Partial or Whole DOMINICAN Regimens

Partial or Whole Dominican Product Regimens?

• I use ENTIRELY Dominican Products

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • I use SOME Dominican Products

Votes: 323 62.6%
  • I use NO Dominican Products

Votes: 170 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chayil0427

Hey ladies... I was wondering foremost if anyone uses entirely dominican products in their regimens. If so, what do you use, how long have you used it, and how has it worked for you.

For those who just use dominican products as part of the regimen, please say so, what you use, how long you've used it, and how it has worked for you.

Last edited:

sexyaqr

I only use some of their products from time to time but for 2007, I am hoping to use all of their products. Nexxus doesn't seem to be doing it for me as before.

I use Miel y Almendras(honey and almonds) conditioner when I am looking for extreme moisture and shine from time to time. Hate the smell though.

And I also use Miss Key 10 en 1.Love this.

I have a Dominican friend with mid back healthy hair and she only uses Dominican products and she has been recommending her hair products.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I use Miss Key 10 en 1 as a deep conditioner. I've only recently started using it and must say its the BOMB. It left my hair so soft I couldn't believe it

chayil0427

Thanks for voting ladies, but please post which products you use, how long you've used them, and what they've done for you so others can learn more about dom-prods.;)

Chayil

GoldenBreeze

I use Miss keys 10 En 1. I've been using it for almost a month. It leaves my hair VERY soft and moisturized.

ETA: Oh snap!! How could I forget my Praital's Silk Worm Rinse. This stuff is the truth. It leaves my hair as soft as a baby's bottom. I've been using it for about 6 - 7 months.

Last edited:

cicilypayne

I've used Miss Key 12 en 1 and La Bomba and Silcone Mix and Salerem 21. I love Silicone Mix and pre poo with it on my moisturizer days. I am on the PJ use up your stuff challenge so I will finish with La Bomba its a good med protein but I got othe stuff that I like better, Miss Key 12 en 1 and 10 en 1 are good but I got to control my PJ habit and stop switching my regimen up so much. I have to order more Salerem its great but I can't find it locally here in Miami, I will always use and recommend this product especially for children its makes hair so soft. Side note Salerem is used by Domincan shops but its really a product from Spain.

Mom23

I use Silicon Mix, Salerem 21, and Torque Emergencia, I have been using all of them for about 6 months. I love all of them. I use the Salerem 21 with B5 and It leaves my hair nice, soft and moisturized when I air dry. The Silicon Mix and the Torque Emergencia, leave my hair soft and easy to detangle. I will continue to use all of these. I just got some Miss Key's 10 in 1 last week and haven't tried it yet. :)

buttaflye03

I use Alter Ego which is an Italian product but heavily used by the Dominicans here. The first pic is their Energizing and Rebalancing Cream which I use as a leave in sometimes at home. My salon uses this all the time. Next is the Curativ Ego Cren drops which is also a leave-in. It's supposed to be good for hair breakage (and prevention of). I take this with me to the salon but never after a relaxer! Next is my baby daddy Silicon Mix. This is my conditioner. Provides lots of slip for me and leaves my hair soft and smelling great. My salon doesn't carry this so I've started taking it with me. Last is Salerm 21 which is a great leave-in for soft, shiny hair. It contains silk protein.

Also, I have tried and liked many Dominican conditioners over the years like Avocado, Olive Oil, Honey&Almonds, Aloe, etc. I really can't go wrong with any of them. When I wasn't taking my Silicon Mix I would ask for a conditioner mixture that my hairdresser would prepare and place in the fridge. It's cold as hell but worked beautifully.:)

taraglam2

I use products that Dominicans use a lot as well---Salerm 21, Salerm Protein Shampoo and Salerm Protein Conditioner as well as Salerm Wheat Germ Mask. Once I use up the tons of products I currently have I may go to a Whole Dominican Regimen.

janeemat

I just started using the following a month ago in my rotation. Usually Wed wash. Aceite de Oilva Leave In, Aceite de Oliva Cond, 10 en 1, Lacio Lacio and Silicon Mix. I have been using the Aceite de Oliva Cond on Friday nights on my dry hair overnight as pre-poo. My ng has been nice and soft. I do like the Dominican products, so I'll just keep them in the rotation with my staples.

santia

My winter routine is strictly through a Dominican salon. My choice through them is Alter Ego from beginning to end.
During the summer I wear my hair curly so I'll pretty much use other products.

e$h

I just added a few Dominican products into my regimen just recently when Hareitiz (not sure of the spelling) started the thread on the buy one get one free sale on sickbay. So that's been about...a month and a 1/2 (I think.) I've been using Lacio Lacio (love it) on wet and/or dry hair. Silicon Mix is cool. I don't get the slip that everyone raves about but the smell is niiice. I also have capilo milk and honey rinse. I don't like this at all. It left my hair feeling stripped for some odd reason. The detangling process was actually more difficult than ever. It wasn't extremely bad, but it wasn't great either.

SpiritJunkie

I have quite a bit of Dominican products.

Leave ins:
I use and love Lacio Lacio and Salerms 21 (salerm been using since last summer) has protein

Deep conditioner:
Salerm Wheat Germ..this is the bomb...using since last summer

Other conditioners:
La Bomba
10 en 1
Silcon Mix

Rinse;
Capilo Honey and Milk

Treatment:
Biocomplex..now this made my hair super soft.

Lusa

I noticed a lot of people have listed Salerm. Is this considered a dominican product even though it's made in Spain? I might just be a dumb dumb ;)

JustKiya

Two questions
1) Where do ya'll buy this stuff?
2) Does everything have silicones in it?

Thankee!

Iansan

I love and use Lacio Lacio, Salerm 21, and Crema Negra (great product stops breakage/shedding in its tracks).

buttaflye03

nappywomyn said:
Two questions

Thankee!

To answer your first question, I don't know where you live but where I'm at I can find these products very easily at any local BSS. Also some Dominican salons sell these products as well. I know that you can find most at www.ibeautyny.com

HTH!

scribblescrabble2

nappywomyn said:
Two questions

Thankee!

I bought mine from sickbay.biz

I use Crom emergencia and if my memory serves it has no silicone, but it does have "mineral oils". I don't have the ingredients right in front of me though.

LABETT

I have a lot of Dominican products but I use them exclusively.
I have been using them for about 3 years.
Lacio Lacio mostly for wraps and rollersets.
Salerm 21 for airdrying.
Sole & Cinnamon to tighten my scalp.
Silicon Mix and Salerm 21 Wheat Germ for Deep Conditioning
Nutrine Garlic poo and conditioner for shedding
Alter Ego Hot Oil Tx occasionally
Praital and Sole & Cinnamon Rinses are my favorites.

miracle

The only conditioners in my regimen are Dominican conditioners. (I'm embarassed to admit how many I have :lol: ) I love mixing them together and making a nice treat for my hair! :yep:

scribblescrabble2

GoldenBreeze said:
I think that is a new one. Can't be any more odd than the Whale Sperm one; which is actually the oil from a Sperm Whale. :D

Atleast sperm whale oil has a history of being used in beauty products.

What is snail slime supposed to do? :confused:

GoldenBreeze

scribblescrabble2 said:
Atleast sperm whale oil has a history of being used in beauty products.

What is snail slime supposed to do? :confused:

LOL I don't know, but I sure will look it up if I decide to try it.;)

ETA: Just did a "quick" search. It seems it is a protein, and has
antimicrobial properties on the skin.

Last edited:

RubyWoo

I use Lacio Lacio and Salerm 21 as leave-in conditioners. I :love: them. I just started using Lacio Lacio 2 weeks ago and has become a staple. It leaves my hair feeling soo soft, smooth and silky.

I just started using Salerm 21 this week and I love it as well. That also has become a staple. It doesn't smell as good as Lacio Lacio imo but it also makes my hair soft, and silky.

My hair feel soo different from using these products and I'll be using them as my staple leave-ins from now on. They totally straighten out my hair and my frizzies are non-existent. I use these products when I airdry. If I use a hair dryer again in the future, I plan to use these products as well.

I also have Silcone Mix that I haven't used yet but will be using next week.