Miconazole Nitrate - I am a believer now!

LaNecia

Prince3 said:
I went into Wal Mart last night. The lady said they do not have Neosporin AF only the orignal and the one with pain? Where else can I go to find it?

RiteAid, they have the Neosporin AF and their generic brand which has the exact same ingredients (for twice the size and $3.00 less).

If you check in WalMart on your own, don't look in the first aid section but rather over in the foot care/sports section. I couldn't find it at first either!

Good luck!

MissYocairis

Ladies! Does anyone know what percentage of miconazole nitrate is in the Neosporin AF formulas? Which is better overall? Monistat or Neosporin AF?

*Frisky*

CantBeCopied said:
Ladies! Does anyone know what percentage of miconazole nitrate is in the Neosporin AF formulas? Which is better overall? Monistat or Neosporin AF?

2% in Neosporin and in some Monistat there is 4%

PrincessScorpion

VWVixxen said:
RiteAid, they have the Neosporin AF and their generic brand which has the exact same ingredients (for twice the size and $3.00 less).

If you check in WalMart on your own, don't look in the first aid section but rather over in the foot care/sports section. I couldn't find it at first either!

Good luck!

Thank you very much considering you have cost me money listening to YOU!:lachen: You have me ordering Indian oils and now Mega Tek. If anything I need your support to lose weight not spending more money:rofl:

LaNecia

Prince3 said:
Thank you very much considering you have cost me money listening to YOU!:lachen: You have me ordering Indian oils and now Mega Tek. If anything I need your support to lose weight not spending more money:rofl:

:wasntme: Your Honor...may I approach the bench?

Attorney: What you have here is a clear case of mistaken understanding of intent. My client VWV would NEVER encourage any to spend money excessively on hair products, supplements, gym memberships or personal trainers. There are those who we could use as examples ***cough*** MonaLlisa comes to mind, who are are avid pushers of their favorite products with out regard for the unsuspecting influential public. VWV simply shares her views, her successes and failures with her sisters in an attempt to educate. I ask the jury to find the accused, VWV innocent of the charges of influencing excessive financial expenditures in the quest of beautiful hair.

Thank you for your time ladies and gentlemen...

Jury: We the jury find VWV innocent of all charges. Ma'am you are free to go.
:)

PrincessScorpion

VWVixxen said:

Attorney: What you have here is a clear case of mistaken understanding of intent. My client VWV would NEVER encourage any to spend money excessively on hair products, supplements, gym memberships or personal trainers. There are those who we could use as examples ***cough*** MonaLlisa comes to mind, who are are avid pushers of their favorite products with out regard for the unsuspecting influential public. VWV simply shares her views, her successes and failures with her sisters in an attempt to educate. I ask the jury to find the accused, VWV innocent of the charges of influencing excessive financial expenditures in the quest of beautiful hair.

What ever innocent until you come up with the next hot find to post.:D

I think we have a hung jury that way charges can filed again at a later date for the same crime.:lachen:

TwistNMx

VWVixxen said:

Good luck!
I bought more today at Savon (2 tubes). It was 5.99 with the coupon. I will check RiteAid for comparison as Targe did not carry it either...they are so limited.
Could you tell me what the inactive ingredients are in the generic brand?
Thanks.

TwistNMx

HoneyDew said:

Thanks for posting this. I will keep Walgreens in mind for future ordering. They are great and very reliable. I wouldn't mind the 33% more. Besides, the clerks at Savon probably gather that I have a hot foot problem by now. :lol:

Faith

VWVixxen said:

LMAO! Good one :lol:

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Neosporin AF is also sold through Amazon.com for $4.47 per tube. If you purchase $25 or more (thats about 6 packages) the shipping is free.

HoneyDew

High Priestess said:
Thanks for posting this. I will keep Walgreens in mind for future ordering. They are great and very reliable. I wouldn't mind the 33% more. Besides, the clerks at Savon probably gather that I have a hot foot problem by now. :lol:

And they have free shipping for orders over $50 so you can also stock up on some of your other products.

TwistNMx

HoneyDew said:
And they have free shipping for orders over $50 so you can also stock up on some of your other products.
Thanks for sharing your photos HoneyDew. I notice results of your hair.
I notice you use two different types of M>N.
I order my Surge from Walgreens.com also and have plenty of that...but next time I will include my NeoAF.

LaNecia

High Priestess said:
Could you tell me what the inactive ingredients are in the generic brand?
Thanks.

Hey lady!! If you look at the neosporin AF, it's the same EXACT listing. I was SURPRISED!! I will quadruple check when I get home just to be sure.

LaNecia

Prince3 said:
What ever innocent until you come up with the next hot find to post.:D

I think we have a hung jury that way charges can filed again at a later date for the same crime.:lachen:

Ok, how many screen names do I have to use to stay :sekret:?

MonaLisa

VWVixxen said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dis chick DID NOT!!!!!!!:lol:

KiniKakes

Ladies, just to update you (per request), I got my touch-up today, and everything was just fine. The relaxer took, and my hair is silky and straight once again.....

