Spin-Off: Type 3c/4a Unstretched Hair (BSB and Longer Please)

regina07

Gorgeous curls in this thread! Wow.

I don't know what my hair type is and it sure ain't as full as some of y'all.

thaidreams

Sorry for the delay on mine. I hate doing wash n go's because the nape of my hair tangles so much!

I'm pretty close WL, but won't be able to claim it till I press my hair later this month. Please excuse the crazy face and the blurry pics, but I don't have the greatest camera phone ;D

greenandchic

greenandchic You are at my DEC '12 goal and your kinda my hair twin in the first pic (well in my mind you are lol). any tips?

Awwww, thank you!

My hair is porous and medium to fine strands so I have to do all I can to prevent breakage. I keep my hair stretched to prevent SSKs & knots, use henna and protein treatments to keep my hair strong and moisture and seal daily. HTH :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using ADR6350

Kneechay

Mine is in my update thread, from earlier this year, but here it is wet. I don't do wash and gos because my hair will tangle and frizz up and looks misshapen. My hair clearly doesn't grow down, rather it grows up. I think for me to get to SL unstretched, I'd need to be maybe butt length

and my siggy is my hair straightened

my hair is crazy

Last edited:

SheenaVee

I'm just past bsb. My hair unstretched and dried with the blowdryer is the length in my siggy. Left to airdry it's about neck length unstretched. :nono:

UrbainChic

My hair just grazes my shoulders unstretched. I don't know how long my hair would be stretched out in order to reach bsb unstretched.

That is what makes me most impatient in this hair joyrney. I feel like i need tailbone hair in order to be bsb unstreched.

Ediese

I have a theory that for many of us (maybe more 4a than 3c), our hair grows out moreso than down...@LunadeMiel has gorgeous hair, but my 4a/3c does not look anything like hers!

Where are the rest of the pitchas ladies?!

I'm 3c/4a and my hair grows down. I don't have any new pics though. I've been trimming my hair to stay at APL too.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I am MBL with a few strands touching waist.
This is a few months ago with a lot of product:

Puff without styler, last year:

Wash n Go, just moisturizer added, last april

Good Lord, your hair is beautiful!!!! I can only pray that my hair turns out this way!!

cch24

My hair is a 3c/4a mix I think. I just did a wash and go today and it's finally grazing my shoulders. My hair is pretty solidly waist length, so I hope that when I reach my goal of hip my hair hangs a little past shoulder. I just wish I could get MORE volume. I even diffused my hair today (no stretching the roots or anything) with hopes of having bigger hair. I'm sure it will rise a little as the days go by.

Last edited:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Luna your hair has always been a treat for me, I can remember when we had that first meet up in NY and seeing your hair now :drool:

@KCurly your hair is thick and lush

LoveLiLi

@Sheena284, do you blow dry with a diffuser or do you use a regular blow dryer on low? I want the details because your hair looks great!

I've been trying to figure out how to show a bit more length in wash and go's.

SheenaVee

@LoveLiLi Hey! Thank you! :D I use a blowdryer on low. It has a diffuser attachment on it just to control the air so it won't frizz up my hair but I don't always diffuse it.