Nupur 100% Natural Mehendi - Anyone heard of it?

I am fortunate enough to be able to buy Nupur Henna right off the shelf at my local Subzi Mandi Indian grocery store. I get the 200g pouch for about $3.29 or so...I really stock up too. YOu should see those indian women's faces when I'm there buying 6 and 7 pouches at a time :shock: Its kind of comical to tell the truth. They almost DON'T want to sell it to me.

September 11th - 2th Friday of the month....yahooooo :woot: NUPUR :love: heeeerrrrreeee I come !! :dance7:.............A G A I N :woot:

Ok. You ladies are so persuasive (stop twisting my arm :tantrum:, LOL) I just purchased 4 packs of Nupur so I can try it out. I had to use all of my Karishma Henna before buying anything else. I can't wait for it to come in.

:woot: :woot:

Girl, mark my words !! You will not be disappointed

...but if you are....PM me for my home address :hide:....LOL!

Thanks to all your fabulous reviews, I went ahead and tried it. I'm a former Reshma henna lover but I luv Nupur even more! It left my hair feeling soooo soft and conditioned and was a breeze to wash it out. Thanks ladies!

I'm going to do my first henna soon, so I picked this up at a local indian store. I talked to one of the Indian ladies there and Nupur is what she suggested. Besides the henna it has alma, brahmi and bhringraj in the mix as well. Just wanted to know if any of you LHCF'ers knew of the product or something similar. Thanks!

This is a pretty good henna in my opinion. It leaves a nice tint in the hair. I hadn't done much henna-ing for the simple fact that colder months generally don't yield to good dye release. Most hennas for me, in terms of color, work well in the summer. BUT they still give great conditioning even in the winter.

I'm going to do my first henna soon, so I picked this up at a local indian store. I talked to one of the Indian ladies there and Nupur is what she suggested. Besides the henna it has alma, brahmi and bhringraj in the mix as well. Just wanted to know if any of you LHCF'ers knew of the product or something similar. Thanks!

i use it and like the results

i forgot to mention i have to henna in my hair as we speak ... i havent used this kind in a couple of months so im excited now after reading all the replies. for my henna i keep it real simple
4 bags of raspberry pomegrante green tea
the whole package of henna
a little apple cider vinegar
32 oz of rose water
the color releases immediately and the consistency is like whipped potatoes... my head is so heavy right now....
but glad to see everyone having much success and love---like i do

It's been a while since I posted here...I had a MAJOR setback with my last touch up...and I had to wait a while before I could do any Ayurveda as I had intense scalp burns. It's been about a month now and I was given the OK to use my henna again.

I tell you, Nupur is the best (in my opinion) as I had no problem rinsing it out and my hair was so baby soft. The color did not release like normal (because of the weather change) but the conditioning aspect of it was super! After my encounter, I thik I may be relaxing once a year now...I will henna again in 2 weeks as I have catching up to do!

I found a site that sells it for $2.25 a pop with cheap shipping!! http://www.herbalhealthcarestore.com/

I just purchased 10 packs! See what you guys have started??

thanks for sharing this site. I tried Nupur last week and love the results. The other online retailer I bought my first batch from charges almost twice the price of the site you listed. I am going to buy ten. Now off to find a cheap place for indigo. Thanks

Wow!!! :wow: thanks for this. I have found NUPUR Henna to be the BEST henna on the planet for li'l ol' me!! YUP!:yep:

Been doing NUPUR faithfully every single month for over 18months now. I will never quit!:grin:

Bye...gotta go stock up.

bump!

The Godney nupur mehendi that I've found don't have henna. It has brahmi, shikakai, aloe vera, methl, bhringraj, amla, neem, hibiscus, jatamansi. It says that it darkens your hair. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. The directions say to just add water, but it doesn't say how much and oil for extra softness. I'm thinking I wash, use the napur, then condition? Or maybe add the conditioner to the napur

bump!

The Godney nupur mehendi that I've found don't have henna. It has brahmi, shikakai, aloe vera, methl, bhringraj, amla, neem, hibiscus, jatamansi. It says that it darkens your hair. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. The directions say to just add water, but it doesn't say how much and oil for extra softness. I'm thinking I wash, use the napur, then condition? Or maybe add the conditioner to the napur

It has henna in it and darkened my hair. I use apple cider vinegar in mine.I find it doesn't leave my hair as dry and condition afterwards. I normally let it stay in my hair 4-5 hours. Make sure you wear gloves. I learned that the hard way :wallbash:

bump!

That's it... the good stuff :yep:

It's henna including the above ingredients. Mehendi is the application of henna. Sometimes I mix it with conditioner and coconut oil....or water and oil. Depends on my mood.

41JWrw7yV6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
yup - that's my one-and-only. :yep::yep:

tri3nity,
I started off henna'ing 2x's per month. Now i faithfully henna monthly. So, the choice is yours.

thank you ladies so much! Now is this strictky for color or conditioning? The guy at the lil indian store made it seem like it's more for strengthening and conditioning.

It has henna in it and darkened my hair. I use apple cider vinegar in mine.I find it doesn't leave my hair as dry and condition afterwards. I normally let it stay in my hair 4-5 hours. Make sure you wear gloves. I learned that the hard way :wallbash:

so you shampoo, henna then deep condition?
what are your measurements of napur & water. Think i'll follow the directions before I get to experimenting. And what does the acv do? You too Baddison! What are your measurements?

I wanna try this henna so bad. When I saw the ingredients in it it peaked my interest but I didnt see anything about it on here . I usually use karishma henna and love it but if this stuff is as good as yall say it is i might have to try it out.

thank you ladies so much! Now is this strictky for color or conditioning? The guy at the lil indian store made it seem like it's more for strengthening and conditioning.

I use NUPUR for the strengthening of my hair and for the coloring. Its beautiful on my greys. I have been hennaing for so long that I really think I've reached my "saturation" level. I am not getting any darker color with the henna, since it has reached its darkest level. My greys are a beautiful auburnish/brownish/burgandyish color. Of course you really can't see it indoors, but in the bright sunlight its GORGEOUS. Folks ask me if I color my hair and I always say no...but I forget that henna gives color to. I'm only thinking about boxed colors...LOL!!

With the other ayurvedic powders and plants in the NUPUR brand henna, I get really strong hair. Henna reduces my shedding dramatically. My hair tends to have a healthier, shinier lustre even before I seal with oils. The benefits of this product are just so much. I will never give up NUPUR.

My current recipe is simple:
Henna
Amla oil
Coffee
AO white cameillia condish

Mix - Slap it in - go to bed!
Next morning, rinse, proceed with extrememly moisutrizing DC.
THATS IT...once per month.

Hope this helps.:yep:

I have definitely heard of Nupur Mehendhi, as well as a lot of other brands by private distributors. Haven't tried pure henna or cassia yet, but I use a lot of Ayurvedic oils and powders on my hair. The powders add a lot of strength, and I'm planning to try cassia later this summer. If I didn't already have color that says not to be used over hennaed hair, I'd use henna. I want to try an indigo blend so bad for that blacker than black color.

Thanks Baddison! What type of coffee and amla are you using? I've seen several brands and what are your measurements?
I use NUPUR for the strengthening of my hair and for the coloring. Its beautiful on my greys. I have been hennaing for so long that I really think I've reached my "saturation" level. I am not getting any darker color with the henna, since it has reached its darkest level. My greys are a beautiful auburnish/brownish/burgandyish color. Of course you really can't see it indoors, but in the bright sunlight its GORGEOUS. Folks ask me if I color my hair and I always say no...but I forget that henna gives color to. I'm only thinking about boxed colors...LOL!!

With the other ayurvedic powders and plants in the NUPUR brand henna, I get really strong hair. Henna reduces my shedding dramatically. My hair tends to have a healthier, shinier lustre even before I seal with oils. The benefits of this product are just so much. I will never give up NUPUR.

My current recipe is simple:
Henna
Amla oil
Coffee
AO white cameillia condish

Mix - Slap it in - go to bed!
Next morning, rinse, proceed with extrememly moisutrizing DC.
THATS IT...once per month.

Hope this helps.:yep:

so you shampoo, henna then deep condition?
what are your measurements of napur & water. Think i'll follow the directions before I get to experimenting. And what does the acv do? You too Baddison! What are your measurements?

I usually mix it up until its the consistency of yogurt. its much easier to put in my hair and doesn't run all over the place. I rinse the henna out with my conditioner. No shampoo. When I first used henna, I was told to use lemon juice. That left my hair very dry and I swore off henna for a couple of years. Then someone mentioned on this site about using acv to prevent the dryness that lemon juice leaves. It worked for me and my sister.

I usually mix it up until its the consistency of yogurt. its much easier to put in my hair and doesn't run all over the place. I rinse the henna out with my conditioner. No shampoo. When I first used henna, I was told to use lemon juice. That left my hair very dry and I swore off henna for a couple of years. Then someone mentioned on this site about using acv to prevent the dryness that lemon juice leaves. It worked for me and my sister.

you mix the acv in the henna or use it as a rinse? (sorry for all the questions) just wanna make sure I get this right.

To be honest I never measured. I use 2 pks of henna and maybe 1/8 to 1/4 cup acv. Just add it very slowly while you mix it.

Always leave mixed henna out. Never put it in the fridge. It needs the heat to activate the color. The warmer and better. But never put it in the oven or microwave.

Last edited:
Back