New Suave Almond and Shea Butter (compares to Aveda)

manie

Hey ladies... I have this and I so LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Its a cheapie but its amazing. Really moisturizes and when I had a few drop of raw shea butter oil and W-O-W. You can't go wrong with this one. I am about out of my supply but its a keeper for me.

belldandy

Aveda...did not like! spent almost 50 bucks in there. got like 2 uses out of what i bought...maybe i would like this better.

youwillrise

hmmm.

i bought this last night
and used it today.

i think i like it...we'll see how my hair feels tomorrow, though
my hair felt nice after i rinsed and it still feels pretty decent now

i dont usually like suave conditioners...so, it'll be nice if this one does the trick.

ycj1

Ladies you can also purchase this at Dollar General. I don't remember the cost but I have the 14.5 oz size which is a good amount as well. I really can't say how the con works cuz my hair is in yarn braids and it's a bit hard to tell but I just used the con this past Sunday.

Also, I do have and used the Aveda Damage Remedy and all I can say is I do love the Shampoo, not too much the con tho!

Just wanted to let you know about Dollar General:grin:

VirGoViXxEn

The PJ in me went and brought this. I paid $3.49 at Walgreens in NYC. Ill be cowashing this wekend. My Relaxed 4A hair loves almond and shea. Im excited. Ive been using something similar by Alter Ego for $20!!!

Day Dreamer

I recently got this and honestly i was not that impressed. My hair did not feel that much different and it actually felt stripped in certain parts like i had shampooed. Given all this I am willing to get it another shot just to see if it acts differently.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Well.... my hair loves shea butter conditioners, and I have been wet bunning lately. Just picked up a bottle from walmart for a CW. Even though I'm not very fond of CWs, I thought I'd give it a try. We'll see.

Lexib

Just picked some up today. I love my Aveda but at 26 bucks a bottle I could use an alternative. Not expecting much but worth a shot. :)

VirGoViXxEn

OK..I tried this last night as a prepoo and then cowashed with it in the morning. I love this conditioner!1!! It made 18 post 4a hair so soft and detangling was a breeze. This may have more slip than the silicon mix. This is definetely a keeper!!

DivaMommy

I purchased this recently, and it is a good co-wash conditioner. Lots of slip, smells nice, and cost effective. It will stay in rotation right now since my V05 has been pushed to the back of the cabinet. I co-wash a lot in the summer.

KnottyGurl

I saw this thread a few days ago. I forgot to post, but I went out and bought a bottle...okay a FEW bottles. I like it alot! I haven't used it enough to say I love it, but it is definitely a keeper. :yep: They sell the extra-large bottle for $3.50 at Walgreens, if you're interested. :look:

mccray689

I got this for $.50 at target so I picked up 2 of the shea and 2 of the rosemary mint. Can't beat a conditioner for $.50 :)

KnottyGurl

Update:

For the last post, I reported that I liked it. That time I completely rinsed the conditioner out (w/o thinking) but it still worked out ok. Recently, I just tried it again for a second time but remembered to half rinse it out. After, I added some butter creme, Fantasia IC, and braided it up for a braidout. I took it down the next morining and :shocked: My hair felt weave-soft :lol: and the braidout held up great. This is my new staple until the company discovers how well it works and discontinues it, like Surge. :lachen:

Now I just need to find the nearest Target and scoop up some $.50 bottles. :scratchch

Alta Angel

I used this last night as my prepoo and it completely detangled my hair, provided slip, and was an excellent moisturizer. I detangled my transitioning hair with a shower comb with complete ease. I currently use Suave Coconut as my cowash and prepoo condish, but this Suave Almond/Shea is now my top choice.

Tiye

hey yall!...im a lurker finally coming out again...haha...

But if this is a re-post..sorry..but I searched and didn't find anything....

But I wanted to see if any of yall tried Suave's new Shampoo and Conditioner??????????????

Its called Almond and Shea Butter...and they say it moisturizes as well as Aveda (picture attached)...there's also a Rosemary and Mint Shampoo and Cond....but I didnt pick those up.

I have 32oz of both the Almond and Shea........
I found mines in Walmart...

anyone????

I know my Aveda shampoos and conditioners well. They do not have an almond/shea product so not sure where the comparison is. As for the rosemary/mint the aveda rosemary mint is the least moisturizing of their conditioners - it leaves that annoying waxy feeling after it dries. The shampoo is good for clarifying but most of the time I end up using it as bath gel. Now if suave comes up with something that's comparable to shampure (my staple) or sap moss (unfortunately discontinued) then we'll be talking!

equestrian

My stylist used this on my hair at the salon and it came .out amazing. I just bought a bottle from rite aid and plan to cowash with it. we'll see how it holds up when I airdry

SunySydeofLyfe

I had to have it! The commercials had me, I am in love, It made my hair super soft and easy to detangle. I think it will be my cowash product fa sho!!! I shampood with it and ran the conditioner thru and rinsed, applied my leave it and tied my scarf on super moisterized soft hair this AM!

Angelicus

Hello. I just bought this conditioner because the bottle looked so cool. I also liked the smell (Yes, I sniff at Walgreens). I was kinda scared of the cones but I use shampoo all the time-- no worries.

I've been looking like Miss Celie for the past few days. My hair was very dry and kept breaking at the nape. I was in need of some moisture. I shampooed with Suave Clarifying (good stuff by the way) and used the Suave Almond and Shea Butter conditioner. Slip. Shine... even used it as a leave-in. It was very easy to go through my Celie type hair with this stuff. I'm under the dryer right now with my huge rollers and can't wait to see how my hair turns out.

Bluetopia

I tried this, and it was just okay. I'll stick to my Aveda.

Yeah. For whatever reason my hair doesn't love it anywhere near as much as the Aveda Dry Rememdy it's supposed to be mimicking. Which is too bad because my hair LOVES Dry Remedy :lick:

NYAmicas

Seeker
Wow, I've passed up this conditioner time and again because the outside of the container always looked cheesy. If it's providing all that slip then I need to buy it quick!