New Suave Almond and Shea Butter (compares to Aveda)

Geminigirl

LadyP why don't you like WM?

I am going to try this but only cause it has a pump. They should make all condish's this way or atleast like the Aussie Moist 3 minute miracles, it would be so much easier this way.

4evershika

I bought it and I liked it well enough... I used it as a co-wash but I've only used it once so I can't really make my verdict until I use it a few more times... I LOVE the smell tho...

kim

I also saw the rosemary mint and aloe&ginseng and one other(I think) has anyone used any of these? If so, how did you like them? I'm going to buy a few more of the almond & shea.

doll-baby

I tried this conditioner tonight on my daughter's hair and I am very, very impressed ! Her hair does not stay moisturized for anything but after using this conditioner her hair was super soft ! Definitely a great buy !

mango387

I purchased some, but I haven't tried it yet. Is this comparable to Suave's Milk and Honey Conditioner (OLD SCHOOL!!!)

Bettina

I used some of this conditioner in my weave--Brazilian wave and it detangles like a dream! this keeps my hair soft without that whistish buildup.

yora88

I bought this because it smelled yummy, and it was a total fail for my relaxed hair. It did not leave my hair moisturized, nor did it provide me with great slip. I will be sticking to my
ol' faithfuls, VO5 and Dove conditioner.

HeavenlySkies

The almond shampoo (with sulfates) made my hair lie flat in the shower I could actually feel my scalp after I was like WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sulfates here I come...conditioner was cool I guess but I was more impressed by the shampoo melting my knots and tangles sooo I'm going to try the mint one tonight conditioner only and see how that goes but I'm thinking this is going to be my new staple.

Truth

eh..this conditioner was horrible until I added honey and olive oil to it.. needless to say after this bottle finishes..I will not be purchasing it again...

tkj25

suave almond & shea butter conditioner -- bought this. loved it! :grin::grin::grin: it's definitely comparable to aveda drm, & about $20 less ... a true step in the right direction.

angellike

i like all three conditioners i mean 3 bucks for 32 oz, makes my hair soft, I mean not out of this world but way better than some other very expensive products i've tried

filthyfresh

I tried the Almond & Shea Butter conditioner. Aveda never really got along with my hair, so yeah...But I digress. When I used the Suave, my tangles melted like butter. I had really great slip. My coils popped pretty nicely. I used some KCCC right after but my hair was still manageable & soft afterwards. I like the smell. It's much thicker than the other Suave Naturals. I find myself using 2-3 handfuls of the Suave Naturals compared to 1 handful of the Almond & Shea Butter. I'll definitely be buying this again.

LadyRaider

I have used the Suave Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner twice. I really like it.

The shampoo is great. It did not leave my hair feeling stripped. Then I did a 2 min Aphogee treatment before I used the conditioner.

Of course it is not a deep conditioner, but it worked really well as I combed my hair when it was in. I like the mint tingle and smell though the tingle is nothing like the Aura version you get form Sally's.

When I washed it out, it did not stay with my hair as well as Silicon Mix or ORS. But my hair still felt reasonably good.

I will definitely keep using it. I haven't tried the almond version yet.

healthyhair2

I personally liked this and I am almost 6 months post relaxer!!! The Shea and Almond has some nice ingredients and it made my hair feel soft. I used it after I got out of the pool. First ,I shampood with Abba Molasses Purifier then rinsed very well and applied the Shea Almond Condish. The Condish was nice and thick and detangled well. I would definitely buy this again.

kim

i like all three conditioners i mean 3 bucks for 32 oz, makes my hair soft, I mean not out of this world but way better than some other very expensive products i've tried

I agree! I rarely buy a expensive product that I actually really like. They usually just end up being"OK", but not really worth the price. You can not beat $3 for 32oz, and it does what it is suppose to!!!

jada1111

Love this shampoo and conditioner with a passion! It's cheap - $3.35 for 32 oz!!

The shampoo is moisturizing and cleans my hair. The conditioner is super emollient and I have no problems with detangling. I don't use any as a leave-in, because my hair would STAY weighed down.

I haven't found a good cheapie conditioner like this in a long time.

My second cheap drugstore face Hello Hydration Coconut Conditioner. I've used it as a leave-in too.

Now, let's see how long this new Suave aveda knockoff stays on the market.

2inspireU

Okay I bought this yesterday and cowashed my hair today. I love the smell of it and how thick it is. My hair feels great, but I will wait until I have used this for a month before I say officially that this will become my staple conditioner for cowashing. I also like the Tresseme Natural Conditioner that is silicone free, but Suave is cheaper so if in a month my hair still agrees with it, Suave it will be. I'll still use my AO conditioners for deep conditioning because nothing beats those conditioners, but they cost too much for me to cowash with.

Filmatic

I tried the Rosemary Mint first. I hated the smell and my hair hated it. It left my hair feeling stripped. I has to add some MSM to it and oils.

After I finished I finally found the Almond and woo does my hair like it. And usually my hair hates shea butter. It loves this so I will be stocking up.

danigurl18

I bought the rosemary one last night at Walgreens and used it this morning.. absolutely amazing! Very soft and lots of slip! The only problem is that it didn't define my curls too much so I'll have to use some aloe afterwards but it's a definate keeper :)

Filmatic

The only Walmart here that I know carries it has raised the price. I guess since it was flying off the shelves they decided to take advantage. They're going to have me buy in bulk from somewhere else.

The Princess

I used the conditioner twice and I really like how well it moisturizes my hair. Even days after, my hair is still soft to the touch. I also like the contigency of it too. I went out and bought another one. Suave and V05 conditioners are okay with me. Overall great conditioner. It does what it says-Moisturizes.