Partial or Whole DOMINICAN Regimens

Partial or Whole Dominican Product Regimens?

• I use ENTIRELY Dominican Products

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • I use SOME Dominican Products

Votes: 323 62.6%
  • I use NO Dominican Products

Votes: 170 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OneInAMillion

My regimen consists of mostly dominican products. When my hair was relaxed straight, most things worked for me (Nexxus, V05, Pantene, etc.). I had always mixed in some dominican products as well. It was not until I started texturizing that I realized how essential Dominican products were in my regimen. I find that they keep my hair moisturized and detangled much better than other products. I've tried Keracare and other stuff that ppl rave about here, but Dominican products typically work best on my hair now. Here are my favs:

Sedal Keraforce - Shampoo, conditioner, & rinse all great for strength & detangling
Silicon Mix - Excellent for giving me super shiny hair
Miss Key 10 en 1 - Great at supplying moisture

scribblescrabble2

GoldenBreeze said:
LOL I don't know, but I sure will look it up if I decide to try it.;)

ETA: Just did a "quick" search. It seems it is a protein, and has
antimicrobial properties on the skin.

That's interesting, thanks for doing the search.

GoldenBreeze

scribblescrabble2 said:
That's interesting, thanks for doing the search.

You're welcome. The thought of Snale Slime in a cond. is still pretty comical, I'd have to read a lot more before using it.:)

s_terry

Sweetg said:
I have quite a bit of Dominican products.

Leave ins:
I use and love Lacio Lacio and Salerms 21 (salerm been using since last summer) has protein

Deep conditioner:
Salerm Wheat Germ..this is the bomb...using since last summer

Other conditioners:
La Bomba
10 en 1
Silcon Mix

Rinse;
Capilo Honey and Milk

Treatment:
Biocomplex..now this made my hair super soft.

Sweet G, what exactly is this?

I use Salerm 21 both after washing and as a daily spritz with distilled water and glycerin. I also use The Garlic, Coconut, and Carrot conditioners from Alter Ego. Love them

Last edited:

winterinatl

All natural!
I use Salerm21 as leave in and as moisturizer, although as moisturizer on dry hair it works best for me mixed with equal parts humectress.

I enjoy Silicon Mix - I have had more slip with Aussie Moist, but Silicon smells good, and leaves my hair soft and shiny, and heavier kinda. That'd be the mineral oil affect, I bet.

I also have Star Lacio Lacio. That smells nice. It's much thinner that Salerm but is a nice leave in as well. I use it more in the summer, and if I know I'm going to wash again soon.

*Sigh* time to reorder.

Oh! Almost forgot Miss Key 10 en1. A gift from a hair board friend. I like this as a deep conditioner especialliy after towel blotting. Sometimes I get creative with this and make it a base conditioner and add oils, Silicon Mix, and other conditioners. But it works great on it's own. hth.

deltagyrl

Nacidit shampoo, rinse & conditioner are my staples. I still have NTM products so I use them from time to time in addition to my DP.

Now if I could just find a dominican leave in I'd be all set.....

Oh, and I don't think I'll EVER stop using my ORS replenishing packs....My hair LOVES this stuff!

sassyhair

I just ordered from jennifermd's site...I order the silk worm rinse, 12en 1 shampoo and conditioner and lacio lacio.

What should I try as a medium protein treatment...I have been mainly focusing on moisture. I do not want to try salerm wheat germ...any other recs?

sassyhair

I plan to do the same routine as jennifermd does. I will apply conditioner to my dry hair the day before the wash, let it sit over night, rinse then shampoo and then apply rinse comb through...while in the shower, do my other business and then rinse with cold water, lastly apply the leave-in on rung dry hair, no toweling.

mango387

sassyhair said:
I just ordered from jennifermd's site...I order the silk worm rinse, 12en 1 shampoo and conditioner and lacio lacio.

What should I try as a medium protein treatment...I have been mainly focusing on moisture. I do not want to try salerm wheat germ...any other recs?

What is her website? TIA

GoldenBreeze

delta_gyrl said:
Nacidit shampoo, rinse & conditioner are my staples. I still have NTM products so I use them from time to time in addition to my DP.

Now if I could just find a dominican leave in I'd be all set.....

Oh, and I don't think I'll EVER stop using my ORS replenishing packs....My hair LOVES this stuff!

Have you tried Nacidit's leave-in or Lacio Lacio? Maybe you would
like one of them.:)

graceomoge

Ms. Labett, what do you use the Praital for?
Great info, on what you use them for.. (purposes)...
Very helpful

amwcah

GoldenBreeze said:
I use Miss keys 10 En 1. I've been using it for almost a month. It leaves my hair VERY soft and moisturized.

ETA: Oh snap!! How could I forget my Praital's Silk Worm Rinse. This stuff is the truth. It leaves my hair as soft as a baby's bottom. I've been using it for about 6 - 7 months.
I have Praital's Silk Worm Shampoo, Silk Worm Rinse, and Moisturizing Creme. I certainly did not get the results everyone else did. My hair wasn't free of tangles until I applied several other conditioners and then finally the Moisturizing Creme. :(

LABETT

graceomoge said:
Ms. Labett, what do you use the Praital for?
Great info, on what you use them for.. (purposes)...
Very helpful

I use it for co washes and detangling after using certain protein tx when my hair still feels a little hard.

Dare~to~Dream

I've used Salerm 21 in the past. I recently ordered several products from two different sites/vendors. I have yet to try them all (Praital, Nacidit, Lady Fior, Garlic Oil).

GoldenBreeze

amwcah said:
I have Praital's Silk Worm Shampoo, Silk Worm Rinse, and Moisturizing Creme. I certainly did not get the results everyone else did. My hair wasn't free of tangles until I applied several other conditioners and then finally the Moisturizing Creme. :(

Sorry Praital isn't working well for you. Believe me, not everyone gets these results. There are enough Dominician prods. to try. You might get better results with one of the others.:)

Brownie518

I just started using Domincan products about two months ago, thanks to the Forum. I absolutely love Salerm 21, Silicon Mix, the Silicon Mix leave in, and Miss Keys 10 en 1. I use all of these regularly. I just found a BSS in my area that has just about every Dominican product money can buy!! I stopped in to check it out and got the Praital Silk Worm Rinse. Can't wait to try it. I plan on going back on Thursday and tearing that place up :D !!! I can't wait. I already have a long list. I got rid of a lot of products that just didn't work for me so now I can replace them. PJs of America unite!!!!! ;)

locoabouthair

I use nacidit avocado rinse ( a must for detangling this mane!), I use pratial silk worm rinse (also detangles), miss key 10 in 1, silicon mix (I alternate these).
I also have been using Rivas honey and watermelon poo and conditioner. I won't be buying the poo once it is gone though.

csmoot

I use all the Alter Ego products. The garlic conditioner is amazing but the Linseed Oil shampoo anc conditioner is just OK. I am thinking about switching to Kera Care shampoo and conditioner. I purchased some the other day online and waiting for all the products to come in.

peacelove

Lusa said:
I noticed a lot of people have listed Salerm. Is this considered a dominican product even though it's made in Spain? I might just be a dumb dumb ;)

Not sure if this was answered already, but most people I think when referring to dominican products are talking about products that are popular in dominican salons, weather they are made in the DR or not. Alter Ego is another example. If I am not mistaken, it comes from Italy. Hope that helps. :)

Cleve_gryl

Question for you that use Silicon Mix and 10 en 1. Which one do you feel is more moisturizing? Or do you have another product that you feel does the trick? I really love the silicon, which lays my ng down but don't always feel so moisturized.

mturner0516

I use both, and i don't think either is moisturizing, they both detangle and lay down new growth. I usually mix my silicone mix with jojoba oil, and it works pretty well.