MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

aloof one

Well the stuff does work. I can't be sure because I'm transitioning, but I am almost positive I can see a brand new wave in my hair (not to mention it is sore like it just popped up) that is about a cm long. I just noticed it today, but it wasn't there before I started MN two weeks ago.

I have been getting the itchies (or maybe what yall call headaches) within a day of putting the stuff on-- everytime I use it. After I wash & dry my hair I put just the 2% MN on my scalp. The next day I use my mix, which is basically like iaec06's concoction but a few more random things I tossed in for good measure. It moisturizes my scalp in case the plain MN dried it out. Plus I just want to get the most I can in before I wash again. Then probably the next day I may wash because I hate that greasy feeling on my scalp and my hair feels dull after three days anyway. Then I just start over.

I read on the LHC that they put it on in the morning and wash it off at night, or leave it on for 5 hours before rinsing... do you think that would even work, being on so short of a time?

Mandy4610

This is what I am planning to use

1 tube MN monistat 2%
1/2 jar of sulfur 8 (should I melt the sulfur 8?)
EVOO
castor oil
carrot oil
and maybe BT (not sure yet, too much at the same time?)

I have to figue out how much of the oils I am supposed to add.

Question for those using Monistat 4%. where do you get this from? The only one I found was the one in the prefilled applicators. So, do you empty the applicators or is the a one that comes in a tube and is 4%. I only found 2% in the tube.
Does anyone have suggestions for me please and thank you.

crazydaze911

I mix a generic MN creme with various oils and shake. But basically the MN creme just sits on the bottom of the applicator bottle. Am i still getting the benefits - is the MN properties 'leaking' into the oil or smthg? TIA for answering my slightly stupid question :blush:

amber815

I have been lurking in the MN threads for a while and I am thinking about concocting my own mix. I was wondering if anyone uses surge 14 in their mix? I have a bottle sitting here that I have only used once and I want a mix that is more creamy than greasy so I don't be walking aroung looking like a hot greasy mess everyday! lol

Here's my recipe that I made and just started using yesterday.
1 tube MN 2%
1/2 jar Sulfur 8
1T grapeseed oil
1T castor oil
1T olive oil

I put that on my scalp beginning last nite but I hate that sulfur smell :nono:.
For now, I am just going to use it on my edges until I get some EO's and use a different recipe.

Aggie

I have been lurking in the MN threads for a while and I am thinking about concocting my own mix. I was wondering if anyone uses surge 14 in their mix? I have a bottle sitting here that I have only used once and I want a mix that is more creamy than greasy so I don't be walking aroung looking like a hot greasy mess everyday! lol

I use about 1 - 2oz of surge plus 14 in my mn mix. It's very drying if you don't use some kind of water-based moisturizer in the mix, like BB oil moisturizer or you could use mane and tail oilive oil and/or carrot oil both in the jar. They're great hair moisturizers that do not contain any mineral oil or petrolatum.

Tamrin

unapologetic
I have two mixes one with a water based moisturizer:
ORS olive oil,
1tsp of sulfur,
1 tube of NN (family dollar)
10 drops of Rosemary oil

The other is a spray mix:

purified water
1 tube of MN
3 table spoons of Glycerine
2 table spoons of Salerm 21 leave in
10 drops of rosemary oil

I shake it up and spray onmy scalp since Im in twists for a while My scalp loves it. Feels nice and fresh.

nappity

:bud:ok I'm on my way to family dollar- gonna start this and Henna for the new year.
You all are a bad financial habit :grin:

Coffee

I am half way though my 30 day trial using my M7 mixture, and as of today there is about 1/4 inch new growth!! The trial ends on December 26th when I will post before amd after pictures if I can figure out how to size them.!!

nappity

Okay yall convinced me !
I mixed one tube of Family Dollar MN
5 tablets of MSM dissolved in a teaspoon of water in the microwave( Cant stand the smell of Sulfur-8
Creamy Virgin Coconut oil 1 tsp
Weleda Rosemary Oil I tsp cause it has lavender and alot of nice essential oils
2 drops of rosemary E.O.
and put it in a Tupperware to marinate.
My avatar will me my baseline picture and Ill journal my results

Tebby1017

Okay yall convinced me !
5 tablets of MSM dissolved in a teaspoon of water in the microwave( Cant stand the smell of Sulfur-8
2 drops of rosemary E.O.