I had been using the M.N. up until this past Sunday.... so it's been three days. I had planned on holding out until Friday, but just grew too impatient.

Either way, there was no burning, irritation, or otherwise abnormalities. So for those of you who are relaxed, go ahead with your regular touch-ups post M.N. use. I can assure you that there are no negative side effects with the chemicals mixing.

TwistNMx

KiniKakes said:
Ladies, just to update you (per request), I got my touch-up today, and everything was just fine. The relaxer took, and my hair is silky and straight once again.....

I had been using the M.N. up until this past Sunday.... so it's been three days. I had planned on holding out until Friday, but just grew too impatient.

Either way, there was no burning, irritation, or otherwise abnormalities. So for those of you who are relaxed, go ahead with your regular touch-ups post M.N. use. I can assure you that there are no negative side effects with the chemicals mixing.
So please, how long have you been using this product? Are you seeing more results?
Thanx

KiniKakes

High Priestess said:
So please, how long have you been using this product? Are you seeing more results?
Thanx

Not yet! :) I only used it 4-5 days before stopping for a few days to get my touch-up. Im excited to start once again.... I'll probably begin application on Friday, and will keep you all posted with results!

But Im VERY optimistic.... so optimistic that I ordered a rack of tubes from ole' boy on eBay. I know he is wondering what is up with the drastic increase in his Neosporin AF sales lately!!!! LMAOO!!!!!!

LaNecia

Prince3 said:

Since you called me out, I felt compelled to come back and post the ingredients! :lol:

Longs Miconazole Nitrate, 2% - Price $4.99 for 1 oz
Active Ingredient: Miconazone Nitrate, 2%
Inactive Ingredients: Benzoic Acid, BHA, Mineral Oil, Peglicol 5 oleate, pegoxol 7 stearate, purified water.

Neosporin AF - Price: $7.99 for .5 oz
Active Ingredient: Miconazone Nitrate, 2%
Inactive Ingredients: benzoic acid, butylated hydroxyanisole, mineral oil peglicol 5 oleate, pegoxcol 7 stearate, and purified water

ETA:

Hi Ladies, I would share this since I stumbled across it today. I have an "Entertainment Values" coupon book which has coupons for all sorts of things...inluding restaurants, hair salons and DRUG STORES! In mine, there's a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more at Longs Drugstore. (there's one coupon for every three months)

Hope that helps ladies, you can see I'm working hard here to redeem myself! :angel:

Last edited:

toinette

Tricking the president
quick question about the MN: how often are you all using this? every night, every other night?

HoneyDew

Guys, now that I have proved that it works, I am going to chill out on the MN use. I love the growth, but it is too fast for me right now because I need touchups WAY too soon. My hair is not healthy enough to get touchups that often and not long enough for many of the protective styles that help maintain new growth.

Miconazole Nitrate is making it IMPOSSIBLE for me to stretch so I am going to chill for a bit and concentrate on the health of my hair then pick it back up in a few months.

Happy Growing!! :)

LaNecia

HoneyDew said:
Miconazole Nitrate is making it IMPOSSIBLE for me to stretch so I am going to chill for a bit and concentrate on the health of my hair then pick it back up in a few months.

Happy Growing!! :)

********Faints to the floor********

*Frisky*

VWVixxen said:
********Faints to the floor********

hahahahahha...well HoneyDew you are probably the only one that might feel this way. I hope it has this effect on me because I don't have very good patience for the most part.

ekomba

LondonDiva said:
I can't wait to be in a position that a hair product is making my hair grow too fast.

lol me too!:lol: i cant find the AF anywhere!!!! where do you get it? i guess i m go for monistat3 then. i went to cvs, pharmacies they only have the regular neosporin, they run out of the AF grrr...:(

Last edited:

*Frisky*

ekomba said:
lol me too!:lol: i cant find the AF anywhere!!!! where do you get it? i guess i m go for monistat3 then. i went to cvs, pharmacies they only have the regular neosporin, they run out of the AF grrr...:(

You just have to keep your eyes peeled for it when you are grocery shopping, at the drugstore, etc...you can always order it online.

ekomba

marie170 said:
You just have to keep your eyes peeled for it when you are grocery shopping, at the drugstore, etc...you can always order it online.

oh good idea i m check where i can find it online. hope the shipping costs are nice too:D Thanks Marie170 i m still try a dollar store that be selling everything for a dollar even the pregnancy tests lol they at 145th street off the 2 train. it s unbelievable i m go check there i did not think about that first then if i dont find it anywhere in Harlem i m order it online. hahahha it reminds me yesterday i went to the pharmacy and i asked for neosporin af and the doctor shows me neosporin, there was a line behind me. i say not that one and he says then which one. He did not have the one that i wanted. i kept saying the other one cause my mouth did not want to utter "the one for jock itch" outloud Hahahhahahahhahahahhahah I Kept just saying you know the other one the AF!!!!!!:mad: :lachen: :grin: :lol: