Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Sitting under the steamer after idk how long and it feels so nice. I’m trying to pare down my stash and trashed some stuff today as my hair had no slip after washing. It feels good to experience products younger me wanted and see it was not it.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Anyone still use clear rinses/clear gloss rinses for shiny hair? If so, which brands do you use and notice good results from?

Many of the products from the older threads are discontinued, so thought I would ask here.
It’s been a while, but I’ve used Adore, Jazzing and Beautiful Collections. I want to try the Ion Semi permanent clear glaze. It’s available online or at Sally’s.

BeautifulRoots

It’s been a while, but I’ve used Adore, Jazzing and Beautiful Collections. I want to try the Ion Semi permanent clear glaze. It’s available online or at Sally’s.
Thank you, good to know! Out of curiosity, which one (of those that you've tried) gave you the most shine?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Here I go again :lachen:

I'm tired of wearing this headwrap, I don't want to straighten my hair, and I don't want braids or twists. I do want to keep the hair on my head, but I don't actually want to wear a wig. I was thinking about crochet braids, but that would actually require me to cornrow AND crochet my hair.

Don't mind me y'all :rofl::abducted:

ItsMeLilLucky

I'm tired of wearing this headwrap, I don't want to straighten my hair, and I don't want braids or twists. I do want to keep the hair on my head, but I don't actually want to wear a wig. I was thinking about crochet braids, but that would actually require me to cornrow AND crochet my hair.

I'm just gonna wash my hair and see where we go from there.

MzSwift

You could do the lazy girl crochet method which doesn't require cornrows!

MzSwift

OooOooh *leans forward* tell me more.

I always share this same old video but it's saved in my YT favs for inspiration and it's so simple to follow.
Just plait your hair any way you like. Then cover w a weaving cap, no need to sew the braids down. And then attach the hair through the weaving cap AND your hair. I've done this both with a part like her and with a full head, no part. And you can use any curly hair you want! I've even done it with mambo twists!

The last time I did it, I pretty much just made it a headband wig. I used really kinky curly hair starting back 1-2 inches from my front hairline and wore a yoga headband with it the whole time. It was so easy and I rocked it for about 3 weeks. Wake up and fluff. And the entire install usually only takes me about 1-2 hours! I'm thinking of doing it again and just making a water mix in an applicator bottle for my scalp daily.

ItsMeLilLucky

@MzSwift Aww Swifty, you are a peach! :kiss:
I totally forgot about this, and my hair was already halfway cornrowed from when I took down my mini/micro braids :lol: I just cornrowed the top because it was in smaller Celie plaits, that wasn't even braided all the way lol. It kinda looked like locsNow I gotta see if I have any hair left or if I gave it all away :rofl::abducted:Hair needs to be washed too, but you bet your bibbity I'm washing it in the cornrows.

ItsMeLilLucky

See, I talked all that mess about not wanting to wear a wig, and here I am, buying two of them. This why I say to not pay attention to me sometimes :lachen:

I bought one half wig, that I don't know the name of cause I wore it out the store after the lady cut the tags off for me and threw it away.

ItsMeLilLucky

See, I talked all that mess about not wanting to wear a wig, and here I am, buying two of them. This why I say to not pay attention to me sometimes :lachen:

I bought one half wig, that I don't know the name of cause I wore it out the store after the lady cut the tags off for me and threw it away.
And the other one is a full wig with natural texture. Sort of reminds me of Michelle Obama.

PatDM'T

Last edited:

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Me and these wigs ups is going to start being annoyed with me because 2 different orders from 2 spots but finding the ideal hair for southern summers is critical esp since I need to start back going into the world.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Debating if I wanna re-up on Qhemet MSM/Biotin mix or just buy MSM and Vitamin C myself.

I’m on my second jar of which is around month two of usage. I plan on buying one more jar to make it three months of using before I decide.

I can tell my bang has grown though