Please share any M.N.(NeoAF), results here~

TwistNMx

:) Inquiry minds would like to know if anyone has any marked progress with the M.N.
I know we already have a thread on Miconazole Nitrate but it's so long and sorta a starter thread about trying it out. This thread is just for results if any.
As far as myself, I'm not quite sure yet if I notice a change in growth rate.
Thanks everyone. I'm sure we'd all like to know what's going on with it. ;)

KiniKakes

Great thread! The other one was getting a bit long. Well it will be a full, consecutive week of use for me come this Friday.... so at this point it's too early for me to report any major changes. But I will for sure keep ya'all posted!

Come on M.N. users!!!!! Let's hear about your wonderful progress, it's so motivational!!!! :grin:

Oh, and fyi, I am using my M.N. straight in the morning..... and continuing to MTG at night.

How often are other folks M.N.'ing? And what, if anything, are you mixing it with? VWVixen posted about her plan to M.N. in 4 week cycles, and then break for 2 weeks, and I think this is a great idea. I plan to do the same.

TwistNMx

KiniKakes said:
Great thread! The other one was getting a bit long. Well it will be a full, consecutive week of use for me come this Friday.... so at this point it's too early for me to report any major changes. But I will for sure keep ya'all posted!

Come on M.N. users!!!!! Let's hear about your wonderful progress, it's so motivational!!!! :grin:

Oh, and fyi, I am using my M.N. straight in the morning..... and continuing to MTG at night.

How often are other folks M.N.'ing? And what, if anything, are you mixing it with? VWVixen posted about her plan to M.N. in 4 week cycles, and then break for 2 weeks, and I think this is a great idea. I plan to do the same.
Hi KiniKakes,:cheers:
I'm glad to see you check in here.
I think 4 week cycles sounds good. I'll try that too.
HP

LaNecia

:wave: Checking in!!

The growth seems to be steady. I braided my hair up over the weekend so I'd keep from fussing with it, I'll take it down tonight for tomorrow's progress pics. I've got 7 more days to go before I take my 2 week break.

Great thread idea!

KiniKakes

VWVixxen said:

The growth seems to be steady. I braided my hair up over the weekend so I'd keep from fussing with it, I'll take it down tonight for tomorrow's progress pics. I've got 7 more days to go before I take my 2 week break.

Great thread idea!

What kind of braids did you do....? And are you still able to apply the m.n. evenly throughout with the braids?

LaNecia

They're just cornrows, I'm wearing quickweaves right now. The new growth (especially in the back) is waring with the relaxed hair. The cornrows are small enough that I'm not too concerned about even distribution. :cool:

Because the hair is covered during the day, I do attempt to massage it in a little and I'm not concerned with the braids looking 'frayed'.

I guess if one were concerned about distribution, they could mix it with a light consistency oil.

Last edited:

TwistNMx

VWVixxen said:

Great thread idea!

Steady growth...great! I would love to see some progress pictures. This is very encouraging. :yep:

sareca

Yesterday, was the end of my 30 day MN challenge.:poke: I have a little more than 3/4 of an inch! :eek: :yay: Even tho I was only consistent the first 2 weeks or so. :spank: It a keeper for me. I've just got to get better at daily use. Right now I might remember twice/week. :(

ETA: Just took this...

There are others in the comparison folder (http://public.fotki.com/Serica/hair_to_stay/comparisons/).

Last edited:

*Frisky*

I think I gained an inch and I have been using it right around 30 days or less and I have only been consistent using it every day for the last week and a half.

Wanda

Hello ladies I just started today. The Savon I went to had tons of it. I even bought the spray. Will Let everyone know how things are going in about 2 weeks.

sareca

marie170 said:
I think I gained an inch and I have been using it right around 30 days or less and I have only been consistent using it every day for the last week and a half.

Marie, I watched Sparkle on the betamax everyday from 12-14 years old. :grin:

Last edited:

Suri

I have only been using M.N. with Capsazin for about a week 1 1/2 and I can tell it's working. I'm in braids and I bag every night. 1. I can see my hair pushing out of the braids like weeds growing 2. When I take the baggie off in the morning my hair is very visible in the braids, in the front sides and back like the hairs are being pushed out. :confused: It's weird, does anyone else get this?
Well the knots where my braids start are about 1/2 inch down so there's my proof. I am planning to take these out on June 1, so I'm getting another inch between M.N and MTG. :D

lana

Well I have breakage in the back about two inches long from a color disaster. I'm a natural 4a and I just started applying this every other day this week. I can give an update in about 2-4 weeks. I'll use my breakage area to judge growth.

DulceKisses

High Fashion
Ok, so I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and pciked up a tube just to see what all the hype was about. The tube was very small for $5 ( i guess cause of its intended use,lol). I can't imagine getting 2 MAYBE 3 applications out of this tube. My plan was to use it every other day. How often our you ladies using it and are you finding a better deal for this lil tube?

Im in box braids with crownrows in the front, so application to the scalp is easy but good lawd! I'll be buying 5-6 tubes to do the every other day thing for a month. Maybe I'll stick to whats already working for and that my stinky MTG! lol any advise?

HoneyDew

DulceKisses said:
Ok, so I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and pciked up a tube just to see what all the hype was about. The tube was very small for $5 ( i guess cause of its intended use,lol). I can't imagine getting 2 MAYBE 3 applications out of this tube. My plan was to use it every other day. How often our you ladies using it and are you finding a better deal for this lil tube?

