Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

MizzBrown

Is $400 a year too much to spend on Lush?? Hmmm

LUSH IS expensive though so I can easily see how one can spend that much. I think I spent that much thinking back in the last year, trying to stock up cause there is no LUSH store near me.

If you use the products daily, you can justify it. :look:

You spend that all on just you or the whole family?

Charz

Sinister Minister
LUSH IS expensive though so I can easily see how one can spend that much. I think I spent that much thinking back in the last year, trying to stock up cause there is no LUSH store near me.

If you use the products daily, you can justify it. :look:

You spend that all on just you or the whole family?

It's on me and my FH. We both use the soaps, face products (daily) and bath bombs. I use the lotions, shower smoothies and body butters.

Girl order from the UK. I live near 4 stores, and only set foot in them when there is a sale!

Heck naw!!! But then again you have to take into account who is saying this :look:

Lol! Are you still diggin dark angels?

MizzBrown

^^What's the difference between ordering from the UK website versus US? I gotta do all that conversion mess? What about shipping?

Charz

Sinister Minister
^^What's the difference between ordering from the UK website versus US? I gotta do all that conversion mess? What about shipping?

30-40% cheaper. If you keep your order under 2 kilo's shipping is only 7.95 pounds which is like 11-13 bucks which is around the amount it costs to ship from the US anyway. Shipping is faster too sadly enough. And some bath bombs and bubble bars are more vibrant and bigger.

For example, Gorgeous the overpriced moisturizer is 85 bucks here in the US. In the UK it's 55 bucks give or take with the exchange rate. It's 20 bucks cheaper.

Lotions, Face moisturizers and products like ocean salt and mask of magnaminty are considerably cheaper. Bath bombs and other cheaper products not so much.

Last edited:

rosalindb

On the U1B1 Challenge that I gatecrashed :look:, I promised to give a review of the Anita Grant samples so just coming out from lurkdom to give you an update of what I have used so far.

Hair
I continued to use the sapote and castor hair oil on the ends of my hair for 3 weeks as I got my hair recornrowed last Sunday. It did leave the ends moisturised and soft but I am very light handed when it comes to oils and I probably should have used more as we are currently having the worst winter in the UK in my living memory :nono:. I only used half of the 15ml sample, so I will use the remainder in the summer to see how it works for me then.

Since last sunday, I have been using the virgin coconut and castor oil sample and I have been conciously applying more than I would normally would in order to take care of my ends in this weather and my ends feel much more moisturised and soft. I will continue using this for 3 to 4 weeks until I get my hair redone and I will probably use the full sample by this time and give a final review then.

Face
I continued to use the rose and sandalwood facial oil morning and night for 4 weeks and it is lovely. Due to weather, my face felt a little dry so the last week, I applied more rosewater than I usually would before I applied my facial oil. I had my facial this morning and the lady said that my skin did not look as congested and when she did my extractions she said “Rosalind, I can't see any blackheads. Seriously where are your blackheads, your skin looks really good" :) I still have about half the bottle left so I will save the rest for the summer to see how it works for my skin then.

From today I am testing the Organic Carrot & Wheat Germ Cleansing Oil and will use this until I have my next facial. I took it to my facial today so the lady could do an initial assessment. She applied it to my face and massaged it in and it felt lovely going on. She then proceeded to use a warm cloth to wipe it off. She was quite dubious and did not think it would be good but she then said, ooh your face feels really clean and soft. I will use it tonight and then each evenings until my next facial so the lady can also assess my face and I therefore get a true idea as to how it works for me and will post a final review. Only downside was she did not like the smell of it but I was not particularly bothered by it

This was my original post
I tried some of the Anita Grant samples today. Yesterday I clarified with Bentonite clay and deep conditioned with Aubrey Organics White Camellia and left to airdry overnight. This morning I used the sapote and castor hair oil. The instructions state to use it on the ends of your hair but I used it all over and it left my hair feeling soft and gave it a nice sheen. I got my hair cornrowed this afternoon and added a little bit more of the oil to the ends of my hair when I got home this evening. I will use it for 3 to 4 weeks until I next shampoo as I mainly co-wash so I get a true idea of how it works for me.

