Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I bought some HE Long Term Relationship Leave In this week, I was out and my ends were looking a hot mess, I got this and it was amazing, my ends did a total reverse, I can't wait until my trim and appt on February 6, it can't come fast enough. I spent $3 out of my $31. :)

Not bad.....

We Gon' Hafta Start Asking You To See Some Receipts.:ban:

You tryna' do some Fuzzy Math.:lachen:

La Colocha

So.......Does it need to be "Tweaked" Less Oil and more of something else?

Not that I am interested in purchasing it. But How do You Think it could be a better product?:look:

This would be helpful to other 'Naturals' that may have been contemplating buying it.:grin:

Less oil, more water and something with slip. Bentromonium methosulfate, silk protien, amodimethicone, something:look:. It will work for some but not everybody will like it. I will send my feed back on it.:yep:

This time around I got the Rise and Shine Sunshine and thats my favorite so far. My least is the Coconut Lemongrass. It sure is some good stuff, though!! :lick:
I was really sick this week so I didn't get to use anything up. I'm working on a L'anza Kukui Nut and some Alterna. Slowly but surely using up stuff.

Hope you are getting better, i thought you jumped ship on us.

chebaby

So.......Does it need to be "Tweaked" Less Oil and more of something else?

Not that I am interested in purchasing it. But How do You Think it could be a better product?:look:

This would be helpful to other 'Naturals' that may have been contemplating buying it.:grin:
i think its just an all around bad idea to just mix a bunch of oils and water and think its gonna moisturize the hair. when i spray my ahri with any type of mist i want it to semi saturate my hair. but if you do that with a water/oil mix like La said its gonna be tangle city. ontop of that you have to know what oils to mix, i used more olive oil than anything else and it made my hair so hard the next day:nono:

Brownie518

Less oil, more water and something with slip. Bentromonium methosulfate, silk protien, amodimethicone, something:look:. It will work for some but not everybody will like it. I will send my feed back on it.:yep:

Hope you are getting better, i thought you jumped ship on us.

La, do you think the Juice will be good for skin???

Me?? Never!!! And thank you. I am feeling much better. :)

Americka

The "Hair Budget" thread got me thinking about my fiscal approach to my hhj. I realized that I have to ask myself three questions:

• What do I currently have?
  • What do I currently need?
  • What do I currently want?

I have already answered the first question by listing (from memory because I was on the way to a b-ball game) all the products I currently have. From there, I also listed where the products came from and how much did I pay.

I don't know that I will have an answer for the second question because I truly have all that I NEED.

As for the third question, I know that I WANT some Alter Ego Garlic Treatment, however, I cannot currently justify paying that much for it.

I do know that when I get a moment (probably MLK day), I'll go through my products and place sticky dots/labels and write when I purchased them. (I write on my calendar when I purchased my products.) This will allow me to know how long it takes me to use a product AND when I am doing most of my purchases.

I want to enjoy my hhj, but I don't want to make unnecessary, wasteful, or duplicate purchases in the process.

chebaby

has anybody seen aggie? i noticed i havent seen her around here.

i sold a bunch of products, threw away three things that went bad or i had a long time and im almost finished my bottle of CURLS cocout conditioner. i like this conditioner but i think cheapies make my hair feel the same way so i wont repurchase.

now i notice my stash is more co wash and deep conditioners and leave ins. which is fine. i dont have as many moisturizers and stylers as i used to.
i gave my mom the shea butter miz i made the first time around because her 4b hair seems to love shea buter too.

robot.

and i have absolutely no idea what to think about this "conditioning" hair mask i have in right now...

BrownBetty

30-40% cheaper. If you keep your order under 2 kilo's shipping is only 7.95 pounds which is like 11-13 bucks which is around the amount it costs to ship from the US anyway. Shipping is faster too sadly enough. And some bath bombs and bubble bars are more vibrant and bigger.

For example, Gorgeous the overpriced moisturizer is 85 bucks here in the US. In the UK it's 55 bucks give or take with the exchange rate. It's 20 bucks cheaper.

Lotions, Face moisturizers and products like ocean salt and mask of magnaminty are considerably cheaper. Bath bombs and other cheaper products not so much.

I still need to order from the UK. I am on the east coast. I need to reup on tea tree toner, cosmetic lad, ocean salt, and I need another moisturizer that is a bit heavier.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
The "Hair Budget" thread got me thinking about my fiscal approach to my hhj. I realized that I have to ask myself three questions:

• What do I currently have?
  • What do I currently need?
  • What do I currently want?

I have already answered the first question by listing (from memory because I was on the way to a b-ball game) all the products I currently have. From there, I also listed where the products came from and how much did I pay.

I don't know that I will have an answer for the second question because I truly have all that I NEED.

As for the third question, I know that I WANT some Alter Ego Garlic Treatment, however, I cannot currently justify paying that much for it.

I do know that when I get a moment (probably MLK day), I'll go through my products and place sticky dots/labels and write when I purchased them. (I write on my calendar when I purchased my products.) This will allow me to know how long it takes me to use a product AND when I am doing most of my purchases.

