Monistat-7

luxe.li.

So I was having this conversation with a girl in my class today. She was saying that her mother had a friend who went through cancer and lost all her hair from Chemo. The next time her mother saw her friend her hair was pass SL. She basically said that she used Monistat-7 mixed with hair product or hair grease. She claimed it made her hair grow.

I read some posts on the board where women said they'd never put Monistat on their hair. I want to know why not? Does it smell? Shoot, I'll try anything once. And if it works, again why not?

flowinlocks

It worked for me when I was using it without any problems, it didn't have a smell, but I know it gives some people headaches.

**Jade**

Actually a lot of memebers use it but call it MN I forgot the scientic name for it but it can be found in neosporin AF and some other things... chief complaints are headaches... I used it one and thought that my head was going to explode

sheba1

Shoot, Luxe, girl where have ya been? There are all kinds of posts about MN (miconazole nitrate), the active ingredient in monistat. Some of the ladies on this board have mixed it up every which kind of way, started band wagons and posted pics! lol

It doesn't smell bad, at all. I have mixed it with my Megatek and I really enjoy the mild tingle. I don't use monistat (too expensive for me), but I've read here on LHCF that the Family Dollar brand is effective (1.59 oz tube for $5) and I'm currently using the Walmart Equate brand (1.59 oz tube for $4). I'll go see if I can whip up a few threads for you. Be right back... :sekret:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
So I was having this conversation with a girl in my class today. She was saying that her mother had a friend who went through cancer and lost all her hair from Chemo. The next time her mother saw her friend her hair was pass SL. She basically said that she used Monistat-7 mixed with hair product or hair grease. She claimed it made her hair grow.

I read some posts on the board where women said they'd never put Monistat on their hair. I want to know why not? Does it smell? Shoot, I'll try anything once. And if it works, again why not?
Yes it works, do a search if you can for results. Oh and no it doesnt smell, its has no scent at all.

luxe.li.

Is monistat the best product to buy when wanting to use "MN", I might buy some soon. Should I mix it with product or just apply it alone? LOL

Minty

Not really from what I understand, it is the active ingredient and its percentage in the tube, not the name. You want the MN from the tube, and the store brand is in most cases the exact same product regarding active ingredients.

Essensual

I used an MN mixture a little bit last year to help bring my temples back in. Although it works and I didn't have headaches, I did have itching and discontinued use. :ohwell: I was able to locate it for (drum roll please) $1 at the Dollar Tree.

(Maybe that's why it itched) :perplexed LOL! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

mistee11

Is monistat the best product to buy when wanting to use "MN", I might buy some soon. Should I mix it with product or just apply it alone? LOL

Monistat is pricey... you can get the same product (miconazole nitrate) at the dollar store. You should mix it with some essential oils to minimize dryness. This stuff does work. I mixed it with Boundless Tresses and Mega Tek to get my bald spot in the back of my head to regrow.

sheba1

Awwww, Essensual, I'm so jealous! I tell you, both times I've looked for MN to do a mix, I have not been lucky enough to find it at the dollar store. Green with envy right now...

kedda0720pooh

Well, I just learned about this myself. And MN stands for miconazole nitrate and it's actually a antifungal. It does promote hair growth and I've seen proof from other ladies here on LHCF. I did try it the generic brand mn but it caused really bad headaches so I discontinued using it. Here's a link with a mix of oil to try it out with.

kedda0720pooh

monieluv

i got great growth from my mn w/ lenzi request. i usually get 1/4" per month. w/ mn i got b/t .5" and .75" a month. loved it. didn't experience any headaches.

Teja

can someone please tell me what mn looks like and where to buy it?
Wich one is the best from your expierence ???
I have never heard about this b4 today!

monieluv

can someone please tell me what mn looks like and where to buy it?
Wich one is the best from your expierence ???
I have never heard about this b4 today!

it's monistat cream. i find the family dollar brand better. good luck.

Sui Topi

Did anyone have success using Feet Accompli by Derma Doctor?

I think Honey Dew tried that one. Try searching "feet accompli". I think it does work too, it was my first band wagon...*sigh*, how time flies lol. I got a few headaches here and there and I think I used canesten or something, I don't remember now. I think they are like if you mix it with something it lessens your chance of getting a headache. I think you should check the threads though I may be mistaken. I ended up mixing mine with Hollywood beauty castor oil grease thingy and peppermint oil. I would apply it every other day and my new growth was so much it convinced me to go natural lol.

**Glamourlicious**

I used it in the past and got GREAT results.

I am currently using it again with OCT and I am hoping for the same awesome results. No headaches here!