Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

La Colocha

Happy new year ladies, we are starting a new year. This thread is to talk about our habits wether it be hair or whatever. Feel free to come in, this is not a challenge. This thread will run in parts, we will have a new thread every 3 months. Also post a mission statement of what goals you hope to achieve in the new year. We are here to talk, share info and reviews, sales and how to be better consumers. And the most important thing is to have fun.

La Colocha

La Colocha

My goals for this year are

Maintain the health of my hair
Make better purchasing decisions
Stick to my budget and not over spend
Keep my stash to a minimum with staples, with occasionally trying new things:look::lachen:.
And learn how to cornrow.

Ms_CoCo37

Walking into the thread with head hung low...my armoire is full to the brim...my bathroom cabinets are full...the shelves on my tub are full...any flat surface on my tub is full...the corner of my room is full of hair care products...

To top it off...I bought more products today...

WHAT DA DEBIL???!!!:perplexed

I need help man...I can't stop myself. I have enough products to open my own beauty supply store.

La Colocha

Walking into the thread with head hung low...my armoire is full to the brim...my bathroom cabinets are full...the shelves on my tub are full...any flat surface on my tub is full...the corner of my room is full of hair care products...

To top it off...I bought more products today...

WHAT DA DEBIL???!!!:perplexed

I need help man...I can't stop myself. I have enough products to open my own beauty supply store.

You better hold your head up ms coco, we are all pj's in here. We are trying to find ways to cope with our addiction. Go through your stuff and see what you don't use, organize your products. Then you can go from there, to pick the things that best suit the health of your hair.

Ms_CoCo37

I do need to start weeding through all of this stuff...a lot of it I haven't even opened yet.:blush:

I'm going to start going through everything this weekend and see what's what. I know I can throw all of my neutralizer shampoos out because I'm 100% natural now. At least that would be a start.

Last edited:

La Colocha

I do need to start weeding through all of this stuff...a lot of it I haven't even opened yet.:blush:

I'm going to start going through everything this weekend and see what's what. I know I can through all of my neutralizer shampoos out because I'm 100% natural now. At least that would be a start.

Yes it is a start. When you have your things organized then you can see what works and what doesn't. Alot of ladies keep journals to track not just hair progress but what things work for them. If you have old products that you don't use, clean them out. When you actually see what you have to work with, it gets a bit easier.

PrincessLinzz

So glad you started this.

I cleaned my room last night and decided to lay out all of my products on the floor. I would say 50% was purchased within the last 3 months.

H-E-L-P!!

Attachments

• PJ PIC 1.jpg
    PJ PIC 1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 180
  • pj junky2.jpg
    pj junky2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 139

MizzBrown

*sigh* Takes a front row seat for this challenge. :rolleyes:

My mission statement:

"I will challenge myself by taking the money that I would've spent, swiped, etc. and bank it in my stash instead.

I will FINISH A BOTTLE before buying another unless it's a refill. I will work on getting my 2 1/2 bins of hair products down to at least ONE by the close of 2010.

If I do relapse and end up hating the product, I vow to sell it immediately and bank the profit instead of buying something else to replace it.

I will be more thankful and blessed that I have accumulated the products and appliances I own and learn to appreciate them more b/c somewhere out there, someone can only afford Luster's Pink Oil and I am thankful that I can sit under my Pibbs (car note) with my $25 bottle of natural "whatever" and be glad I am not her.

I will NOT join another bandwagon. I'm still trying to get through the other bandwagon bottles. "

I'll be back later...:look:

La Colocha

So glad you started this.

I cleaned my room last night and decided to lay out all of my products on the floor. I would say 50% was purchased within the last 3 months.

H-E-L-P!!

Ohh princess you have some stuff:look:. Are all of them open.

*sigh* Takes a front row seat for this challenge. :rolleyes:

My mission statement:

"I will challenge myself by taking the money that I would've spent, swiped, etc. and bank it in my stash instead.

I will FINISH A BOTTLE before buying another unless it's a refill. I will work on getting my 2 1/2 bins of hair products down to at least ONE by the close of 2010.

If I do relapse and end up hating the product, I vow to sell it immediately and bank the profit instead of buying something else to replace it.

I will be more thankful and blessed that I have accumulated the products and appliances I own and learn to appreciate them more b/c somewhere out there, someone can only afford Luster's Pink Oil and I am thankful that I can sit under my Pibbs (car note) with my $25 bottle of natural "whatever" and be glad I am not her.

I will NOT join another bandwagon. I'm still trying to get through the other bandwagon bottles. "

I'll be back later...:look:

To the bold mizz brown, we are lax in here. There will be some stumblin and fallin, relapsing and backsliding:lachen:but its ok. This isn't a no buy, we are here to support each other. :yep:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Happy New Year ladies!! :kiss:

I'm going to work on using up items in my stash, not buying new products until the ones that I have are gone, figuring out my staples, simplifying my regimen, and saving money, because times are surely rough.
And when I buy products, I want them to be items of real quality that will truly benefit and/or nourish my hair.

Ms. Coco37, instead of throwing out all the neutralizing shampoos, have you considered keeping a few bottles and using them to wash your hair brushes, combs, makeup brushes, attachments for your blowdryer, the barrel of your curling iron, your rollers...etc?
I recently went sulfate-free, but I still have a bunch of sulfate shampoos, and I find that using them to clean stuff is a great way to use them up, instead of throwing them out and wasting money. :yep:

Ms_CoCo37

Happy New Year ladies!! :kiss:

I'm going to work on using up items in my stash, not buying new products until the ones that I have are gone, figuring out my staples, simplifying my regimen, and saving money, because times are surely rough.
And when I buy products, I want them to be items of real quality that will truly benefit and/or nourish my hair.