I went for a facial today and the lady used the rose and sandalwood facial oil to finish. The oil just sank straight in and did not leave my face feeling greasy at all. I will use this morning and night for the next 4 weeks until my next facial so the lady can also assess my face.

Earlier this week I woke and stretched and pulled a muscle. I called the lady to see if she could squeeze me in for a massage but she was fully booked. She texted me this morning to say that she had had a cancellation so I was able to have my massage after all. I took the Rose and Jasmine Hair & Body oil and she used this to massage. It smells divine and left my skin feeling so smooth and the lady also said that it was perfect to massage with. We both absolutely adored the smell but could only smell the Jasmine essential oil and not any Rose at all. I love the smell of Jasmine much more than Rose anyway and the lady said the same so it was perfect for me.

Last edited:

Charz

Sinister Minister
I just washed the henna from my hair. David is rinsing it out of his hair as we speak(type) :rolleyes:

I am DCing under my steamer.

I used up:

Shescentit Grapefruit and Tea-Tree DC (16 ounce)
Afroveda Ylang Ylang Shampoo

simplyconfident

I went ahead a bought Yes to Carrots Mask and my hair truely enjoyed it. I know I wasn't suppose to buy anything else but I really glad I did!

robot.

i found this DC i have to use up... i think i'm gonna use it and then follow up with a moisturizing DC because it's some kind of clay mask from BNB.

MizzBrown

I actually just finished a bottle of shampoo tonight. :grin:That's a rare feat. I think that bottle was purchased this time last year.

Felt good squeezing the last drop out and making my stash just ONE bottle smaller. Yeah!!:yay:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies...........What's been up today?:look: I Did finished a bottle of Dudley PCA Moisture Retainer. It's a Creamy Daily Moisture Treatment and I use it under my Wig.

I have been sealing with Wheat Germ Oil, Essential Fatty Acids, 100% Pure & Raw African Shea Butter Oil and/or Nexxus Botanoil.:yep:

I will definitely repurchase Dudley PCA. But I have several other 'creamy' moisturizers to use up First. Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizer (prolly won't repurchase) is next to go. In fact, I may use this up this work-week.:yep:

I do have that Bee-Mine Lucious Conditioning Moisturizer and some Baba de Caracol. These should well see me through Spring. And also, if I use Jessicurl WDT (as a Leave-In). I have JC Moisturizer, but I will save this one.

I am trying to determine now, how long I will wear the Wig(s)....until Maybe May/June? I guess it will all depend on the quality & quanity of my hair in the upcoming months.:perplexed

What's Up with You all?:grin:

♥Lamaravilla♥

I just used some Karkady Tea mist from Qhemet, that stuff smells soooo good! And it softened up the crunchy curls I got from Miss Jessie's (thank God that stuff is finally done). I can't wait to use some of the Qhemet gel tomorrow to refresh my hair :)

MizzBrown

^^^You know I got a little sample of that and still scared to use it cause of the glycerin content. Didnt want to spray it over my damp rollerset and get a bad set and be pissed.

You natural? How does it work on relaxed hair, anyone?

La Colocha

Today i used tw mist and sunshine on my hair. I have about 3 uses left of a 10oz of mbc and about 2-3 of my clarifying poo and moisture poo. After my this jar of jbco is gone im going to start using the lavendar one.

Eisani

Ok, I didn't really get to read the thread this morning, and glanced briefly while @ the bar last night but I will be going through everything and posting a list here, and only here for participants of this thread. Anything I list, you can either have and pay shipping, or purchase on the extra cheap. I really need to clear some of this stuff out, and I want a gallon of WDT :look: In all honesty, I'd be more than content with that as my only dc, it works for me year-round. Anyway, I'll keep yall posted. I don't know when I'll be tackling these boxes.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ok, I didn't really get to read the thread this morning, and glanced briefly while @ the bar last night but I will be going through everything and posting a list here, and only here for participants of this thread. Anything I list, you can either have and pay shipping, or purchase on the extra cheap. I really need to clear some of this stuff out, and I want a gallon of WDT :look: In all honesty, I'd be more than content with that as my only dc, it works for me year-round. Anyway, I'll keep yall posted. I don't know when I'll be tackling these boxes.

