MN USERS, and interested ladies support thread and recipes

iaec06

question ladies, I'm new to this and have been trying to do the MN using iaec06's formula minus the essential oils. I find it a bit oily though and cannot apply as frequent as I'd like because of this. Should my mixture be really oily, or should it be tweaked. Should I just do more frequent washes in between?

My mix is very creamy as miss hicks said about the 2 tubes do you use 2 tubes or just 1.. also you can use less oil if you would like. i know that I need it because I have a dry head and my hair is like a sponge and sucks up whatever I put on it. ladies please remember there is really no wrong mix because the MN cleans the scalp which promote faster growth .

I know a girl that only use the MN and the sulfur 8 grease and she got awesome growth aswell ok.

also mrs. hicks can you please post the link on MN in this thread so we al can have a reference to look at instead of doing extensive searches. TIA

mch5683

I just started again with my mixture recently because my nape is constantly breaking off and i thought this as well as some other changes would help.

Anywho, I use:

1 tube Anybrand MN (usually Walmart or Target brand)
EVOO Oil
Coconut Oil
Amla Oil

Since reading this thread on my next batch I will add a few drops of my pepermint oil.

Thanks for this thread...right on time! :yep:

LovelyRo

My last mn mix did nothing for me. I read through this thread yesterday and realized that it could have been because I HEATED the MN. So I added some unheated MN to my mixture. I hope that I get good results this time. I was used the mixture on and off for the month of November. I had gotten really good results before this!

lucy

mrshicks2002 said:
Sorry but I just ETA that the last time I used two tubes of MN to help with the problem of all the oilyness. So using two tubes helped me balance it and my mixture is more like a creamy oily texture.

With using this mixture I still only wash at least once a week.

thanks, I'm trying to stick to washing only once a week, since the weather is cool.

My mix is very creamy as miss hicks said about the 2 tubes do you use 2 tubes or just 1.. also you can use less oil if you would like. i know that I need it because I have a dry head and my hair is like a sponge and sucks up whatever I put on it. ladies please remember there is really no wrong mix because the MN cleans the scalp which promote faster growth .

I know a girl that only use the MN and the sulfur 8 grease and she got awesome growth aswell ok.

I used 2 tubes, but its still leaves my hair really oily. I think I'm gonna pour out some of the oil, or just be easy on applying it, until I'm in braids or a sew-in.

iaec06

I just started again with my mixture recently because my nape is constantly breaking off and i thought this as well as some other changes would help.

Anywho, I use:

1 tube Anybrand MN (usually Walmart or Target brand)
EVOO Oil
Coconut Oil
Amla Oil

Since reading this thread on my next batch I will add a few drops of my pepermint oil.

Thanks for this thread...right on time! :yep:
very good and your hair is beautiful .

iaec06

My last mn mix did nothing for me. I read through this thread yesterday and realized that it could have been because I HEATED the MN. So I added some unheated MN to my mixture. I hope that I get good results this time. I was used the mixture on and off for the month of November. I had gotten really good results before this![/quote]

ok I am so sorry that you heated the MN I know that it must have ruin the MN. anyway we live and learn and I know that you will get growth ok. also did you say you got growth when you tried it again or what

iaec06

thanks, I'm trying to stick to washing only once a week, since the weather is cool.

I used 2 tubes, but its still leaves my hair really oily. I think I'm gonna pour out some of the oil, or just be easy on applying it, until I'm in braids or a sew-in.

that is great and I also pm other options to you.
i like your cornrow idea as well.
this is how I feel about cornrows and why they work for me . synthetic hair is very drying to hair and anyform of no manipulation in braids usually grow the hair IMO so to me the use of my MN mix has all the moister and oils to maintain my hair and to combat drying . if you all see how my hair looks the day after I apply my mix it is well moisterized and no film on my scalp .. but again everyone is totally different and can't take much of anything on thier scalp so ladies figure out what is the right consistency in mixture for you . and keep up this thread

Sojournertruth

I keep my MN mix simple. I part my hair apply MD on my scalp then apply BT ( Boundless Tresses). I have also found that applying some BT to my strands strengthens them.

iaec06

I keep my MN mix simple. I part my hair apply MD on my scalp then apply BT ( Boundless Tresses). I have also found that applying some BT to my strands strengthens them.