Im in box braids with crownrows in the front, so application to the scalp is easy but good lawd! I'll be buying 5-6 tubes to do the every other day thing for a month. Maybe I'll stick to whats already working for and that my stinky MTG! lol any advise?

Some people are buying the store brands or buying off brands from Ebay.

It seems that applying every other day will still give good results.

I think the main reason MN appealed to me, was the fact that I did not have to worry about an odor or oily hair.

TwistNMx

jwhitley6 said:
RESULTS ONLY PLEASE....Use the other thread for general discussion.

Thank you. :grin:
I totally agree.
Not to be mean or anything, it's just that the other thread is more appropriate for that as jwhitley6 says.
We are summing up those who have results please.
Thanx :D

MiWay

I decided I'd only use it in the back of my head and nape area for about a month and see what my results are before I use it on my entire head. I grease my scalp with it every evening. I could be hallucinating, but it seems like I have about 1/4" in less than 2 weeks! :eek: I'm about 7 weeks post, so I won't be able to really tell until I get another relaxer.

Last edited:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
My broken off nape area is filling in quite well. I have enough to actually put in braids back there. I relaxed my hair a little over a week ago and my newgrowth is very visible. I can't slick back as easily. I have this patch of hair on my crown that is constantly sticking up because the newgrowth is coming in so quickly. I usually don't see this month newgrowth for about 3 weeks after my relaxer.

I usually get anywhere between 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month without the M.N. Last month was great. I got around 3/4 of an inch or more from 3 weeks of use. I hope to get at least an inch this month.

beadedgirl

I've been using the elta trivase,for 3 1/2 weeks and i got like over 1/2 inch ,now for me thats alot considering my growth is really slow!!..i'm extremely happy with my results.i'm mixing mine with natures blessings.Natures blessing is really great,its got stuff like nettles,rosemary,sage,alfalfa,thyme,peppermint,pure vigin oil,coconut oil,pure mineral jelly.the mn mixes really really good with this grease and my hair is loving it.;)

TwistNMx

dontspeakdefeat said:
My broken off nape area is filling in quite well. I have enough to actually put in braids back there. I relaxed my hair a little over a week ago and my newgrowth is very visible. I can't slick back as easily. I have this patch of hair on my crown that is constantly sticking up because the newgrowth is coming in so quickly. I usually don't see this month newgrowth for about 3 weeks after my relaxer.

I usually get anywhere between 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month without the M.N. Last month was great. I got around 3/4 of an inch or more from 3 weeks of use. I hope to get at least an inch this month.
This is very encouraging. I love hearing about progress here!!! :grin:
I will be doing a private unveiling in about 2-3 weeks. :yep:

TwistNMx

jwhitley6 said:
RESULTS ONLY PLEASE....Use the other thread for general discussion.

Thank you. :grin:
A belated welcome to the forum. I just noticed you joined us in March. What part of California are you from might I ask?

Sade7

I have had and continue to have crazzzy growth. I've been slacking on consistency lately but I still am seeing results. I use MN mixed with hydrocortizone and cayenne cream.

MrsQueeny

beadedgirl said:
I've been using the elta trivase,for 3 1/2 weeks and i got like over 1/2 inch ,now for me thats alot considering my growth is really slow!!..i'm extremely happy with my results.i'm mixing mine with natures blessings.Natures blessing is really great,its got stuff like nettles,rosemary,sage,alfalfa,thyme,peppermint,pure vigin oil,coconut oil,pure mineral jelly.the mn mixes really really good with this grease and my hair is loving it.;)
Okay so where can I buy some nature's blessings? It sounds really good. Thanks Q

Last edited:

LaNecia

Ok, the results are in for the next 7 days of my challenge...it's one of those, you really have to see it with your own eyes to believe it. I can't tell you how many times I measured, remeasured, took and retook photos.

HHG Ladies.

ETA: I'm currently 6 weeks post relaxer, my hair usually grows at an average of 1/4" per month with no new growth visible until weeks 3 or 4.

Last edited:

SouthernJewel

exceeding expectations...
VW and Sareca the growth is crazy! Im sooo glad you guys have GOOD pics that ACTUALLY show the progress. This is very promising...im excited!

trinigul

Yeah thanks for the pics. Everyone will just have to believe me. Been on this regime since last week.

I've been using Sade7's mixture. Applied twice last week. This week, I added a little castor oil and MTG to that mix - I applied this on Monday. Hell! I'm lazy...BUT EVERYONE has been commenting about how quickly my hair is growing (I just let them think my hair naturally grows this quickly). So, even being really inconsistent gives you grrrreat results.

I am glad I didn't sleep on this.

*Frisky*

hahahahahhahahahaha..I got this from another hair board.

hi ladies i just want to let you know that i work in a county jail, and all of a sudden all of these ladies were signing up for sick call complaining of yeast infections now im a nurse and i know the monistat i was dispensing to them should have taken care of their problems. then one day one of our regulars spoke up and told me that they were all using the monistat on their hair and i have to tell you i did see noticeable hair growth on most of them. as far as thinking that you need to buy the most expensive don't bother you know we only dispense cheap stuff and it does work, i think im might try it myself