I want to enjoy my hhj, but I don't want to make unnecessary, wasteful, or duplicate purchases in the process.

That sounds like a great plan. Good luck in carrying it out! :yep:
And about the Alter Ego Garlic Treatment, have you tried just taking a DC that you like and adding garlic powder to it? Or using garlic oil on your scalp as part of your prepoo? I've read a few times that people have done this and it has worked just as well as the Alter Ego Treatment, for a fraction of the price.

robot.

You said it was one of the clays on bnb? How does it feel, is it like bentonite clay?

yeah, and it doesn't feel like bentonite to me. it's a lot thicker and it's sooo messy! got my bathroom looking like a crime scene investigation and my hair is the victim.

i mixed with a bit of coconut oil this time and it made my hair feel a lot better. my hair was very soft and clean, but i followed up with a moisturizing DC, just to be on the safe side.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I finished my Qhemet sample of Burdock Root Butter Cream. Love it! I will repurchase this when her new dc comes out :grin:.

Eisani

Ok so, not a hair purchase but... I ordered my 88 color warm palette. I ended up only paying $13.75 and free shipping. Couldn't pass it up.

redecouvert

I hope everyone is doing well. I decided that I'll deep condition only once a week this winter because my scalp gets drier during the winter and I don't want to wash my hair twice a week.
I just deep condition with darcy's botanicals deep conditioning mask and it is a keeper!! I cant stop touching my hair :)
I also decided that I'll use the palm kernel cherry butter as a body butter since I have 2 and I want to use it up...
off to flat twist with the avocado wild plum oil..I hope I like it...

Vonnieluvs08

Hello Ladies. It's been great keeping up with you while i'm at work. This last week I decided to cut back my internet usage and TV watching. I was seriously addicted to DVRing shows and LHCF.

My Jessicurl package finally came on Friday. I didn't realize how big 1L of conditioner actually is. I like the fact that it came with a pump.:grin: I hope I like it all (shoot I ordered enough).:nono:

Lamaravilla- you scared me from buying in bulk with you WDT post. It also made me realize that it took me almost a year to use the big Aussie Moist with the pump. So do I really need to buy in bulk:look: I also started using more natural products as well so I don't know.

I have a couple of friends from church coming over this weekend and I told them they could shop my products. I also want to see if the Almond Glaze will work well for my friend who loves to wear twists

I used the Almond Glaze for my twists this week and it looked really good and I'm thinking of going 2 weeks with twists. I don't think my scalp is going to have it though evening using the Cocosta oil every other day my scalp is itchy and dry from the cold outside and the dry heat indoors. I can't wait until the spring to start cowashing more often my scalp really loved it.

Until Later Ladies.

La Colocha

Ok so, not a hair purchase but... I ordered my 88 color warm palette. I ended up only paying $13.75 and free shipping. Couldn't pass it up.

Im trying to decide between the 88 shimmer and matte but i can't make up my mind. Im going to think it out awhile longer then decide.

I hope everyone is doing well. I decided that I'll deep condition only once a week this winter because my scalp gets drier during the winter and I don't want to wash my hair twice a week.
I just deep condition with darcy's botanicals deep conditioning mask and it is a keeper!! I cant stop touching my hair :)
I also decided that I'll use the palm kernel cherry butter as a body butter since I have 2 and I want to use it up...

I hope the twisting cream works for you , keep us posted.

Hello Ladies. It's been great keeping up with you while i'm at work. This last week I decided to cut back my internet usage and TV watching. I was seriously addicted to DVRing shows and LHCF.

Hi vonnie, i need to start doing this too, especially in the work week. I made out a schedule and haven't followed it:look:. Ill try it this week, only stay on an hour or 2.

redecouvert

hello ladies,
so i am here with results. I was nervous after reading your review.
so far....I like it!!! I did 10 flat twists and this morning when I undid them my hair very soft .I applied some more, a little bit of the cocoa bean oil ( I was surprised at how light it is) and some of her palm kernel cherry butter because it is freezing outside and I needeed something heavier...voila...
I'll be using it for the next 3 weeks until I decide whether if it is a keeper or not..probably yes because I love the fact that it doesn't have any glycerine

Eisani

The bolded sound :lick: Are these Darcy's products?
Im trying to decide between the 88 shimmer and matte but i can't make up my mind. Im going to think it out awhile longer then decide.
I hear ya. I persoally prefer shimmer to matte because I get versatility due to the fact that I can make a shimmer look like it's a matte anyway.

Aww man eisani, now i want the warm pallet:look:.
Sowwy :look: I have a 120 palette as well. Dang, now I'm thinking I need a new train case for my other shadows and makeup. My Mac case and the makeup in it got stolen FROM CHURCH a while back.

Eisani

WHY did I just do that??? My fingers are itching to order some things on sale. Why did I go look on that website? :whyme:

mkd

Eisani, where is this color palette that you and La are speaking of? I need to take a look.:look:

My shescentit shipped today and my butter n bars is coming today. Last night, when I was washing my kids' hair, I started obsessing over CV poo bars and went on the website and almost ordered 3. I just closed the window and went and read a book.