wow that is very good to hear maybe the ladies that use the MN bt mix can also try this thanks

dlove

Hi Ladies,

My MN mix, shaken well, consist of:
  1. 2 tubes of Family $ MN
  2. EVOO
  3. Coconut Oil
  4. Giovanni Direct Leave In (most of the ingredients have essential oils- rosemary, etc.)
I have been MNing for a month. I BC'd in April and got a lower cut for shaping purposes in May. My hair is 3 inches in its shrunken state, 4 inches stretched. The only way I know my hair is growing is when I plait it up at night. Ladies, the plaits are getting long.... I may straighten it for Christmas to check on length.

iaec06

Hi Ladies,

My MN mix, shaken well, consist of:
  1. 2 tubes of Family $ MN
  2. EVOO
  3. Coconut Oil
  4. Giovanni Direct Leave In (most of the ingredients have essential oils- rosemary, etc.)
I have been MNing for a month. I BC'd in April and got a lower cut for shaping purposes in May. My hair is 3 inches in its shrunken state, 4 inches stretched. The only way I know my hair is growing is when I plait it up at night. Ladies, the plaits are getting long.... I may straighten it for Christmas to check on length.

please take pics of your NG b4 you press so that we can see your results ok. good for you on your growth girl

Aggie

:wave: Okay this is a nice thread to keep up with our MN progress. I'm a newbie but I'm all up in this one. I started using MN officially on November 11th. I want to keep this up for at least 6 or 7 months. I have a big trip planned to go to my niece's wedding in Canada next August and I want looooong hair.

I pretty much use iaec06 recipe but I tweaked a little bit. This is my recipe:-

2 tubes of MN (monistat 7 and will be using monistat 3 later)
1/2 jar sulfur 8 grease (add 1 Tbsp flowers of sulfur powder)
12 drops each of peppermint, tea tree and rosemary essential oils
6 drops each of cedarwood and ylang ylang essential oils
1oz African shea butter oil (from amazon.com)
3oz castor oil
3oz coconut oil
2oz surge plus 14 hair revitalizer
1oz extra virgin olive oil
2oz jojoba oil
1oz grapeseed oil
1oz vegetable glycerine
1oz Africa's Best carrot-tea tree oil
3oz BB oil moisturizer (pink and white bottle)
2oz BB moisturizing growth lotion (has amla in it)

I have to make a big batch because I don't have the time to make it as I go. That is just too time consuming and tiring for me.

Note - I just ordered my Boundless Tresses yesterday so some more tweaking will be done when it arrives. I may just decide to use it on my scalp every morning and wear it during the day under my fashionable wigs.

TASHA - YOU ROCK!!!!!!:yay:

THANKS GURL.

Last edited:

pear

I made your mix on Thursday!

I pretty much followed your recipe but did half the batch. The changes I made were to up the amount of tea tree oil, I added jojoba oil, deleted the grapeseed oil (didn't have any) and I added an ounce of "Hot Six" oil. I have been applying it daily. I really like the creamy consistency and the fact that it is not extremely oily. I like the way my scalp feels moisturized and I also like the slight tingly feeling on my scalp when applied.

I am hoping that this will help reduce my dry, flaky scalp and help my edges to grow (relaxers have made them virtually non-existant!).

Thank you for sharing your recipe. Your growth is AMAZING!!!!!! :drunk:

mch5683

very good and your hair is beautiful .

Thank You for the compliment. This picture was taken before my nape setback...it's not looking like this at the moment, but I am determined to nurse my nape back to health. I am very impressed with your progress. At what rate did your hair grow before using the mn?

Also, I went to Family Dollar but could not find any MN. Is there something special about the one from family dollar (aside from the obvious-the price). Does it have a heavier % of the sulfur? :perplexed

Creatividual

Here's my MN mix recipe:

ORS Hair Fertilizer
tube of Monistat MN 2%
10 drops peppermint oil
10 drips rosemary oil

I apply it to my scalp every other night.

I started using it a couple weeks after my October relaxer and within 2 weeks, my hair started growing like crazy. My NG is thicker and even softer. I plan on relaxing the end of this month. Let's see how much growth I get!:grin:

almondjoi85

:sekret: GOSH ... after reading what everyone has to say. I think i'm going to family dollar tomorrow morning to get some MN and start mixing. I really didn't wanna put u know what cream on my head but i want some super growth too! :look:

PhoenixRose360

I just started using the MN mix last weekend. Here's my mix

1 tube of Family Dollar MN
1 tube of Dollar Tree Athlete's foot
1 oz Shea Butter oil
1 oz Aloe Vera Oil
1 oz Carrot Oil
1 oz Tea Tree Oil

I put the mixture in the microwave to loosen up the MN and Athlete's foot mixture and added the oils. So far so good, I've been using the mixture every other nite, but it makes my hair kinda greasy. I think the next time I mix this, I won't put as much oil. I use the pointy tipped applicator, part my hair, apply it to my scalp and massage it in.

Alisha08

Hey ladies, and great thread OP!! I just bought some MN and want to make a mix of it and Tea Tree Oil but I have a quick question: are ya'll using the INTERNAL cream or the EXTERNAL cream (if ya know what I mean)??? Because the internal cream in my box has 4& MN in it, while the external has 2%.

dreysonsmommy2011

POST YOUR RECIPE Mine is simple
1 or 2 tubes of MN (Dollar General Brand)
2 squirts of 024(pics in fotki)
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN USING IT COMPARISON RESULTS going on 6 months

HOW DO YOU APPLY IT As if I were "greasing" my scalp
NEW GROWTH PIC in fotki

I apply daily, every other day when I am lazy

Posting updates on Jan.10,2008 so stay tuned to my fotki:grin:

iaec06

POST YOUR RECIPE Mine is simple
1 or 2 tubes of MN (Dollar General Brand)
2 squirts of 024(pics in fotki)
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN USING IT COMPARISON RESULTS going on 6 months

HOW DO YOU APPLY IT As if I were "greasing" my scalp
NEW GROWTH PIC in fotki

I apply daily, every other day when I am lazy

Posting updates on Jan.10,2008 so stay tuned to my fotki:grin:
girl I was wondering when you were going to get in here, thanks for posting ok .

Peaches75

2 tubes of Family Dollar Brand MN
BB growth lotion
BT

I put it in a bottle and apply it every other day, but after seeing some of your recipes I think I would like to switch mine up a bit. When I first did it I used sulfur 8 & mn and I saw good growth but my hair would feel greasy that is why i decided to go with a lotion this time, but we'll see.

Glitter

Can I get some feedback on what I'm planning to do? I want a "grease like" texture to my mix.

1 tablespoon MN
2 tablespoon BT revitalizing hair balm
1 tablespoon almond oil

Do you think this will work? I'l probably start this after the holidays.

iaec06

2 tubes of Family Dollar Brand MN
BB growth lotion
BT

I put it in a bottle and apply it every other day, but after seeing some of your recipes I think I would like to switch mine up a bit. When I first did it I used sulfur 8 & mn and I saw good growth but my hair would feel greasy
that is why i decided to go with a lotion this time, but we'll see.

that is why I started this thread so that ladies can find different recipes and suggestions .. I hope this one is no to greasy for you .

iaec06

Can I get some feedback on what I'm planning to do? I want a "grease like" texture to my mix.

1 tablespoon MN
2 tablespoon BT revitalizing hair balm
1 tablespoon almond oil

Do you think this will work? I'l probably start this after the holidays.

Is the bt balm a solid like regular grease ?
well I think if it is then you pretty much got what you desire in this mix. ok .
but if not then you may need some unpertrolium ( you may want to do a search o n this ok ) I have never used it but read on another forum that this can give themix a grease texture

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
although no one will believe me because i dont have pics to prove ( no digital cam) this MN mix definitely works! :grin: I got kinky twist done two weeks ago and the new growth is unbelieveable. I apply every two days also. Thanx Tasha!

iaec06

although no one will believe me because i dont have pics to prove ( no digital cam) this MN mix definitely works! :grin: I got kinky twist done two weeks ago and the new growth is unbelieveable. I apply every two days also. Thanx Tasha!
GIRL I believe you and so what that you don't have a camera yet ..maybe santa will bring you one this year ( fingers crossed) I am happy that your hair is thriving .

Mandy4610

I wanted those ladies that use MN to post your mix here so others can try them or even offer advice on mixing and so fort. I figure since there are many of you trying it again or even for thr first time can come in this thread to check in, update your mixes and hair updates ( pics please :yep:. )also I feel that everyone has thier own opinion on using certain growth aids but for the ones not using and or not interested or just browsing please keep negative comments to yourselves thank you. I would like this thread to be positive . I FEEL IF YOU ARE GOING TO TRY MN PLEASE GIVE IT ATLEAST 2 WEEKS TO HAVE THE BEST COMPARISON BECAUSE I ALWAYS HAVE RESULTS AFTER THIS TIME FRAME .. HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS ( HEADACHES) WITH USING IT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY OF THE LADIES IN THIS THREAD THAT HAS POSTED WITH RESULTS ADVICE ON MAYBE TWEEKING YOUR MIX .

POST YOUR RECIPE
2 tubes Family dollar Brand MN $5.00
1/2 jar sulfur 8 grease (I think sulfur powder would be just fine for those worried about the ingredients in the grease.)
1/2 bottle bb moisterizing lotion
20 drops each rosemary and peppermint essential oil
3oz coconut oil
3oz castor oil
other oils I add are as follows
1oz shea butter oil $.99
1oz tea tree oil ^
1oz olive oil ^
1oz grape seed oil ^
and I also add a generic oil called africas best oil

this recipes makes about 4 8 oz bottles which last me a long time so when I get pms this is the only recipe I go by therefore you will have to decide your own proportions for a smaller batch ok.
Also I feel that as long as you have the MN, SULFUR, ESSENTIAL OILS, CARRIER OILS AND SOME TYPE OF MOISTERIZER .. IT SHOULD WORK
I just liek to make a whole lot because the sulfur 8 grease needs to be whipped really good and the coconut oil melted and I don't which to do this very often .

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN USING IT This is my start date and pic 08/07
COMPARISON RESULTS date and pic

10/07

HOW DO YOU APPLY IT I add this mixture to my scalp every 2 days at night

NEW GROWTH PIC

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS OR SPECIAL NOTES YOU WISH TO ADD ABOUT YOUR MN REGIMINE Here are a few good helpful questions and ansewrs another lady asked
1. It's o.k. to heat ALL ingredients together or would that kill the properties of the MN? (I find that if I leave my coconut oil in a warm room, it does melt nicely without actually heating.) I only melt the coconut oil seperate and then I melt the SULFUR 8... I think melting the MN will ruin it for sure

2. Once the mixture is applied to the scalp, is it o.k. to then massage and rub it in? yes it is ok to massage it in I just wear a plastic cap over my head for a few hours at night to let it penetrate .. but some wommen rub it in

3. How often is the mixture applied to the scalp? Daily? Every other day? Twice a week? you can apply it as much as you want to I just do it every 2 days because I don't want too much build up

To Iae06, looks like you got an inch a month or a bit more. yes I think i got about that much or so

4. Can you explain other aspects of your regimen like shampoos/conditioner/deep conditioners/moisturizers? before i started going to the dominicans I washed every 2 weeks after i took out my cornrows.. poos i use mane and tale, CON, and panteene
clarify with nexxus
DC i use ORS replenishing pack, ORS hair mayo, alter ego garlic
moisturizing conditon- CON
leave ins - salerm 21
ladies I used either or at different washes then I would blow dry my hair ..
now I only get roller set and i relax every 6 weeks

5. Is this mixture drying? Does your scalp dry out? my scalp does not dry out infact i thick my scalp stays moist all day long but i natually have dry hair that is why i add so many oils and stuff.

6. Do you use any other growth aid? Topical or otherwise? I do not use any other growth aid no vitamins no shakes no nothing i have in the past but I have alwasy been a person to try one thing alone and see it effect and since the MN has gien me the most growth I have stucked with it..
I need to start taking a multi vitamin though also I DRINK 6 BOTTLES OF WATER A DAY

7. No side effects like headaches, dry scalp, dandruff? back when i first heard about MN in feduary i tried it but did not add anything to it and boy did I get headches then I was like I am going to try this again .. so I figured since everyone was making thier own MTG with all kinds of oils and stuff why not make my own mix of MN

Also I Would like to add tha I have never had any extra shedding out of the norm due to using MN however I noticed that I have to either get a relaxer sooner or attemp to tame my NG ..
How big are your MN tubes?

Mandy4610

This is what I am planning to use

1 tube MN monistat 2%
1/2 jar of sulfur 8 (should I melt the sulfur 8?)
EVOO
castor oil
carrot oil
and maybe BT (not sure yet, too much at the same time?)

I have to figue out how much of the oils I am supposed to add.

Question for those using Monistat 4%. where do you get this from? The only one I found was the one in the prefilled applicators. So, do you empty the applicators or is the a one that comes in a tube and is 4%. I only found 2% in the tube.