3C OR 4A LADIES....BUTTERS...

mahogany_horizons

Hey ladies..

I have a question! I have 3c hair. I have 4a, I think around the edges, or it may just be dry and thirsty 3c, I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm wondering if my 3c and 4a cousins can help me! I would like to wear a wash and go style, occasionally, b/c I really like the natural texture of my hair. I have been saying that I am relaxed, but my mother has left lots of natural body in my hair when she relaxes me, so I could in fact be somewhat texlaxed (I don't care about that, it's healthy!)

I would like some recommendations on hair butters. I would like to use this butter when slicking my wet hair back in a bun (as an alternative to always using gel). I would also like to use this butter to seal moisture in my hair so I can occasionally wear a wash and go. I like the natural texture of my hair, but I hesitate to wear a wash and go, because I have THIRSTY AND I DO MEAN THIRSTY 3 C CURLS, and I can use hand fulls of moisturizer on my relaxed, and new growth stretched curls, seal with oil, and find that my hair would still be too dry to wear as a wash and go. I would like to wear this style sometimes in the summer (tried last summer, but hair was too dry for my comfort).

WHAT BUTTERS WILL HELP ME maintain moisture to keep my locks smooth and plyable in a wash and go?

CHECKMATE!

Hey MH:grin:...not sure about butters but Coconut Oil does it for my thirsty curls:yep:...but, I've heard from other members that Avocado butter is good also:yep:

baddison

natural for good
I have a really nice butter combination that I made.:yep:
Shea Butter
Aloe Butter
Avocado Butter
Jojoba Oil
Emu Oil
Coconut oil
....all whipped up nice together. O! M! G!.....talk about smoothness, shine, moisture! You name it, its in there. It keeps my new growth soft and pliable, it give me utimate shine, its not heavy, it seals wet moisture, and, used alone it is the ultimate moisturizer. These butters/oils are good for all types....but together, its just awesome!!:lick:

Hope this helps.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
On wet hair I just use my shea butter mix and then seal with my oil mix. On dry hair I use 1 part suave humentant with 1/2 a part of vegetable gylcerin in a old spray bottle filled with water, and just seal with my oil mix. I have texlaxed 3c/4a

mahogany_horizons

PATIENCE...coconut oil...thank you girl for your response GIRLY :) :). I am starting to think that I should really start giving a "look see" to some natural things for my hair and see how I like them, instead of sticking doggedly to the silk elements line.

baddison...THAT SOUNDS YUMMy, and as though it would make your hair so soft. How do you whip it all together, Just mix it with a spoon? How thick is it when you are finished?

Where can I get the butters ya'll? I didn't see any butters in Sally's. What types of chain stores carry butters, or should I get them from online?

naturalgurl

I have a really nice butter combination that I made.:yep:
Shea Butter
Aloe Butter
Avocado Butter
Jojoba Oil
Emu Oil
Coconut oil
....all whipped up nice together. O! M! G!.....talk about smoothness, shine, moisture! You name it, its in there. It keeps my new growth soft and pliable, it give me utimate shine, its not heavy, it seals wet moisture, and, used alone it is the ultimate moisturizer. These butters/oils are good for all types....but together, its just awesome!!:lick:

Hope this helps.

GAWD, that sounds good!

Shea butter works wonders, I use raw shea and it slicks and holds curls and makes beautiful waves that don't dry out.

joyandfaith

I second everyone who mentioned Shea Butter. I have The Roots 100% Shea Butter. I also like the Elasta QP Mango Butter.

blackpearl81

I had this same problem before joining LHCF and thanks to Tiffers :grin: I went ahead and bought a big bottle of Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1. I'm 4a and this product is very moisturizing w/o being greasy and sticky. Not a butter, but I would definitely recommend that you give it a try.

mahogany_horizons

I had this same problem before joining LHCF and thanks to Tiffers :grin: I went ahead and bought a big bottle of Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1. I'm 4a and this product is very moisturizing w/o being greasy and sticky. Not a butter, but I would definitely recommend that you give it a try.

where can i get the hawaiian silky 14 in 1?? Thanks for the post!!

joyandfaith

where can i get the hawaiian silky 14 in 1?? Thanks for the post!!

You can usually find the 14 in 1 in any BSS. I'm a 3c and unfortunately, this product was too sticky and slick for my hair. I was so ready to fall in love with it because its received rave reviews, so needless to say, I was disappointed. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try it, but be careful with using too much of this product.

Eisani

On wet hair I love using shea (or some butter blend containing shea) or avocado butter sealed w/JBCO on my edges. When I do this, they're never thirsty.