Question about Castor Oil

tiffjust2002

So I started trying Castor Oil on my DD scalp, the front, sides and back and I used the regular drug store kind (3 tablespoons with 1 tablespoon of EVOO) mixed together in a bow. Now I used EVOO alone her hair before just fine. But for some reason it seems like the mixture of the two or I think the Castor Oil is making her hair coarse and it doesn't seem to be absoring well it seems like it just sit on head.

What do you think the problem is?

Is Castor Oil maybe just not for her you think?

faithVA

I have to cut castor oil with a thinner oil then EVOO. I use Sunflower oil. It may be that both of the oils together are too heavy. Even though EVOO is thinner than castor oil, her hair may want it even thinner.

You can try doing 50/50 or using a different oil with the castor oil.

camilla

idk i have used it and i Does thicken the hair i only use it on wash/co wash days on my scalp only then olive oil after is it pure castor oil ? food grade?

tiffjust2002

I have to cut castor oil with a thinner oil then EVOO. I use Sunflower oil. It may be that both of the oils together are too heavy. Even though EVOO is thinner than castor oil, her hair may want it even thinner.

You can try doing 50/50 or using a different oil with the castor oil.

Oh I see, I wil first try to add 2 more tablespoons of the EVOO to make it thinner and see if that works. If not then I switch out and try avocado oil. If that doesn't work then I give up geesh :ohwell:

faithVA

Oh I see, I wil first try to add 2 more tablespoons of the EVOO to make it thinner and see if that works. If not then I switch out and try avocado oil. If that doesn't work then I give up geesh :ohwell:

Yeah try adding more EVOO. I wouldn't do avocado oil. It is way too heavy. It's not a light oil at oil. Grapeseed oil is light.

Or you can just put the castor oil on her scalp and use the EVOO or Avocado oil on her hair.

tiffjust2002

Yeah try adding more EVOO. I wouldn't do avocado oil. It is way too heavy. It's not a light oil at oil. Grapeseed oil is light.

Or you can just put the castor oil on her scalp and use the EVOO or Avocado oil on her hair.

Really????? I thought avocado oil was light LOL hmmm I am so cheap and grapeseed oil is so expensive. I'll have to check around and see what's the cheapest of the lighter oils. Thanks for your tips!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
^I have a friend that cuts with canola oil. It works for her and does double duty in the house. :lol:

Really????? I thought avocado oil was light LOL hmmm I am so cheap and grapeseed oil is so expensive. I'll have to check around and see what's the cheapest of the lighter oils. Thanks for your tips!

Try the dollar store or a bodega in you have them in your area. I cut my castor oil with grapeseed oil if I am using it on my scalp.

Charla

if you have a sams club near by they have grape seed oil for about 10 dollars for a big bottle

Sent from my HTC_A510c using HTC_A510c

tiffjust2002

if you have a sams club near by they have grape seed oil for about 10 dollars for a big bottle

Sent from my HTC_A510c using HTC_A510c

ooooo I do! I'm going to have to check it out, cause in the regular grocery store it's like $6-$7 for a little bottle :ohwell:

southerncitygirl

tiffjust2002
traders joes also has grapeseed oil for cheap if theres one in your area. other oils i suggest are:
meadowfoam
kukui
argan
marula
moringa
sesame

i agree with the ladies that the mixture may be too thick. crisco is also an option to consider as well.

trendsetta25

I was going to also suggest just using the castor oil on the scalp (not too much) and using a lighter oil in her hair. I love coconut oil or grapeseed oil.

When I put castor oil in my hair I use a little bit and massage it into the scalp. One extra thing I like to add with my JBCO is peppermint oil. That tingling sensation is like biting into a peppermint party. Lol