My Classmate’s Fabulush Puff & the Style I Did in Her Hair! *Pic Avalanche!!*

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
That is beautiful!! I would love to do this with my hair. Can you make a video tutorial pretty please???

SelahOco

BMP, how were her ends? Did she have single strand knots? Will the coils help w/ knots? I get them on my two strand twists.

I bet her hair would look so full and pretty in twists too :)

BlackMasterPiece

BMP, how were her ends? Did she have single strand knots?
Shockingly.....no. She really didnt, I think it may have to do with the fact that she blows out her ends lightly when she wears a puff so maybe that reduces them.

Will the coils help w/ knots? I get them on my two strand twists.
I DEFINITELY think they would help with knots if you do them the way I do, it keeps the hair in a detangled stationary state where you're not combing it, or manipulating at all till wash day, my moms hair is super manageable when she takes down comb coils no issues with knots:yep:

I bet her hair would look so full and pretty in twists too :)
I know right?? It was between twists and comb coils that day, I really saw her in coils at that time but I wanna do twists on her fa sho. OMG I have like 4 more styles I wanna do on her, she has that gorgeous 4a consistent hair texture, we're hair twins, its seeing lush gorgeous hair like hers thats making me lean toward vastly reducing heat long-term.

That is beautiful!! I would love to do this with my hair. Can you make a video tutorial pretty please???
Checkout page 1 where I talk about the status of my tutorials on page 3 a poster made a suggestion that I'll be definitely doing:yep:

BlackMasterPiece

^ Thanks, I wasnt measuring time as I was dong it but it takes a longer time on mid-length to long hair, this took me like half of a sunday we started from early afternoon and she left that night lol it takes a good while....I'd say do this on a day when you're gona be home while you watch tv or something:yep:

dymondgurl

You should be proud of your beautiful work BMP :) I sure wished I had a friend to do my hair sometimes..lol. I've bookmarked your site.

darlingdiva

Her hair came out WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your hair looks WONDERFUL too!!!

You definitely need to open up a hair business of some sort.

Now, I'm off to stalk your blog and find the post you made about straightening your hair. I'm determined to get this flat-ironing thing.

chosen07

great job! you both are too cute! I'll have to try this one day soon...it reminds me of a straw set so I'm thinkng the coil-out..should be just as nice!

BlackMasterPiece

Her hair came out WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your hair looks WONDERFUL too!!!

You definitely need to open up a hair business of some sort.

Now, I'm off to stalk your blog and find the post you made about straightening your hair. I'm determined to get this flat-ironing thing.
Methinks you may be onto something......:grin: I feel this way too....just tryna figure out where I fit in best:reddancer:

RedVelvet310

So I tried doing this the other day... I ended up getting the comb so tangled in my hair I went crying to my mother to take it out :ohwell: .... so I'm booking you a plane ticket... to come to Toronto and do my hair :grin: How do you start off the coil ???

ETA: 2010 New Years resolution... MORE NATURAL STYLES! MORE THREADS BLACK MASTER PIECE lol you are my new LHCF hair idol of twenty ten!

BlackMasterPiece

Okay here's my attempt at describing comb coils:

- Take a small section like the size you would take to do pixie braids
- Get it wet with a spray bottle possibly with some dilluted leave-in mixed in,
- You then saturate that small section with gel
- Gently detangle working from the ends of the hair graduating to the roots
- Once fully detangled take a fine toothed comb place it at the base of the section
- Start twirling the comb untill you reach the ends, I advise holding the coil from the middle mid-way through to create a consistent shape........hope that helped:perplexed

Gawd I really hope I can retrieve all my tutorials!:cry4: either way my mom wants her signature coils for New Years so I'll try to have that recorded and post that:yep: if things dont get too crazy around here:spinning: lol