Official Bra-Strap By 2006 Thread!

I'm in!! My hair is just past my neck touching the top of my back. I'm aiming for shoulder length by mid 2005 & bra-strap by mid 2006.

My current regimen:
Wash every 5 days
Exercise 5x a week
Water, water & more water
relax every 10 weeks
minimal heat
Vitamins: Evening Primrose Oil, Centrum, B-complex & Flax Seed Oil

Hi there- I am in on this Challenge. /images/graemlins/clap.gif I am new... But I have been unknowingly doing a "bun challenge" since last year when I started training for my first marathon. I have relaxed 4a/b hair and I routinely get touch-ups every 10 weeks or so.
I run approximately 5 days a week , so I had to start washing my hair daily and adding humectress and gel as a leave-in after the wash. I would throw it into a bun and let it air-dry throughout the day while at work. Well at that time my hair was at the back of my neck- not even shoulder length. /images/graemlins/cry3.gif With the frequent washing and moisturizing, my hair finally stopped breaking/images/graemlins/clap.gif
I am quite sure if I keep this up , my hair willreach bra-strap by the middle of next year!!! You all are remarkable women...I thank God for this forum!! /images/graemlins/angel.gif

I'll join this challenge, too! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm just below shoulder length now, so I should be at bra strap by January '06.

I'm going to focus on using protective styles, and eliminating ALL heat. I've been nearly heat free, but I still use the ceramic curling iron when I wear my hair down (once or twice a week, on average). BUT, if I only use protective styles, I won't need heat, lol.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'll join this challenge, too! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm just below shoulder length now, so I should be at bra strap by January '06.

I'm going to focus on using protective styles, and eliminating ALL heat. I've been nearly heat free, but I still use the ceramic curling iron when I wear my hair down (once or twice a week, on average). BUT, if I only use protective styles, I won't need heat, lol.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Great! We're glad to have you! Keep up with those protective styles! I heard the bun thing works well!

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, ladies, so what are we gonna do to achieve this goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sleeping in a plastic cap @ night...
Drinking more water...
Re-starting my daily scalp massages...
Taking my vitamins every night...
CO-Washing every day....
Eating healthy and working out...but that is more for my over all health...I'm sure that my hair will reap the benefits also. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, ladies, so what are we gonna do to achieve this goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sleeping in a plastic cap @ night...
Drinking more water...
Re-starting my daily scalp massages...
Taking my vitamins every night...
CO-Washing every day....
Eating healthy and working out...but that is more for my over all health...I'm sure that my hair will reap the benefits also. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds great to me!

My plan:

Braids
Moisture, Moisture, Moisture
Drink more water
Massage my front edges (it's so thin, and Surge irritates my scalp)
Oh yeah, exercise!

I'm in!!!
/images/graemlins/clap.gif I want a blunt bra strap cut by 2006
I'm going to keep trimming my ends until it's all one length to my shoulders and then letting it grow freely using protective styles, taking my vits, drinking more water, deep conditioning more often and as always, stretching my relaxers(texturizer) for4 or more months at a time.

I'm in!!!
I'm going to keep trimming my ends until it's all one length to my shoulders and then letting it grow freely using protective styles, taking my vits, drinking more water, deep conditioning more often and as always, stretching my relaxers(texturizer) for4 or more months at a time.

I'm in!!!

Naptrl, thanks for mentioning Den1's "no measuring until April" challenge. I forgot that I was in that one, lol.

All Right Miz Avalon!! You can't be forgettin the challenges you're on!! That should be a pretty easy one, though!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am so in and so excited. I'm only midneck right now but I'm confident that I can at least reach very near brastrap by 2006. Also, I'm a very petite woman so an inch of hair goes a long way for me (lol). Here's my plan and I'm sticking to it:

Salon treatments every 2-3 weeks till my hair is repaired.
Retouches between 8-10 weeks.
Trim with retouches as necessary to remove damaged hair
Wash every 3-4days, airdry and wrap
Capilong everynight
Wrap and tie everynight
No heat except for special occasions and deep conditioning
prenatal vitamins everyday

Can't wait till 2006

I'm shooting for thick healthy all one length hair by 1/1/06, kind of like my avatar, only a few inches shorter. Starting at uneven but I believe healthy (if not I'm close) shoulder length hair.