Beautiful Girl.:hug2: You Can Do it.:up: I wish I were there to help.

It might give me some Insight and a better way to deal with My Own Personal Madness I got ova' here.:look:

Last edited:

Charz

Sinister Minister

:notworthy:notworthy

I want some KBB and Curl Junkie!!!!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Shay, what do you think dried your hair out? Does it have glycerin in it?
Yes, but I hadn't even walked out the door yet. I have other products with glycerin in them and I have no problems. Oops I forgot being in a heated apt could affect the glycerin too.

Its not the glycerin because the wild plum twisting cream dried my hair out too. Ramen noodle dry.:nono: The first time i used it, it worked good but then on clean hair it was a no no. I threw mine away too:look:.

I like the oil for my skin but im not trying anymore hair products from there.
Thanks, because I have the wild plum too :nono:.

chebaby

i used my hello sweet thang(thanx brownie) today on co washed hair with no leave in and that stuff is great. my hair is sstill soft and moisturized. i love it. and the smell surprized me. i wasnt exspecting it to smell like oranges lol.

i didnt get a chance to deep condition today so thatll have to wait another few days.

chebaby

I can tell yall right now that the cutie juice will not work for me. In the back of my mind i kind of knew it anyway but still wanted to try it. Even diluted with spring water it is too oily, i need slip to mess with the colochas and my fingers stopped dead in my hair. In not going to be able to do it, so to use it up and not waste money i will just add a bit to my tw mist until its gone. The bottle of cj is not that big but very concentrated, more oil than water. It may work for someone else but not for me.
girl i tred to make my own cutie juice, morre ols than water and it was crap. an oily mess that was hard to work with. so i know hers wont work for me either.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I can tell yall right now that the cutie juice will not work for me. In the back of my mind i kind of knew it anyway but still wanted to try it. Even diluted with spring water it is too oily, i need slip to mess with the colochas and my fingers stopped dead in my hair. In not going to be able to do it, so to use it up and not waste money i will just add a bit to my tw mist until its gone. The bottle of cj is not that big but very concentrated, more oil than water. It may work for someone else but not for me.

girl i tred to make my own cutie juice, morre ols than water and it was crap. an oily mess that was hard to work with. so i know hers wont work for me either.

So.......Does it need to be "Tweaked" Less Oil and more of something else?

Not that I am interested in purchasing it. But How do You Think it could be a better product?:look:

This would be helpful to other 'Naturals' that may have been contemplating buying it.:grin:

Brownie518

i used my hello sweet thang(thanx brownie) today on co washed hair with no leave in and that stuff is great. my hair is sstill soft and moisturized. i love it. and the smell surprized me. i wasnt exspecting it to smell like oranges lol.

i didnt get a chance to deep condition today so thatll have to wait another few days.

This time around I got the Rise and Shine Sunshine and thats my favorite so far. My least is the Coconut Lemongrass. It sure is some good stuff, though!! :lick:
I was really sick this week so I didn't get to use anything up. I'm working on a L'anza Kukui Nut and some Alterna. Slowly but surely using up stuff.

JJamiah

I bought some HE Long Term Relationship Leave In this week, I was out and my ends were looking a hot mess, I got this and it was amazing, my ends did a total reverse, I can't wait until my trim and appt on February 6, it can't come fast enough. I spent $3 out of my $31. :)

Not bad.....

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
This time around I got the Rise and Shine Sunshine and thats my favorite so far. My least is the Coconut Lemongrass. It sure is some good stuff, though!! :lick:
I was really sick this week so I didn't get to use anything up. I'm working on a L'anza Kukui Nut and some Alterna. Slowly but surely using up stuff.

^^Wondering where you were :yep:. Hope you are feeling better.

Yeah...........Me Too B!:hug2:

MizzBrown

Does anyone own a bottle of Ohm Hair Hibiscus Tea Hair Moisturizer?

I got a bottle and it looks and smells funny. Wanted to make sure it ain't rancid or I got a bad batch.