Partial or Whole DOMINICAN Regimens

Partial or Whole Dominican Product Regimens?

• I use ENTIRELY Dominican Products

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • I use SOME Dominican Products

Votes: 323 62.6%
  • I use NO Dominican Products

Votes: 170 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eisani

Does anyone like any of their shampoos?

I've found one shampoo so far that would actually be worth buying the gallon size and that's Nacidit Aguacate (avocado). I switched to a completely Dominican regimen in June and started my Fotki account to track the progress. I LOVE the conditioners and would be stumped if I had to pick a favorite because everything I've tried is good for one reason or another. The Nacidit Aguacate rinse is good too. I list and give a brief review of the products I'm currently using in my Fotki journal or the about me section, I can't remember off-hand.

sikora

I use Nacidit's Olive Oil deep conditioner (Aceite de Oliva) as a moisture deep CON and my leave in is Silicon mix leave in. Those are absolute staples. I also use Praital silk worm rinse, but not with every wash.

shadylane21

Hello,
I am new to the board and growing my hair, I usually use micros and well more micros, because I am hair challenged! I am determined to leave my hair down and help it grow. So heres m question why the big hype about Dominican products? I live in Arizona and don't have acess to a lot of black hair products so can someone please help a sista out? TY!:nono:

pistachio

When I get some money I'd love to move toward an ALL Domincan regimen, but for now I have a partial one: my DC, rinse, and leave-in are Dom. I plan to buy some 'poos and more conditoners in the future.

Energist

I used to use entire Dominican/Spanish/Italian hair products (which the Dominican salons usually have and alternate between) but then read the ingredients on the back of many of the (mainly Dominican) products and found some that I didn't like when I did searches on them, so I now mix it up with others. It's working better for me this way.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I've been using their conditioners and rinses for about 1 1/2 months or so. I absolutely love the conditioners, they make my hair feel so soft and smooth, and not to mention the shine they give:yep::yep:

pistachio

I've been using their conditioners and rinses for about 1 1/2 months or so. I absolutely love the conditioners, they make my hair feel so soft and smooth, and not to mention the shine they give:yep::yep:

ITA!! I'm new to Dom. products too!!! Also I wanna call you out on your siggy!! I wish my hair was thick enough to make a bun like that!!!:yep:

noegirl05

All of my conditioners and shampoos as well as all of my leave in's and rinses... however the only item I use that's NOT dominican is CD lisa's hair elixir I love that stuff!

Evazhair

I have been using deep conditioners and leave ins since May. My no lye ends were chronically dry. These products along with chelating, prepooing , oils/butters, low manipulation all thanks to LHCF, have made me now only have to maintain moisture, not constantly have to get rid of dryness, and I am retaining more length. It has gotten cold here and my hair has not dried out yet. The dominican conditioners are the only protein conditioners except for Biolage/ that my hair likes outside of affirm 5 in 1 at touchup time.

Alpha Female

Got my first shipment of Dominican products yesterday, and went straight to the shower to wash! lol I just bought the Lacio Lacio, Silicon Mix and Salerm 21, and then as a shampoo, I used the Aphogee for Damaged hair that's supposed to be gentle & PH-balanced. I used the Salerm as the lite conditioner, the Silicon Mix as the deep-conditioner (under the hair bonnet for 30+ minutes), rinsed, then used the Lacio Lacio as the leave-in for a wet bun, then put my satin cap on and off to bed I went.

Overall, I was pleased with the shine, softness, and the way my new growth flattened out (I'm 10 weeks post tex-lax). And even more pleased with the fact that I had like no broken hairs when I combed out this morning, and I did do some manipulation (was putting my BT all over my scalp). So from now, it's Dominican conditioners all the way for me! Today is payday (the 15th - yay!) so I'm off to the online beauty site to order a few more things to try!!! :grin:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
ITA!! I'm new to Dom. products too!!! Also I wanna call you out on your siggy!! I wish my hair was thick enough to make a bun like that!!!:yep:
Awww.....thank you girl!! Sometimes, this stuff is too thick, I can't figure out what to do with it. But I love buns so much, even if I'm having a bad hair day, a nice bun will always do the trick:yep:

Valarie1

I've been using Silicon Mix as a DC for about 6 weeks. My breakage has almost completely stopped. I love the softness and the shine.

My daughter who is natural has the same results...LOL, she is running her fingers through her hair now as she does her homework!!!

santia

I use Alter Ego which is an Italian product but heavily used by the Dominicans here. The first pic is their Energizing and Rebalancing Cream which I use as a leave in sometimes at home. My salon uses this all the time. Next is the Curativ Ego Cren drops which is also a leave-in. It's supposed to be good for hair breakage (and prevention of). I take this with me to the salon but never after a relaxer! Next is my baby daddy Silicon Mix. This is my conditioner. Provides lots of slip for me and leaves my hair soft and smelling great. My salon doesn't carry this so I've started taking it with me. Last is Salerm 21 which is a great leave-in for soft, shiny hair. It contains silk protein.

