Need advice from natural/texturized 4a/3c and 3c's!

Porsche19

Do any of you have problems with two stranded twists wanting to unravel on your 3c hair?

I'm trying to learn to do a good twistsout, but in the back where I have the 3c hair, the twists don't stay. SOmtimes they unravel completely, most times they are just looser and less neat than the nice ones that I get from the 4a hair.

I now officially HATE having two different textures! I want all 4a hair so I can do my twist-outs. :cry:

Maybe this happens because I'm texturized? The 3c hair is not even really curly anymore, it's wavy like 2c hair.

btw It deosn't bother me because it gives me more of a natural not-uniform look. Even my natural hair doens't have a unirform curl look. :)

How can I stop them from unraveling besides using rubberbands or something at the ends?

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
i would consider myself a 3c and i've never had any problems with my hair untwisting. as a matter of fact, i think the curliness is what holds the twist together.

do you do your twists on wet hair?

Belle Du Jour

My hair is looser in some places, and doesn't want to hold a twist. Maybe you could try twisting your hair damp, and use a product like gel or shea butter to hold the twists together.

Cichelle

I put avocado or shea butter on the ends. What I do is I smooth the ends around my finger with the butter. It really helps to keep the twists from unraveling.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I agree with everyone else, I do my twists on damp hair when it's curlier and put a little gel or shea butter on the ends while i'm twisting. That holds my twists for a bit.

honeisos

I think it is the fact that you have a tex in your hair ... I have 3 c hair and when i had a chem in my hair .. I had to use a rod roller to hold it ..

chocolate01

honeisos said:
I think it is the fact that you have a tex in your hair ... I have 3 c hair and when i had a chem in my hair .. I had to use a rod roller to hold it ..

I agree. I would consider myself 3c/4a (natural) and I don't have a problem with my twists holding together.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I don't know how I missed this thread. I have a prob with twist definition. Mine always look fuzzy. I don't care how long it takes, I will get my twists to look decent it public! Classimani, can I join yout MTG and twist winter challenge?

luckymonkey1307

my hair is 3c/4a natural, and some of my hair is kind of straight/wavy, if you can twist vvverry tightly from the root, and make sure you don't do a loose twist on damp hair, u should be good to go. try little oil otherwise it will slip out.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I have that problem if I twist on wet hair. Also, if your hair is blunt cut, it can be more prone to unraveling.