Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Evolving78

Me too lol, in my defense my body just fights me when I try to go non-stop.
Yeah I can’t do marathon sessions anymore. I’m taking a break again! This is why I just didn’t bother much with my hair and would just cut it off. I know heat training is a process and my hair will take time to get used to all of this. But I can’t spend an entire day on my hair.

Evolving78

What is the purpose of Olaplex? I forgot… I know it’s for bonding. I need to read the thread.. I’m not trying to be a product junkie. I got products and some new tools because I’m serious about heat training.
Oh I got a tool to clean my brushes..

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I've been fighting it in all areas of my life, but I realize I have to minimize...stuff. I can't think when I have too many options of things. This is a true depiction of analysis paralysis and my brains relationship: :catfight::hammer::spank::swordfight::scratchchin::dead::abducted:

Like yes, I love the idea of options, but the follow through be tew mursh. This is a main reason why I've started paring down my hair products, hair-styles, accessories, and tools. It was stressing me out :rofl:

I'm working on it in other areas, but sometimes I bite off more than I can chew.

Self,
It's okay to rotate when you're tired of stuff. You don't have to have and do all the things all at once. Don't let the spirit of lust take control of you.

ItsMeLilLucky

I'm thinking about using heat more often and just wear my hair in a braid or bun. As much as I love the mini braids, they take so long to put in for me. I might just save the mini braids for the hotter weather. Also I need to find someone new for my silk presses.

Evolving78

I'm thinking about using heat more often and just wear my hair in a braid or bun. As much as I love the mini braids, they take so long to put in for me. I might just save the mini braids for the hotter weather. Also I need to find someone new for my silk presses.
This heat training or straightening my hair is no joke and extremely time consuming.

MzSwift

If you don't want to do it yourself, is there a beauty school nearby that could do a press and curl, or whatever it's called these days? LOL

ETA: That's also why I've been favoring cornrows.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
If I buy biotin powder and msm, it will cost $28.00 16oz together but I’d have to buy vitamin c too. Unless I can find a msm blend that includes it.

Qhems mix is $39.00, non subscription. 8.5 oz.

Now , Qhems mixture does have additional things added in. Vitamin C(400g) D( 50 mcg) and K(45 mcg) and 70mg of Bamboo.

CoiledOrchids

not sure if i want to do braids this summer. I might take my braids down after mother's day and give my hair a break for a while until I figure out what to do with all this hair.

I gotta be more frugal regarding haircare and learn how to do more styles outside of a basic twistout; braidout; and bun

ItsMeLilLucky

Anybody heard of a cold wax treatment for hair? I was googling something and came across this.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My shrinkage is so bad right now and I know washing would make it easier to manage. I could do a light blow dry as well. Maybe after my errands.