New Suave Almond and Shea Butter (compares to Aveda)

USCgirl08

hey yall!...im a lurker finally coming out again...haha...

But if this is a re-post..sorry..but I searched and didn't find anything....

But I wanted to see if any of yall tried Suave's new Shampoo and Conditioner??????????????

Its called Almond and Shea Butter...and they say it moisturizes as well as Aveda (picture attached)...there's also a Rosemary and Mint Shampoo and Cond....but I didnt pick those up.

I have 32oz of both the Almond and Shea........
I found mines in Walmart...

anyone????

Attachments

• 31HjvP98XML._SS500_.jpg
    31HjvP98XML._SS500_.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 443

Brittanie87

I have the 32 oz. pump bottle of the conditioner. I also saw the rosemary but I liked the almond smell better. It worked great on my hair, but I've never tried the Aveda Dry before. But for only $3 I had to get it...even though I now have about 25 bottles of conditoner :look:.

songbyrd517

Ahhh... thanks for feeding my PJism.

I will be getting some today - I am already addicted to the Suave Humectant!!!

ETA: Can't try it right away because I just washed my hair Saturday. But I will post a review after my next wash, so we can compare notes :grin:

Last edited:

SiobhanM

Please keep us posted!
It may actually be a good dupe the others were.
The redken dupe left my hair dry and stripped (same as the real) along with the nexxus dupe. (same as the real)
I havent tried the actually aveda so if the real thing is a good moisturizing conditioner i SURE HOPE the dupe is. Im strapped for cash lol

Avyn

I'm a new suave addict. I love the cherry blossom conditioner. I may have to make this my next purchase.

LynnieB

I made a post in one of the 2010 likes/dislikes threads that I'd gotten a free bottle of this stuff, tried it and liked it pretty good.

I know nothing about Aveda products though. I'd like to try the condish next.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Yep!!! I use it to cowash and as a conditioner on my DD. It's super thick! I have the big pump bottle of this one and the Rosemary Mint. I had to take the pump off to get enough out to use. It worked well on DD's natural super coily hair. Easy to detangle and moist. I bet it would be great with heat. I'm washing my little cousin's hair today and I'll try it as a DC with heat.

ConvolutedCurly

i'd been looking for those all week.
untill i went to walmart last night and they were out in the middle of the floor on display.
i was sooooo excited.lol.
i only picked up the shea & almond shampoo and conditioner though.
i'll try the rosemary one day...lol.
i haven't used them yet, nor the aveda,but they do have a nice smell.
i can't wait for wash day!!!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

For the price I may give this a try and the rosemary one too, atleast for co washing in the summer if nothing else. Hopefully they smell good. I own so many darn co washing conditioners and summer isn't even here yet, LOL.

Brittanie87

Can someone list the ingredients for the poo and condish?

I don't have the poo, but the ingredients for the conditioner are:

water, cetearyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, sweet almond oil, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, aloe vera leaf juice, lemongrass oil, rosemary leaf oil, chamomilla flower/leaf extract, lavendar flower extract, dimethiconol, behentrimonium chloride, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium ETA, TEA-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, methylisothiazolinone.

Sorry if I misspelled any ingredients, I had to squint to read them. They had it in the center aisle at Wal-mart.

ceebee3

I received my free bottle of the shampoo last week and i really like it. It smells and feels so good, I can't wait to try the conditioner.

I love the whole Suave professional line especially the Matrix knock off the Sleek conditioner.

I never buy the shampoos just the conditioners and they work great for regular conditioning and detangling.

I don't use for deep conditioning. They're cheap too.:drunk:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
OMGoodness my husband is going to kill me.....off to purchase more conditioner. :look: Goodlookin out OP. :up:

kim

water, cetearyl alcohol, cyclopentasiloxane, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, sweet almond oil, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, aloe vera leaf juice, lemongrass oil, rosemary leaf oil, chamomilla flower/leaf extract, lavendar flower extract, dimethiconol, behentrimonium chloride, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium ETA, TEA-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, methylisothiazolinone.

Sorry if I misspelled any ingredients, I had to squint to read them. They had it in the center aisle at Wal-mart.

Thanks!!! Looks like I will be buying that.

doriannc

i got the big bottle even though I went in to get some Garnier, haha. Walmart had the 32 oz on sale for like $3.48 (i think) in SA. I tried it, it's not as good as my hg conditioner, Aussie Moist, but I like that it doesn't have any parabens in it. I use it as a cleansing condish and it is light enough to cleanse my hair and scalp but heavy enough to detangle my natural curls. I tried to use it as a leave in, but it didn't do too much for my thick hair.

14got

I didn't see the Rosemary mint
I bought the asb to use as conwash
the whole family loves thickness and smell
it's a keeper

Kacie

I'm not crazy about this one. I jumped on the liter in Walmart a couple of weeks ago. It has nothing on my Humectant.

biancaelyse

For some reason my hair doesn't like Suave Conditioners too well. I haven't tried this one but the only one that ever worked for me was the one for curly hair and I think they discontinued it/changed the formulation :(

VO5 Milk Conditioners work a lot better in my hair.

kim

I just went to walmart and picked some up. Hopefully I will get to use it tonight and give my opinion on it.

JerriBlank

Ingredients don't look comparable to anything by aveda,but definitely not bad for $3:yep:
I'll give it a go for co-washes.

Vintageglam

those ingredients look okay apart from bolded....

does anyone know what "cyclopentasiloxane" is?