Ms. Coco37, instead of throwing out all the neutralizing shampoos, have you considered keeping a few bottles and using them to wash your hair brushes, combs, makeup brushes, attachments for your blowdryer, the barrel of your curling iron, your rollers...etc?
I recently went sulfate-free, but I still have a bunch of sulfate shampoos, and I find that using them to clean stuff is a great way to use them up, instead of throwing them out and wasting money. :yep:

That's actually a brilliant idea! I'll use them for just that! Thanks for the suggestion. :yep:

La Colocha

That's the thing, I'm not sure. I rotate so much I don't have regimen and can't explain what is working.

My 2010 ressie is to develop a reggie!

Pick a few products to use, shampoo, conditoner, moisturizer ect. If you can, use them for a few weeks to see if they really work for you. Write down what you are using and how it makes you hair feel, how it benefits you. One thing that helps me is to keep track of what im using. If you find that one of the products that you chose isn't doing it for you, put it to the side and replace it with another from your stash. hth

♥Lamaravilla♥

:lol: Looks like we got a full house LC! First of all, Happy New Year Ladies, many blessings and well wishes to you and your families for the new year.

My Mission:

1. Use up all the extras in my stash till I'm only left with my staples.
2. Maintain the health of my hair.
3. Grow out my twa to shoulder length by December 2010 (in shoulder length challenge)
4. Only buy to replace what I need.
5. If I must buy then only buy samples, if the company doesn't sell samples then find a fellow LHCF'er who wants to share a full sized product or just do without.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Hi, I am Charzboss and I am addicted to shopping, especially online.

My mission statement is to pay my $9,000 debt by Dec 2010 by being more conservative with my disposable income. It was $12,000 October 2009...

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Lamara & Char have mentioned 2 of mine.

Mission
* Get my stash down to staples
* Be more conservative with my disposable income
* Save at minimum $200 a month

mkd

Happy New Year Ladies,

My goals are to not make impulsive purchases.

Swap things that don't work for me instead of hanging on to them

And to save more money this year.

Today, I am going to clarify with elucence and try the sintrinillah, thanks Washnset. I hope my hair likes it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Okay......:look:

In 2010 I will Shop My Stash. Strictly Limit My Purchases. Focus on Hair Health. And Concentrate on Technique and Skills.:grin:

isabella09

:wave: Happy New Year ladies, wishing you all the very best for 2010!

My mission statement;
- Being consist with my current hair routine and staples (I went through my experimental (PJ :giggle:) period last year which was vital in aiding me to find my current routine, all the equipment I need and staples which are working well for my hair).
- No new products this year unless the addition will enhance my current routine.
- My main focus this year will be on consistency and technique.
- I may treat myself to something every 4 or 6 months (haven’t decide on the time period) these will be; heat pass, hair toy, new product etc. I’m only able to use each treat once throughout the year.

I really hope I can achieve all this :crossfingers: :look:

Last edited:

Ms. Feliz

The ladies in the local hair store remember me every time I visit and ask me how I like the lastest products i've bought. :look: my goals are to really get a serious regimen that works for me and stop wanting the products that get the good reviews.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I just wanted to make sure you were in here:look::lachen:
**slowly walks back out**

Okay......:look:

In 2010 I will Shop My Stash. Strictly Limit My Purchases. Focus on Hair Health. And Concentrate on Technique and Skills.:grin:

Americka

2010 Hair Journey Mission Statement:

1. Continue to live by the Use 1 Buy 1 philosophy (it truly works!)
  2. Only purchase what has proved to work for me (staples!)
  3. Continue to live by a personal budget of $50 a month
  4. No impulse purchases unless the item is on clearance
By purchasing and using what has proven to work for me, it eliminates the need to give or throw away unlikeable products. Also, I will not force myself to spend my budget money just because it is there. The :dollar: not spent will rollover and be held for larger purchases. :crossfingers:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
2010 Hair Journey Mission Statement:

1. Continue to live by the Use 1 Buy 1 philosophy (it truly works!)
  2. Only purchase what has proved to work for me (staples!)
  3. Continue to live by a personal budget of $50 a month
  4. No impulse purchases unless the item is on clearance
By purchasing and using what has proven to work for me, it eliminates the need to give or throw away unlikeable products. Also, I will not force myself to spend my budget money just because it is there. The :dollar: not spent will rollover and be held for larger purchases. :crossfingers:

Good Outlook Americka and Great Goals. I Know you Can Do it!

I'll be watching.....:eye:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I'm in....

I vow to:

Allot myself $500 from my tax refund to make hair product/appliance purchases for the year. I will not go beyond this amount, and it must cover me for the year. I will also be braiding for majority of the year, which should also save money on product purchases.

I will put at least $200 a month into my savings account that I will start with at least $3,000 from my tax refund. I will have at least $5,000 saved by January, 2011.

I will not make impulse purchases! I use only what has proven to work for my hair. I will attempt to stick to organic products as I transition.

fattyfatfat

this year I hope to:

*only purchase natural products for my hair
*support only black owned businesses (regarding hair care)
*purchase items that I KNOW work for my hair (njoi creations, some hairveda products and products from jasmines bath and beauty)
*swap/trade items
*I will definately take advantage of when sites have sales!
*I will also try to improve my hair techniques!