Routine:

Cornrows
Wash weekly with the entire Nioxin Bionutrient line w/follicle booster (may change if the flakes never cease)
Surge twice a day
Sta Sof Fro
Capilong phase one then two nightly once it arrives
Virgin Hair Fertilizer (to seal in all of this moisture)
Plastic Cap after applying my moisture mix
Scalp massages
Higher protein intake
Vitamins for hair and enzymes
Minimal heat (mainly just for progress shirt)
Trim splits with a cut when I reach my goal

I'm in. Hopefully this thread can stay on top. At the beginning of my journey I had a Halle type cut. Then when I really started gaging, I was at the top of my neck with it closly tapered underneath. That was last December 2003. Now in the back, I am at the bottom of my neck barely gracing the top of my back. The sides are still at the end of my chin because of the color and trims.

I'm in.2006 Bra Strap Challenger. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

I am so in! I don't know how many inches until I reach bra-strap, but whatever it is, it sure as heck better reach by 2006 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I want my hair bra-strap by JULY 2006! Here's my inspiration pic:
70523769.jpg
70523774.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
I am so in and so excited. I'm only midneck right now but I'm confident that I can at least reach very near brastrap by 2006. Also, I'm a very petite woman so an inch of hair goes a long way for me (lol). Here's my plan and I'm sticking to it:

Salon treatments every 2-3 weeks till my hair is repaired.
Retouches between 8-10 weeks.
Trim with retouches as necessary to remove damaged hair
Wash every 3-4days, airdry and wrap
Capilong everynight
Wrap and tie everynight
No heat except for special occasions and deep conditioning
prenatal vitamins everyday

Can't wait till 2006

[/ QUOTE ]
Prenatal vitamins?? Are you preggo?

Okay this is my plan

Carrot juice challenge- 2 oz a day
2 L of water daily
vitamins- biotin, Msm, GNC HSN
Surge 2x a day(YES I decided to try surge and so far no problems!!)
Sta sof fro- for moisture
Cornrows- every 3 weeks
Protein treatment - every six weeks
Exercise 3-4X a week
Sleep with cap on

And I' m a part of the consistency challenge to make sure that I follow through with all of this!!! LOL

The Plan:

CO every other day - wash in evening/let airdry
Surge 2x daily
Scalp massages daily
Vitamins daily
Nioxin Scalp Therapy conditioner w/CO - very stimulating
Add Apricot to Surge Woojee to counteract the Mineral Oil
Use Profectiv Mega Growth Daily
No Heat
Wear protective styles 24/7

i definitely want in on this challenge--did anyone clarify whether BSL means stretched or unstretched? as you can see in my sig, BSL stretched is my first goal, but unstretched my second (both measured while hair is curly).

p.s. congrats crazyabouthair!

Count me in on this one. I am hoping to be brastrap by January 2006. My ideal would be all one length but my stylist thinks that layers look best on me.

My last touch up was July 24th and I let her cut layers into my hair (silly me, i just cut the layers out of my hair in January of this year).

I liked the look but I find myself longing for the blunt look again. I should of taken a picture of my last touch up but I never got around to it. Now when I look in my album I see my april 24th touch up where my hair was all one length.

I wish I had a picture of the layered style from the july touch up so I could compare. (mental note....take pics after touch ups).

My next touch up is Nov 6th (should have been Oct. 24 but I'm busy all this week and next).

Good luck on your journey ladies!!!

I'm in also. I will do the following:

Shampoo once a week
Deep Condition after every wash
Do protein treatments every 4 weeks
Relax every 8-11 weeks
Drink at least a glass of water per day (I hate water)
Take my vits (One-a-day)
Moisturise daily
Wrap every night

I think that's it for the moment.

Back