MHM Hangout

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I was reflecting in the time I enjoyed my hair the most and I immediately was taken to the time I had my demi permanent done. My hair had shine and was the most coily/curly its ever been since my BC. I also realized my hair started losing its ump when the demi started wearing out...needless to say, I'll be scheduling my demi this week.

Today m hair look really nice while wet so I'm hoping for better results after it dries. I didn't add ACV to my clay today and I applied KCKT and rinsed out 90% of it. I'll see how doing it this way works for a while. The last few weeks, my hair looked a mess after it dried so we'll see how it looks later today.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

trebell

Last Thursday I did the full regi and I warmed my conditioner up and that made a difference. My hair is looking to good to wash. I'll do again tomorrow. image-2510582364.jpg image-3756731143.jpg

Last edited:

HopefulOne

HopefulOne, For a while I was adding Irish Moss to my clay. I have it in powder form. I can't remember any big changes, but I felt like I was doing something. :lol: It changed the texture of the clay, though. It was a smoother blend, iirc.

I really like the kelp tea it makes a difference in shine. It is going to be a staple for me.

HopefulOne

I really like the kelp tea it makes a difference in shine. It is going to be a staple for me.

ETA I have been doing a lot of reading about how Japanese women do hair and skincare. I know that nothing is going to make type 1 but the kelp does really help with shine and I have been using rice bran oil on my face and my skin is gorgeous if I do say so myself.

GGsKin

Washed today- water rinse, rhassoul/sodium clay and KCCC. I didn't want to like the watery clay for some reason- I think I'd just got used to the consistency of my original mix, however I can't help but love it. This version is making it easier and easier for my hair to separate into smaller sections (like only a few hairs) to detangle.
I left that flaxseed stuff alone for now, I will probably use some tomorrow to prep and slick my puff-to-be.
ETA: I also applied grapeseed oil and wheatgerm oil and rinsed quickly before applying gel.

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I currently have my DC in and I plan on leaving it in overnight.

I did my ACV rinse differently this time. I did equal parts of 4oz and my hair responded well. I also left it on for 15min.

I have almost everything prepared for my wash tomorrow. I just have to make FSG.

I mixed my clay differently too. I did 1/4 cup clay, 1tbsp of shea butter and 2cups water. I really like the consistency. I like it too be watery, cause I do a clay rinse. I'll see how my hair likes it tomorrow.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to do my usual clay rinse or leave the clay on for the recommended time.

Decisions decisions. ..

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm working on DD's hair. I rinsed her hair, then clay (rhassoul/calcium betonite mix) then watered down kckt and CR Almond Jai twist butter. I plan to twist stretch (large) today and tomorrow then do a twistout for her school.m piano recital on Thursday.

Besides all the long hair to detangle and separating the coils, it was much easier than before. Its starting to clump like crazy! She has been my one kid who I believed had 4z hair but the more I know the more I love it no matter what her hair type is. I'm looking forward to easier detangling and more hang time!!

sweetpea7

slapped some Perfectly un done on my w-n-g puffs but I smoothed it into one hanging curl and it like straightened it out. It was completely dry and straight. My curl promptly returned on wetting it and rubbing off the conditioner

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I finished her hair...2.5 hours from start to finish! As for my wng today...its still nice and shiny, it looks really, really nice y'all. Tomorrow I'm going to document everything I did from start to finish and repeat it for the rest of the month and April.

One thing I did today that I never did before was apply, separate and smoothed my hair to my head then put on a plastic cap and a scarf so it would stay. I also didn't use ACV in my clay this time. Fingers crossed my hair will stay on track X

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I currently have my clay in. I opted to leave the clay in for 15mins. I think tomorrow, I will do a clay rinse. The consistency of the clay was perfect and just melted in my hair.

aharri23

I don't know if it's just me, but I hate watery clay rinses. I feel like I don't get all of my hair, and I can't detangle. I will do a clay treatment 1x a week with a thick mix and for during the week I will probably do water washing or ACV rinses. I noticed I have to use like half a pound of rhassoul to get a thick mixture lol.

