Nupur 100% Natural Mehendi - Anyone heard of it?

mezzogirl

That's it... the good stuff :yep:

It's henna including the above ingredients. Mehendi is the application of henna. Sometimes I mix it with conditioner and coconut oil....or water and oil. Depends on my mood.

Thank you. I just ordered six bags of this from Amazon.com and worried that it didn't say henna. So Mehendi means "the application of henna"? What a relief. :look:

JJamiah

Thank you. I just ordered six bags of this from Amazon.com and worried that it didn't say henna. So Mehendi means "the application of henna"? What a relief. :look:

@Messogirl, This is really good stuff. I just used it last week and only mixed it with black tea and vatika oil and what amazing results I got. :)

reeko43

When I first started using henna in January, I was using Jamilla 2010 crop. I liked because I had nothing to compare it to. I then tried Karishma but couldn't stand the pebbles and twigs. I now use Nupur and I love it! It covers my gray and my hair feels better afterwards than when I used the other brands. The local Indian store sells it for $2.49.

BrooklynSouth

East Indian coworker suggested I not use oil in my mix anymore as she said the color will not hold as long with oil. I have been applying it to dry hair. Bought lots of NUPUR this weekend after using AFSHAM{GOOD coverage but silvers were bright orange} and then NAAJO-a customer buying told me to try it{took forever to rinse out all traces! I do love the copperish tones.}Next will be NUPUR-bought many bags of it to try.
I'm wondering as NUPUR has amla already, is it really necessary to add an acid ?

Platinum

East Indian coworker suggested I not use oil in my mix anymore as she said the color will not hold as long with oil. I have been applying it to dry hair. Bought lots of NUPUR this weekend after using AFSHAM{GOOD coverage but silvers were bright orange} and then NAAJO-a customer buying told me to try it{took forever to rinse out all traces! I do love the copperish tones.}Next will be NUPUR-bought many bags of it to try.
I'm wondering as NUPUR has amla already, is it really necessary to add an acid ?

I don't add any acids and I still have great results with Nupur.:yep:

nzeee

I don't add any acids and I still have great results with Nupur.:yep:

Platinum: :lachen: LOL!! 2yrs later you finally tried it! read the entire thread from when it started in 2008. you're funny. glad you liked it tho.

i'ma use mine tomorrow. i've taken a break from henna cuz it was making my 4a parts ugly (removed curlies :() but now that this one has amla in it already i'm all gungho. bought 11 bags from my local indian grocery :grin:

Henna Tuesday here i come! gonna go for weekly TX until i get my sew-in.

Platinum

Platinum: :lachen: LOL!! 2yrs later you finally tried it! read the entire thread from when it started in 2008. you're funny. glad you liked it tho.

i'ma use mine tomorrow. i've taken a break from henna cuz it was making my 4a parts ugly (removed curlies :() but now that this one has amla in it already i'm all gungho. bought 11 bags from my local indian grocery :grin:

Henna Tuesday here i come! gonna go for weekly TX until i get my sew-in.

nzeee I ended up trying it back in 2009, I guess I never posted my results in this thread.:ohwell: I know I've posted in one of the others. Atlanta JJ and I seemed to be on the same Henna schedule for a while-we would always do it on the same weekends.:lol: I really like it, it gives a nice color and rinses out easily. I haven't henna'd in a while, my schedule is pretty hectic. I might start back on Henna'ing at least once a month for strength. Let us know how it works for you.

Good luck!

Judwill07

I like the Nupur Mehendi.

My method:
I mixed the whole bag with 3 tsps olive oil, boil 16 ounces water and steeped 10 bags of black tea for an hour and mixed with the Henna.
Covered the mix and let it sit overnight and it turned out creamy and thick like yogurt or pudding.

I washed and lightly conditioned my hair the night before and sectioned into 8 twists to let air dry overnight. I applied the Henna the next day, leaving on for 4hrs and then rinsed.

My grey turned out redish (love it) and my hair looks dark brown/dark burgandy tones. I think the the strong tea helped tone down the red.

But this was my first Henna and I will repeat it again in two weeks.

I'm in Luv...:blowkiss: