*OMG local henna is soooo much cheaper than online! I'm on it!*

peppers01

Thanks to the many ladies around here that have great results with using henna, I am officially on the ayurvedic band wagon. There was Indian grocery store near my job that I've been eyeing for a while. I finally went in today to find a shelf full on henna powder for waaaayyy cheaper than the online prices. I found the Shikakai for $1.49, the Alma for $2.29, and the brahmi for $1.29. With those prices, I'm ayurvedic for life! Any ladies in Houston, there are a couple of Indian stores on Hillcroft between Hwy 59 and Westheimer with good henna prices. Just thought I'd pass it on.

grnidmonster

I always wondered if the Hesh Henna in the Indian stores would work because it is less than 3.00 a box. I buy the shikaki, Bharami, Tulsi, Neem, Alma and coconut oil but, never the henna. I'm gonna give it a try.

qdeez21

Who are you telling!!! I got my henna for 1.79, all my ayurvedic powders for 2.99.....and my oils for under 5.00!!!!! Now how about that!!

msa

Who are you telling!!! I got my henna for 1.79, all my ayurvedic powders for 2.99.....and my oils for under 5.00!!!!! Now how about that!!

I see you're in Los Angeles...where'd you get your henna from?

qdeez21

Girl yes...I go to this place in Torrance off of Sepulveda/Hawthorne and in LA on Venice Blvd. There are lots of other places in the Los Angeles area...but my fav is the one in Torrance, they have a lot of goodies:)
Even there Shikakai soap is .99!!!!!!!:drunk:

qdeez21

Each box is 100 grams and lasts about a month(depending on how much use, I use mine 1x a week in pastes).....the shikakai soap even longer.....and the oil lasts forever!!

CurlyMoo

Each box is 100 grams and lasts about a month(depending on how much use, I use mine 1x a week in pastes).....the shikakai soap even longer.....and the oil lasts forever!!

Thank you, that's good to know. Does the henna wash out during each wash? I wash twice a week and during the summer 3x a week. Because I would like to use it to cover grays. Actually I would use the henna then indigo powder and the oils and everything else. I live far from the indian stores and I don't want frequent trips.

Also, I would like to get some blue/purple highlights going on midnight jet black hair. Is that possible with Henna/Indigo?

qdeez21

Thank you, that's good to know. Does the henna wash out during each wash? I wash twice a week and during the summer 3x a week. Because I would like to use it to cover grays. Actually I would use the henna then indigo powder and the oils and everything else. I live far from the indian stores and I don't want frequent trips.

Also, I would like to get some blue/purple highlights going on midnight jet black hair. Is that possible with Henna/Indigo?

Yes it washes out a little I washed three times before it stopped. I heard that when you use indigo also...it lasts longer. I henna'd last week and a little bled for 3 washes but the color is still there. In regards to you living far from Indain store....I dont know how much you ladies are spending online.....but I would think its worth it if you get a year supply of all your goodies. Maybe even call beforehand and get some price quotes....so you know if its worth the journey.