Guinan

Re-Branding
All done. The 1st couple of pics are after rinsing out the clay & about 50% dry. The last couple of pics is with my mixture of fsg & about 3tbsp of goddess curls gel

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150331_105239.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150331_105239.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 44
  • ForumRunner_20150331_105249.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150331_105249.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 38
  • ForumRunner_20150331_105258.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150331_105258.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 34
  • ForumRunner_20150331_105306.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150331_105306.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 37
  • ForumRunner_20150331_105319.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150331_105319.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 32
  • ForumRunner_20150331_105330.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150331_105330.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 39
  • ForumRunner_20150331_105341.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150331_105341.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 35

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I don't know if it's just me, but I hate watery clay rinses. I feel like I don't get all of my hair, and I can't detangle. I will do a clay treatment 1x a week with a thick mix and for during the week I will probably do water washing or ACV rinses. I noticed I have to use like half a pound of rhassoul to get a thick mixture lol.
Hey @ahari23, I remember you from the other MHM forum site. We loved Radiant Volume :yep: I'm no longer doing MHM but like to keep up w/how everyone's doing. Anyway, it's not just you. Even before starting MHM I always liked thick, creamy clay rinses. I still use them. Rhassoul was the worst for me. It's too thin and left me w/zero curl definition.

aharri23

Hey @ahari23, I remember you from the other MHM forum site. We loved Radiant Volume :yep: I'm no longer doing MHM but like to keep up w/how everyone's doing. Anyway, it's not just you. Even before starting MHM I always liked thick, creamy clay rinses. I still use them. Rhassoul was the worst for me. It's too thin and left me w/zero curl definition.

Hey I remember you too! Yep I remember walgreens being sold out because of us :lol:. Unfortunately I have 4 lbs of rhassoul to use up, but I would like to switch back to bentonite.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Hey I remember you too! Yep I remember walgreens being sold out because of us :lol:. Unfortunately I have 4 lbs of rhassoul to use up, but I would like to switch back to bentonite.
@aharri23 - LOL...I was afraid MHMers would have the same affect on sodium bentonite clay when DubaiDee4c and msdeekay gave their raving reviews...so I got 4 lbs off Amazon. But I had already switched to sodium bentonite last year. That's a shame you have 4 lbs of rhassoul. Maybe you can sell them. But it's so thin you may go thru them quickly.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

I like my clay rinses thick too, I get better definition this way. Watered down and nothing happens but dryness. I'm now doing the modified version on my DD so going thru clay is going to be expensive but oh well. I just ordered 5lbs if Rhassoul from butters n bars during the flash sale and will mix dd's with bentonite to balance the costs.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I like my clay rinses thick too, I get better definition this way. Watered down and nothing happens but dryness. I'm now doing the modified version on my DD so going thru clay is going to be expensive but oh well. I just ordered 5lbs if Rhassoul from butters n bars during the flash sale and will mix dd's with bentonite to balance the costs.

How do y'all avoid getting clumps when it's thick? When i used to make my thick, I kept getting thick clumps.

GGsKin

aharri23 Ordinary milk thickens the mixture a lot. Try using a little with your usual mix and you'll use less clay with it. The first time I tried milk after you mentioned it, I made a batch that was way too thick because I only used milk and used my normal (*at the time) amount of clay- about 5 scoops.

Also how do you apply your clay, that you feel like you don't get all your hair?

GGsKin

How do y'all avoid getting clumps when it's thick? When i used to make my thick, I kept getting thick clumps.

Add about a teaspoon or less of ACV. It reacts with the clay and makes it a lot smoother. I shake mine in a bottle to mix and still tend to get a mix without clumps. Too much will really water down your clay though.

Last edited:

GGsKin

I slept with my hair our and uncovered last night as I was still very wet by bed time (I finished my hair at 11.30). I didn't want to roll and tuck as just once I wanted my hair to dry without me further manipulating it- my hair stretches out so easily. Anyhow, I just slept on my front on my arms and I must've kept quite still because I woke up with great hair:grin:.

How I wore it today.

Attachments

• 2015-03-31_19.49.54.jpg
    2015-03-31_19.49.54.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 64

nycutiepie

I use gloves when I work with the clay and I squish it with my fingers. I keep saying I'm gonna get a plastic hand mixer that's electric but the fingers work fine too.

AJellyCake

Hey, everyone.

So I realized my nappiversary has come! My last relaxer was 4 years ago. I'm so happy as a natural. My hair is past waist length. Lol just thought I'd share.

MHM has been a game changer for me. With this freezing weather, I've only been doing the full regimen once per week. I'll step it up now that the weather is getting warmer, but now I also have to deal with gel getting all over my clothes.

I will probably post an update thread at some point.

I'm still figuring out MHM, but I'm so glad to be on this journey with you all.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I slept with my hair our and uncovered last night as I was still very wet by bed time (I finished my hair at 11.30). I didn't want to roll and tuck as just once I wanted my hair to dry without me further manipulating it- my hair stretches out so easily. Anyhow, I just slept on my front on my arms and I must've kept quite still because I woke up with great hair:grin:. How I wore it today.
Wish I could find a way not to sleep like a wild animal! Love your hair.

Lisa

All done. The 1st couple of pics are after rinsing out the clay & about 50% dry. The last couple of pics is with my mixture of fsg & about 3tbsp of goddess curls gel

I slept with my hair our and uncovered last night as I was still very wet by bed time (I finished my hair at 11.30). I didn't want to roll and tuck as just once I wanted my hair to dry without me further manipulating it- my hair stretches out so easily. Anyhow, I just slept on my front on my arms and I must've kept quite still because I woke up with great hair:grin:.

How I wore it today.

Dang!l Ya'll are making me want to cut off my relaxed ends. I need to stay in this thread because late last week I was itching for the creamy crack! But I resisted and now seeing all these beautiful curls makes me glad I did!

Holla4mom

Over the weekend, I did the CLCT lo porosity recipe on my hair and the CLCT high porosity on my lo density, 4a daughter. Her hair seems to need conditioner, so I followed up with a deep conditioner and she was done, no time for clay step, so I finished with a flaxseed gel/okra mix and did two french braids overnight. She received a lot of compliments at church on Sunday.

My 8 year old has stumbled upon the CG method for herself as she has been co-washing her hair in the shower and then using flaxseed gel afterwards because she wants her curls to look good for an event where she is speaking this Saturday. She is a trip. I DC'ed her normal porosity, 3c hair on Saturday as well, and stretched her wash and go overnight. She had a head of pretty curls on Sunday.

Holla4mom

I wore my hair out from the wig on Sunday to church and it was the first time they'd seen my hair in months. I received lots of compliments but several people didn't say anything and later were like, "Oh, I thought it was another one of your wigs or some crochet braids".

I did the CLCT, clay and then flaxseed/okra/honey/agave nectar mix and plaited my hair in 10 plaits. It was so amazing to me that my hair was dry and defined by the next morning. Braids out use to be something that took me 4-5 days and still weren't all that defined. I had to stretch it first in plaits, then give it 2 days to dry completely; then replait with various products and give that 2 days to set. . .

I took pictures and will upload them this week. I hadn't planned on wearing it out yet because I was thinking of waiting until I had max hydration, but it's been nice to have it out and I will keep it out for a few weeks at least.

faithVA

6 tbsp of rhassoul should give you a thick mix. If its thin then it is probably the ACV. And someone mentioned you can add a bit of milk to thicken it up. But my clay is thick with just rhassoul. It is not though if I use too much acv.

nycutiepie

Hey, everyone. So I realized my nappiversary has come! My last relaxer was 4 years ago. I'm so happy as a natural. My hair is past waist length. Lol just thought I'd share. MHM has been a game changer for me. With this freezing weather, I've only been doing the full regimen once per week. I'll step it up now that the weather is getting warmer, but now I also have to deal with gel getting all over my clothes. I will probably post an update thread at some point. I'm still figuring out MHM, but I'm so glad to be on this journey with you all.
Congrats and that hair in your avatar is sick...with your waist length self. :). I am happy to see someone with hair your length doing this because your hair is where this MHM trip is gonna take me. I need to know it works at all lengths.

nycutiepie

I wore my hair out from the wig on Sunday to church and it was the first time they'd seen my hair in months. I received lots of compliments but several people didn't say anything and later were like, "Oh, I thought it was another one of your wigs or some crochet braids".
Forget those haters. They're just jealous. They're probably watching your girls' hair too because they sound so cute.

nycutiepie

I'm on step 2 DC under my Pibbs with Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Treatment. This is the best approved DC I've tried and I have ALOT from that list. It's expensive but I only need a little and I don't dilute it. I also love the strawberry smell. I'm debating going to bed and doing the clay etc. tomorrow after work.

I wanted to try the modified this week but I didn't wash since last Weds so I felt I needed the full regimen.