MHM Hangout

discodumpling

I am such a gel junkie! Y'all should have seen me scraping the bottom of my jar of Super Wet this morning LOL! I'll be combing my local 99 cent stores this evening cause I can't live without it! I ended up using Eco on some portions of my hair...this will be interesting to see how it dries.

Today is my Thursday and I can't wait to play in my hair tomorrow! Full MHM from CLT through Gel!!

nycutiepie

I finished everything last night and ended with 4 flat twist since I'm wigging it. I tested my porosity after my DC for the first time since I started back in Jan and I'm still lo po. My hair just floated in the water. I'm assuming that it will never change since my hair is in the best condition ever.

It's interesting because when I was relaxed, I always thought my hair was highly porous since relaxers always took very quickly. I guess it's difficult to tell when your hair is in a chemically altered state.

Guinan

Re-Branding
2Day of doing the full reggie and so far so good. The only thing is my hair felt alittle dry and my right side had more frizz. I'm thinking it's b/c I did a clay rinse. We'll see tomorrow when i do the full clay step.

Tonight i plan on using protein.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Got a semi permanent today...my coils are waving HELLO! Because the dew point is decent today, I sprayed Oyin's Greg juice after applying my gel and my hair is popping and shinning!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

msbettyboop

My trader joes tea tree tingle conditioner finally arrived after a 6 week wait. That's the last time I order from these jokers!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I want to get a color for the summer and I'm wondering how the MHM will affect it. Have you been colored all along?

In my experience, a non permanent color won't affect t it other than fading faster due to the frequent washing while doing mhm. I had a demi applied back in February and I recently recalled thats the time when my hair looked the best. I noticed decreased shine and clumping when my color faded significantly...coincidence, I'm not sure...

I only did a semi this time because she didn't have any and I didn't have time to wait for her to grab more from the beauty supply. Otherwise I prefer a demi permanent.

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Currently have my DC in. Tonight session was a process. I accidentally fell asleep and when i woke it was 8pm. So i had to make dinner and do my hair.

I also forgot that I needed to do protein. So i had to do my protein after I did my ACV. I usually prefer to do protein then ACV. Surprisingly my hair was soft & felt moisturized after rinsing out the protein. Btw, i use millcreek botanical jojoba conditioner, diluted with water as my protein.

discodumpling

This is what i'm working with after co wash leave in and Eco gel this morning I also did a quick diffuser cause the Eco sealed NOTHING this morning! My hair was dripping more than i cared for so out came the diffuser.
Gonna buy my yogurt today so I can CLT tomorrow!

AJellyCake

Any (hi po?) people still doing the original regimen? Or are we all 'modified' now?
I'm low-po and still doing the original regimen. ETA: I actually haven't tried Dubaidee's modified method but I probably will. But I also like how conditioner makes my hair smell, so if it's not hurting my hair, I'll probably continue to use it.

She also says the no conditioner method is for low-po, low density hair. And my hair is really dense. Soooo.... We'll see.

Last edited:

faithVA

I've been away for a while and haven't consistently been doing the method. On Saturday, I did a keratin protein treatment and then used the sodium bentonite. I put it up in twist and perm rods and its been that way since. Last night I left the twist in while I did a water rinse just to rehydrate. After rinsing, I took out each twist, added curling cream and retwisted. I put perm rods in the front.

My hair is staying soft and more hydrated longer.

I'm still trying to get this color change shampoo to work, so I will be doing it and clct tomorrow. I will skip the clay until 3 days after.

Ajna

I am trying to find balance with this method and it is quite tricky

Recently I have been getting knots at the end of my hair which mean I probably need a trim

But my biggest issue is my hair is starting to feel dry and for lack of a better word the shaft feels like it is raised. To counter this I think I am going to shampoo and use a vinegar rinse the DC with steam.

Out of curiosity does anyone doing this method pre poo??

GGsKin

Recently I have been getting knots at the end of my hair which mean I probably need a trim

But my biggest issue is my hair is starting to feel dry and for lack of a better word the shaft feels like it is raised. To counter this I think I am going to shampoo and use a vinegar rinse the DC with steam.

I haven't used shampoo on my hair since I started this regimen 6 months ago because 1. I haven't needed it. 2. shampoo isn't called for within this regimen, unless following DubaiDee4c's modification for beginners.

I've never really pre pood before either- at least knowingly (thanks LHCF I love this place). Perhaps someone who has will chime in.

ETA: I've also been feeling knots on the ends of my hair (and cutting when I do)- particularly the lower half. I am putting this down to the fact that I am wearing my natural hair unstretched, so perhaps this is what comes with the territory(?).

Last edited:

faithVA

Are you doing the full regimen? Using baking soda? Using bentonite? Using acv?

I shampoo but that is only because I color my hair or in the winter I was using heavy butters. I don't prepoo because it makes my hair fluff out versus being defined.

GGsKin

I also forgot that I needed to do protein. So i had to do my protein after I did my ACV. I usually prefer to do protein then ACV. Surprisingly my hair was soft & felt moisturized after rinsing out the protein. Btw, i use millcreek botanical jojoba conditioner, diluted with water as my protein.

Thanks for mentioning this pelohello. I ordered this conditoner today. I feel that my crown area and hairline could do with seeing how some proper protein effects the areas (hopefully positively) and I like that it has no cones. Looking forward to trying it out.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Thanks for mentioning this pelohello. I ordered this conditoner today. I feel that my crown area and hairline could do with seeing how some proper protein effects the areas (hopefully positively) and I like that it has no cones. Looking forward to trying it out.

Yea, I. Love this conditioner. This is the closest "natural" conditioner that I could find. I've been using this for yrs. For me, i consider this to be a hard protein. When i was relaxed i only could leave it on for 1min, due to protein overload. As a natural, ive been able to leave it on for almost 20mins. I diltuted mines yesterday and my hair responded well, so I think I will continue diluting the conditioner.

Btw, when I was relaxed the conditioner used to slightly burn alittle around my hairline. I have no clue why. As a natural it doesn't. Is this ur 1st time using this conditioner? If so, test it on ur hand or a small patch of hair.

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I completed my 3rd day early this morning. I used FSG for my gel. It was awesome! I made it super thick yesterday. I will def make tonight's batch the same way.

I've been keeping a close eye for any breakage but surprisingly I haven't noticed any unusual breakage. Usually my hair doesn't like alot of manipulation. I will still keep an eye out for it though, and if I see any out of the norm; I will reduce doing MHM.

GGsKin

Yea, I. Love this conditioner. This is the closest "natural" conditioner that I could find. I've been using this for yrs. For me, i consider this to be a hard protein. When i was relaxed i only could leave it on for 1min, due to protein overload. As a natural, ive been able to leave it on for almost 20mins. I diltuted mines yesterday and my hair responded well, so I think I will continue diluting the conditioner.

Btw, when I was relaxed the conditioner used to slightly burn alittle around my hairline. I have no clue why. As a natural it doesn't. Is this ur 1st time using this conditioner? If so, test it on ur hand or a small patch of hair.

I've never used Mill Creek Jojoba botanical so I will test it out first. Thanks for the warning. I don't usually test things:drunk:. My head/hair hasn't been particularly sensitive and can usually withstand a lot (straight haired natural, and relaxed days).

Guinan

Re-Branding
I will have to resume doing MHM on Sunday due to my work schedule. I currently have my DC in from yesterday, that I let dry. I will probably wear a hat or a wig

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I just got to Atlanta and I don't have KCCC with me :-(. I brought my Deva Curl travel kit because i had it but I'm thinking I should just grab a small jar of KCCC and leave it with a relative when I leave. Ain't nobody got time for bad vacation hair.

GGsKin

I was wondering if anyone was oil rinsing their hair. I did this on Monday and it made a big difference in my day 2 and even day 3 hair!

I've been doing this since I started the modified regimen about 3 weeks ago. My hair is definitely responding well:yep:.

I did MHM on my cousin tonight. We took out her 8 week old weave, shampood with diluted shampoo. I gave her a CLCT and clay. Finished by applying undiluted KCKT and braiding in prep for a wig. She's really interested in my regimen and was amazed at how easily I detangled her hair.
ETA: 1.L/ Hair shampooed, R/ Cherry Lola Caramel Treatment. 2 L/ CLCT, R/ Clay- c.bentonite/ rhassoul. 3. L/ Clay, R/ after clay (before leave in).

Attachments

• 2015-04-04_00.24.55.jpg
    2015-04-04_00.24.55.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Ajna

Are you doing the full regimen? Using baking soda? Using bentonite? Using acv?

I shampoo but that is only because I color my hair or in the winter I was using heavy butters. I don't prepoo because it makes my hair fluff out versus being defined.

Yes I am doing the full regime still. At first I thought it was the combination of gels I have been using recently I was trying to get rid of the Deva Curl but then I switched back to camille rose and had the same issue.

I ended up washing my hair with black soap aloe and neem which is my shampoo, DC'sd with steam and did the vinegar rinse it felt better now I have my rassoul clay on so we shall see. I think I may skip the gel for a few days

Ajna

I was wondering if anyone was oil rinsing their hair. I did this on Monday and it made a big difference in my day 2 and even day 3 hair!

I used to do that all the time and I have not since I started this regimen thanks for the reminder I think I may add it back. Are you doing it after the baking soda and before the DC?