Fooled by the Bra-Strap!

MizaniMami said:
I hate to be rude but I see people with their bra's all up in their shoulder blade and I'm like "is that really how you wear your bra's"

Yeah, some people really need to reconsider their BSL bras

I've noticed that too! The way some of the bras here fit, they're fitted so high....maybe if I hitch my bra strap higher, then I'll be BSL, too! :lol:

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
Maybe this chart can help a few folks (taken from another board)

measurements9gn.jpg

So, judging from this pic, brastrap is by the nipple and mid back is under the breast? In that case I know some people who will take a lifetime to ever make bra-strap cause their breast hang down to there.

sweetcashew said:
So, judging from this pic, brastrap is by the nipple and mid back is under the breast? In that case I know some people who will take a lifetime to ever make bra-strap cause their breast hang down to there.
:lol: I was thinking the same thing! :lachen:

sweetcashew said:

In that case you need to push them up to their original position and then measure!:lol:

I feel ya!
I was definitely fooled by my bra in the beginning. There I was getting all excited then realized when I was calling myself BSL in 2004 it was in a very high bra. Eventually I started using the same bra to measure (a lower one) but all my bras fit high on me :( so I guess I'm probably still not technically BSL even though I reached it in my low bra last year:ohwell: . So I guess I'm still being fooled (although I'm not sure- it's right underneath my shoulder blades)! But it keeps me positive!

sylver2 said:
me to girl..me too..lol

:lachen::lachen: I'm trying to hold it in myself. I don't want my co-workers thinking I crazy!

I know I have a long way to go like Denim and Leather. I'm 5'8 with a long neck and torso as well, so I'm in it for the long haul.

Ah, THAT'S the chart I've heard mentioned before! I've read where people were trying to find "the chart with all the detailed lengths" but I had never seen it. :up:

Yeah, I never tried to measure BSL according to a specific bra because they do all fit differently. I just decided on an good "representative" level to consider bsl, which, as it turns out, is the same level shown on this chart. In the end there is a specific overall look that comes to mind when I hear "bsl" or "wsl" or whatever, and that really has more to do with what level your hair is at compared to the length of your body, not necessarily where your brastrap actually sits.

JewelleNY said:
hahahaha, you guys are funny!!! I use ony one bra to measure my hair b/c I know all of my bras fit differently. This way I can really derterimin how much growth I've attained:)
Me too, I just keep this bra for measuring so I know for sure I've made progress b/c I can't use the tape measure it drives me nuts.

BlackCardinal said:
In the end there is a specific overall look that comes to mind when I hear "bsl" or "wsl" or whatever, and that really has more to do with what level your hair is at compared to the length of your body, not necessarily where your brastrap actually sits.

:yep: this is how I've viewed it too.

alexstin said:
In that case you need to push them up to their original position and then measure!:lol:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: bwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

So based on the new standardized chart, when my hair is straightend it reaches my nipples which confirms that I am brastrap. :grin: becuase I too would be confused when I tried on different bras and my hair hit different parts.

I guess my ultimate length I'm going for is mid-back which is right underneath the boobie.

Now it all makes sense.

***Disclaimer: The pic below was taken a few months ago, I've had a touch up since then. Don't want ya'll thinkin I'm delusional.***

Last edited:
My bras lay very low. So I am going to measure using a tape measure. By the time my hair reaches my bra it will be mid back.

punchinella said:
My bras lay very low. So I am going to measure using a tape measure. By the time my hair reaches my bra it will be mid back.

That's how I am too. Brastrap=midback...and about three inches lower is waist

I always used SBL (Shoulder Blade Length) to measure where I want my hair to be. Why isn't SBL an official measurement used ? (I did not refer to the chart someone posted) so I don't know if it is mentioned.

anky said:
all my bra clasps are low so I don't even bother, anymore. I look in the mirror and get depressed :lol:

I wear my bra low too....shoot, it's dang near my waistline:lachen: .

I'd like to see the chart as well. I'm on the pop your brastrap challenge and I'm not sure how to measure myself because all my bras fit different. I think the person that posted that 4 inches from the underarm is brastrap is a pretty accurate measurement . So should I just use the same bra or use a tape measure?

Last edited:
Is this the pic everyone is after?

ETA: I didn't create this diagram, not sure who did. It was just saved on my computer from a previous thread.

Attachments

• hair_length_pic.jpg
    hair_length_pic.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back