Partial or Whole DOMINICAN Regimens

Partial or Whole Dominican Product Regimens?

• I use ENTIRELY Dominican Products

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • I use SOME Dominican Products

Votes: 323 62.6%
  • I use NO Dominican Products

Votes: 170 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mrs.Green

Are most Dominican products high in protein?? Can someone list the moisturizing products they have?? Conditioner - Deep Conditioner - Leave In- Moisturizer. My hair is not crazy about to much protein.

BlueNile

Things I have tried:

Salerm 21-The first go round, I hated it. It made my hair hard. It lingered in the back of my shelf for about 2 years. I tried it again and liked it.

Lacio Lacio-Unfortunately I did not get on this bandwagon when it actually had mink oil so I don't know what the 'real' thing was like. The version without it was so so, although it did soften my hair and gave it shine.

Capillo Silk Worm Rinse and Condish-Loved the rinse but the condish dried my hair out.

10 en 1-Ehhh, I ended up giving this to my stepdaughter.

Silicon Mix-I am still dating this one. I can't decide whether I want to make it my boyfriend yet, lol. It gives strength and detangling.

Emergencia-Once you get past the fact that it looks like baby poop, you will find this is a great protein conditioner. :yep:

Qetesh

I have been using salerem wheat germ deep condish for the past 2 years. I LOVE it. I use it mayb once a month.

Miss Key 10 in 1 deep condish I like the way this smells I use it a few times a month in conjunction with wheat germ. :yep:

i also have silicon mix for the past year this works well for me on roller/flexi rod sets.

things i dont really care for... i have sedal keraforce its not all that I mean its decent but to me not any better then say.. garnier frutics leave ins.

i got the sperm whale deep condish.. this has its first ingredient as mineral oil :sad:

i have a rinse i have yet to try and thats about it

Mrs.Green

I have been using Silicon Mix for Deep Conditioning and Lacio Lacio once a week the last couple weeks, for my rollersets. AWESOME AWESOME combination. Bounce and shine for days :grin:

skegeesmb

I have lacio lacio, and Key 47 or whatever it is called, but I haven't used them in such a long time. I like the products I use better. But that doesn't mean to say I won't have them used on my hair especially if I am in a Dominican Salon.

asubeauty

I use Miss Key 10 en 1, Lacio Lacio, Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla, and just regular Silicon Mix. I will only use Dominican conditioners. I think the shampoos are too harsh.

ajoyfuljoy

PARTIAL

once i run out of my current condishes I will probably go back to Miss Keys 10 en 1. It was one of the best I'd ever tried.

Also, nothing, and I mean NOTHING can compare to Silicon Mix leave in. I hope they never stop making that product. It's just a miracle worker for my rollersets and braidouts!!!

Lovestyr

I used partial domincan regimen. I never used their relaxers but I have gotten a blow out and a roller set and love ittt. Not really sure of their products my stylist use but I will find out and repost.:look:

I just dont trust the safety of the products ( chemical wise) I used Miss Keys 10 en 1 and loved it but I just dont feel comfortable using Dominican products. I dont know what the standards are. There were misspellings on the label and such.No offense to any Dominicans on here :lol:

prettyw/pink

I mostly use their conditioners. I also have a hair serum by UNA. But I like them alot. I have used the Silicon Mix, Miss key 10 en 1, and Salerm. I also order some Dominican products yesterday.

jamaraa

Are most Dominican products high in protein?? Can someone list the moisturizing products they have?? Conditioner - Deep Conditioner - Leave In- Moisturizer. My hair is not crazy about to much protein.

Not really, but if you're protein wary, avoid Emergencia, Silicon Mix w/ the pearl extract and the ones w/ animal products. I gave Miss Key's 10 en 1 a try and also La Plancha....both heavily on the moisture side. I plan to try the regular Silicon Mix w/o the pearl extract very soon. Like you, I'm not a big protein person, but when I do...Aphogee (the one that hardens on your head) all the way! :grin:

Mrs.Green

Not really, but if you're protein wary, avoid Emergencia, Silicon Mix w/ the pearl extract and the ones w/ animal products. I gave Miss Key's 10 en 1 a try and also La Plancha....both heavily on the moisture side. I plan to try the regular Silicon Mix w/o the pearl extract very soon. Like you, I'm not a big protein person, but when I do...Aphogee (the one that hardens on your head) all the way! :grin:

I know this now~ Since I posted that comment I've switched to a 100% Dominican regimen. Even the shampoo is Dominican. My hair LOVES it :yep:

CaliDiamond

Pre-Poo: Sole and Cinnamon oil or Apretadora (Stimulates the scalp)
Shampoo: Nadict Olive Oil Shampoo (Moisturizing and clarifying)
Conditioner: Miss Key 10 en 1, Capilo Sole and Cinnamon, La Plancha, silicon Mix
Leave-In: Star Wheat Germ leave in (protein) or Placenta de Oveja Leave in (moisture)

The only thing that is not Dominican is my Aveda DR and CHI Silk Infusion!

1/12/10 update: I am no longer using the shampoos and pre-poos but I am still using the DC's (some new) and Leave ins..They are all Dominican.

Last edited:

SherylsTresses

I just started using all Dominican products so I'll see how my hair responds. I've been using silicon mix Avanti and Perla de Proteina line. :lick: For shedding I've been using the Italian Alter Ego Garlic conditioner.

tdwillis

SherylsTresses, I think we are on the same page on these Dominican Conditioners. I just went on a shopping spree earlier this week at bluebeez.com and bought a ton.

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
Been using them since 2007
Nacidit, crece pelo,capilo,tropical,henna queen,ms key,12 en 1 kan kanechomn(brazillian)dcs,lady Fior olive oil dcs
Lacio Lacio before changes,etc I have tried many....in my pj days

at this point I'm still liking(staples)
BPT wheat germ dc [has behentrimonium methosulfate(btms)]
Praital Silk worm dc
Baba de caracol dc(btms)
Salerm 21 B5 leave in-staple since 2007
d'fina 11 en 1
Alter Ego energizing/rebalancing cream(as leave in) (Italian)
Emergencia-staple protein treatment since 2007
silicon mix leave in

Next on my list to try is La Plancha since it is supposed to be moisturizing

ConstantlyDynamic

i just starting using the silicon mix (i've used it 3 or 4x already) and i love it!! now i have to add lacio lacio because i've heard great things about it

PinkPebbles

I finally bought some Dominican conditioners that I wanted to try for the longest. :grin:

I heard Dominican conditioners are great for stretching relaxers - the hair is much easier to detangle which also gives a nice protein/moisture balance.

So I plan to use these conditioners in rotation beginning at 7 wks plus post relaxer.

Silicon Mix Conditioner
BPT Wheat Germ Conditioner
Alter Ego Garlic Treatment

I can't give up my Joico Kpak or Ojon so if the above Dominican conditioners work out then I'll have a partial Dominican Regimen.

Fab_Nikki

I use of have used these products successfully : silicon mix, LaBomba, Crece Pelo Conditioner, and Lacio Lacio

Silicon mix I like it best when I add stuff to it.

LaBomba a great deep conditioner.

Lacio Lacio is one of my favorite leave-ins.

Crece Pelo Conditioner & leave-in - I get similar results that I get using LaBomba and Lacio Lacio. I just prefer Lacio Lacio over Crece.

winona

I dont necessarily follow a full dominican regimen but I absolutely love Silicon Mix Bambu for detangling and conditioning. It has so much slip and my hair feels awesome afterwards. The best part is how cheap it is. I also like alter ego (i know it is italian) when I don't feel like making a homemade garlic ointment. Lacio lacio is good for conventional roller sets; i haven't use it on any curlformer or other type of sets.

NewHairWOWeave

All I keep reminding my self is I need a seamless comb and some bomb deep conditioner that gives me the best slip. I think im going for Miss Keys 10 en 1 or Silicon Mix, What u ladies think ? I can use suggestions?

winona

[USER=318467 said:
NewHairWOWeave[/USER];14990831]All I keep reminding my self is I need a seamless comb and some bomb deep conditioner that gives me the best slip. I think im going for Miss Keys 10 en 1 or Silicon Mix, What u ladies think ? I can use suggestions?

Silicon Mix Bambu:grin:

NaturalPath

All I keep reminding my self is I need a seamless comb and some bomb deep conditioner that gives me the best slip. I think im going for Miss Keys 10 en 1 or Silicon Mix, What u ladies think ? I can use suggestions?

Baba de caracol (sp?) I <3 this deep conditioner and gives great slip!