to wash my hair like 6 times to get my curl pattern back after the last time I straightened by hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This has been one raggedy week. My roots are sweated out and I missed my salon appointment. I won’t be able to get in until next weekend. Yikes. Thank God I ordered a wig from Nadula!

Lylddlebit

So I ordered both the H2Pro Legend flat iron with the black plates and the one with the white plates yesterday (2/15), during the Valentine's Day sale that was extended through 2/15. I was surprised when my package was delivered just before 9:30 am this morning (2/16). When I opened the box I noticed a bunch of stuff that I didn't order in it. I didn't really have time to look at everything I received until this evening(2/16). As I began looking through the box, I noticed I was missing the clarifying shampoo and the thermal protectant they advertised when I bought the bundle/deal. Each flat iron was supposed to come with 1 clarifying shampoo, 1 Healing Shine Butter 1 Thermal Protectant, and 1 Healing Marula Rescue Mask so I could get 8 free styling products. My delivery had both flat irons I ordered, 3 Healing Shine butters, 1 Rescue Mask, and a ton of other stuff for free that more than made up for the items that were missing. I like what I received more than what I was expecting.

Here is what I got for free by purchasing the flat irons:
  1. 1 Full-size leave-in (replaced the missing clarifying shampoo of the same size)
  2. 1 Full-size co-wash (replaced the missing clarifying shampoo of the same size)
  3. 1 Full-size blowout spray (replaced missing thermal protectant spray)
  4. 1 Full-size Marula Oil spray (replaced Marula Mask)
  5. 3 Healing Butter Shine (instead of 4)
  6. 1 Marula Biotin Oil Serum (replaced the missing thermal protectant spray)
  7. 1 Full-size Argan Repair Mask(instead of 2)
  8. 1 Marula Essential Oil(more like a serum) (replace the Healing Butter shine)
  9. 1 Jojoba Essential Oil serum (more like a serum)
  10. 1 rat tail carbon comb
  11. 1 multipurpose carbon comb
  12. 2, 6-packs of Flexi Rods
  13. 6-Pack of Alligator clips
  14. 10 Sample Packs of Shampoo
  15. 10 Sample packs of conditioner
This was unexpected but I am pretty happy with the replacements. I got more products than I was planning for. The substitutes were good ones(given that the products work well once I get around to trying them). I do expect to love what I received once I try it. I'm happy about this purchase. I got all this for less than 500 bucks and I remember when one of the Legend flat irons cost more than that all by itself. The flat irons were also marked down to $240 during the sale. Some sites have them as low as $200 for each one right now, but with the free stuff,(+ no tax and no shipping costs) I wanted this deal more.

Last edited:

vevster

I’m trying the line OurX. I do a full wash on Monday, but I tried the scalp purifying solution It stopped the itching in its tracks. Great potentially for people who work out.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'm washing my hair this weekend. Im so excited. Its been 4-5 weeks i think.

I hope this MSM/Biotin mix has been doing my cut hair some good baby

vevster

I’m still loving the scalp purifying solution from OurX. It’s great because I workout and it soothes the mid week scalp itchies. It comes with a refillable nozzle bottle.

Last edited:

vevster

I did a quickie wash today with my Sienna Naturals samples. The shampoo, derangler and dew mist leave in.

The shampoo definitely left my hair feeling dry, the detangler fixed that and the leave in further moisturized. I used the mixed chicks mousse to slick my hair back.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Washed my hair this weekend.
Used Wonder Crown Scalp Foaming Pre cleanse, followed by Inner sense Scalp Detox, Hydrating Cream Bath and Conditioner, leave in SSI Cranberry cocktail, used my revair to blow dry, then paddle brush. Added a little QB AOHC and Negebandas butter ,braided up.

This morning, I ran some Coffee Clove and Cinnamon hair butter on my scalp, and spritz'd with As Iam Rosemary water.