Have you tried MSM powder? I used to take it for joint health. You can get it from http://www.puritanspride.com .

Tebby1017

No prob...I just figered it would be a little easier for you. I mainly took it for joints, like I said, but I did use it for one scalp treatment that I used to make and it was a lot easer to use than the pill/capsule form.

Tebby

LovelyRo

My last mn mix did nothing for me. I read through this thread yesterday and realized that it could have been because I HEATED the MN. So I added some unheated MN to my mixture. I hope that I get good results this time. I was used the mixture on and off for the month of November. I had gotten really good results before this![/quote]

ok I am so sorry that you heated the MN I know that it must have ruin the MN. anyway we live and learn and I know that you will get growth ok. also did you say you got growth when you tried it again or what

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I had just added more MN the day before. I'm in a sew-in now and still using MN but, once I started using improved mixture, my NG became more noticeable. I'll be able to tell how well it's worked once I take my hair down in about 2 weeks.

My mixture is kinda simular to yours!

1 tube of MN 2%
coconut oil
castor oil
Tea Tree EO
Peppermint EO
Wonder 8 Oil
Sulfur Powder (very little)
Sulfur 8 reg and I have a mixture with light
Kid's organics shea butter
Shea/Mango butter blend

It's creamy and I apply and to my scalp at least every other day.

LABETT

I have been getting good results with my mixture of
Virgin Hair Vertilizer
Family Dollar MN
Coconut Oil
EMU Oil
JBCO

iaec06

ladies I am so sorry I am now checking in I had guest in from the Bahamas and it was a bunch also they brought me the gift of the flu that my entire family is fighting together . I will get to all your pms very soon
I am so thankful that the ladies are answering the questions for me thanks bunches...

iaec06

I mix a generic MN creme with various oils and shake. But basically the MN creme just sits on the bottom of the applicator bottle. Am i still getting the benefits - is the MN properties 'leaking' into the oil or smthg? TIA for answering my slightly stupid question :blush:

shake it up like a salt shaker :grin:

iaec06

Here's my recipe that I made and just started using yesterday.
1 tube MN 2%
1/2 jar Sulfur 8
1T grapeseed oil
1T castor oil
1T olive oil

I put that on my scalp beginning last nite but I hate that sulfur smell :nono:.
For now, I am just going to use it on my edges until I get some EO's and use a different recipe.

well i know that the peppermint oil works for me as far as for the scent

iaec06

I use about 1 - 2oz of surge plus 14 in my mn mix. It's very drying if you don't use some kind of water-based moisturizer in the mix, like BB oil moisturizer or you could use mane and tail oilive oil and/or carrot oil both in the jar. They're great hair moisturizers that do not contain any mineral oil or petrolatum.

ok aggie this is the thruth and i see the growth on that head good work girl :look:

iaec06

I have two mixes one with a water based moisturizer:
ORS olive oil,
1tsp of sulfur,
1 tube of NN (family dollar)
10 drops of Rosemary oil

The other is a spray mix:

purified water
1 tube of MN
3 table spoons of Glycerine
2 table spoons of Salerm 21 leave in
10 drops of rosemary oil

I shake it up and spray onmy scalp since Im in twists for a while My scalp loves it. Feels nice and fresh.

i like this mix

iaec06

Okay yall convinced me !
2 drops of rosemary E.O.

GOOD LUCH AND HAPPY GROWING

2grlsandme

Ooh I love this thread. I started my MN journey1 week ago and I hope I get the same results as all here. happy growing everyone..

lilamae

dang..these recipes are too darn complicated... one drop of this, 2 drops of that...what ever happened to K. I. S. S? I hear of many people getting results on MN alone so why we gotta be all extra with it.

And how do you know what's causing the growth if you have 17 ingredients? i dunno....but for me it's just this simple:

1. MN
2. Coconut oil

This mix got me 1.5 inches in five weeks. so take that!.. witch brewers:lachen: Besides, don't y'all know the saying...less is more

(hec i might have to turn this into my own thread)