Also, I have tried and liked many Dominican conditioners over the years like Avocado, Olive Oil, Honey&Almonds, Aloe, etc. I really can't go wrong with any of them. When I wasn't taking my Silicon Mix I would ask for a conditioner mixture that my hairdresser would prepare and place in the fridge. It's cold as hell but worked beautifully.:)

I use the same as Cubanita, except I don't use Silicon mix and I rotate my deep conditioner. I use Kuz's reconstructing creme (Italian product, but used in dominican salons) I'm looking forward to trying the other's. They seem to have a good selection of hair treatments. And the other is my beloved Alter Ego garlic conditioner.

tbaby_8

I just started using them about 2-3 months ago and I like them. My favorite is the Nacidit LIC. I love the way it makes my roller sets look. I have 10 en 1 cond and 11 en 1 rinse, which is good. I have the collagen and placenta cond, which is suppose to be good for breakage. It seems to work when I use it consistently. I also have the avocado conditioner and I really like that when I use it like I should. I will buy a few more items, but first I want to use some of the other products that I have.:grin:

nappity

I love 10 and 1 it really works for my thick coarse hair!!! But Im a Pj so I switch up alot but my final go to product is this- My hair is managable and i dont comb so this is a real help for my current lo manipulation challenge.In other words its the conditioner i use after the oil rinse

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
COSIGN on Mis key 10 en 1 this is my staple DC...I try new conditioners now and again but I keep coming back to this baby, great softness moisture and slip. Its a moisture DC but I turn it into a protein by adding SAA.

Generally, I find the poos are waaay to harsh for me and I used to use rinses but not so much anymore ( I have found better things to smooth/detangle) I've tried tropical avocado rinse, that was nice.

As for leave ins I have tried the infamous Lacio Lacio, Silicon Mix and Aceite de Oliva did not like any of them at all:nono:

Zenobia61

I ordered the Salerm 21, Lacio Lacio, and Silicon Mix online (from sickbay.com) and they arrived yesterday. I used the Silicon Mix as a DC last nite and flattened it down with the Lacio Lacio. Today my hair is so soft and supple! These are definite keepers and I can't wait to try tthe Salerm 21!

shelly25

I have not tried any of the Dominican products yet, but I really want to try the Miss Keys 10 en 1, Silicon Mix, and the Salerm 21 (since I've been hearing alot about that one.) I can't wait til I can try them!

TG2000

Hey ladies... I was wondering foremost if anyone uses entirely dominican products in their regimens. If so, what do you use, how long have you used it, and how has it worked for you.

For those who just use dominican products as part of the regimen, please say so, what you use, how long you've used it, and how it has worked for you.

I use dominican products as part of my regimen. I have been using silicon mix as a deep conditioner and the silicon mix leave-in conditioner for 3 years. I love this condish! It leaves my hair thick and soft!

BostonMaria

what you use, how long you've used it, and how it has worked for you.

As a Dominican woman I was at a point where these were the ONLY products I used for over 25 years. A few years ago I started to venture out and buy more expensive products, which were fine but I get the same results with my Dominican products so why pay $20 for 10 oz of something when I can pay $11 for a 50 oz product?

I've used many products but my staples are:
Diez en Uno - I like it but I try not to use this more than 2 months at a time. I like to switch it up cuz I notice that it won't work as well if I don't do that.
Once en Uno - I like this better than 10 en Uno and it provides more slippage.
Apretadora - Its up there with Once en Uno
Wheat Germ - I don't like it
La Bomba - I LOOOOOVE this conditioner. Its my favorite and does not contain mineral oil.
Lacio Lacio - great leave in with gel
Nacidit's Olive Oil conditioner - its nice but I don't think I'll use it again
Silicon Mix - I like it, but just like the Diez en Uno I try not to use it for more than 2 months at a time.

I just notice that my hair looks better when I just stick to these products. Out of all of them, I'd say La Bomba is my favorite. I've been using it for 3 years and my hair thrives. You can get them at the roundbrushforum.com or your local Bodega.

tbaby_8

HOw does the La Bomba make your hair feel? I have had my eye on that for a minute. I have the 11 en 1 and I like it. I added some castor and coconut oil to it and I love it even more. I have the Nacidit leave in and I love it.

You can buy alot of products on Round brush hair. They are very reasonalbe and the shipping is quick. Matter of fact, I need to go and check them out to see what they have new. My PJ'ism is flaring up again.:lachen:

AshMoBev

This thread is great. I've been wanting to try Domincan products for a while now. Thanks to your great comments im ordering some RIGHT NOW :)!!! Im excited!! Can't wait to try em out!