MHM Hangout

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I have my clay in now and will leave it in for two hours, its been 6 days so my coils were in desperate need of a clay treatment. I'm liking the way my hair look and I think I'm getting accustomed to my hair as it is, the mix of coils, curls and the coil/curl less parts too.

GGsKin

It's been 3 days since I washed my hair so I'll be doing that this eve.

I'm still on the modified regimen- water rinse, clay and gel but I am noticing a few broken strands- well I noticed some today as I spritzed and softened the gel cast in prep for rinsing. The strands are mostly as long as my hair but I dont feel/see the root. Maybe I have to be even more gentle when detangling, I don't know. This protein conditioner needs to arrive already.

faithVA

It's hair washing day for me as well. I think I washed on Sunday. I'm enjoying the ease. I wash, put my hair up and do nothing for 3 days.

I'm doing the modified regimen tonight. I have some old leftover clay. Hopefully I can do my whole head with that. I picked up a little bottle of milk from the hotel when I went out of town. I'm going to make ice cubes out of it and then use it in my clay. I also picked up some half n half coffee creamers. I'm going to try that out as well.

I'm not bothering with wng's right now. And I'm back to combing my hair with a large tooth comb just because it takes less time. For some reason I'm always doing my hair at the last minute.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I've been consistent with the full reggie, except for the weekend. Yesterday while I was applying my clay I noticed sum broken hairs. Not a lot, but not my usual. So I'm taking 2days off and will resume on fri.

OAN: someone at my job said that my hair is really growing.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Has anyone (low porosity ladies in particular) had any issues with dryness or breakage? What I've noticed is my hair is less bushy. I both like it and am nervous about it.

My stretched hair is just shy of my shoulders, so the hang time is nice now, however I can see this being not to attractive when it finally grows past apl. Any observations? Ideas?
None of either for me. In fact, I have had near 100% retention.

discodumpling

Welcome back MHMers :)
I last did a clay treatment on Sunday. I'm still daily cowashing and gelling. I'm on the look out for something better than the dime sized amnt of Lustrasilk curl activator that I use in between my leave-in and gel. What are you ladies using? I need something that plays nicely with KCKT and Super Wet gel.

hairtimes5

Feel like I haven't been on here in so long. The hubs had back surgery last week so I didn't spend much time online. Last time I was here I mentioned that I cut my hair myself and jacked it up quite frankly. Had a stylist friend fix it for me. I am so loving the ease of shorter hair! I can't believe I was doing my longer hair so often. Anyways...I've been doing the modified method but last Wednesday morning I co-washed real quick before I went to the stylist. After I got home from visiting hubby in the hospital, I rinsed and put in some NG herbal blends and dc'd overnight. I woke up to super soft hair. So soft that the Hello Curly just sat on top. My hair looked like cotton candy with droplets of water and gel sitting on it. It didn't occur to me at the time that my hair was just too soft, I thought it was the Hello Curly just not working well anymore. I was so sad :(. My hair looked a horrible mess! So the next day I clay washed and used Eco Styler. My hair turned out fabulous but I am so not used to thick gels anymore. I dilute my HC till it's the consistency of slightly thickened water. So I used Eco a few more times, then something told me to clay wash and try the HC again. Well lo and behold my beloved HC still works! So happy to be able to spray my gel on again and with the new cut, it takes me all of 5 minutes or less. Tried uploading a pic but I keep getting an error message.

Ajna

So during the break in the forum I cut my hair. I cut about four inches off the back and maybe one or two off the top so my hair looks considerably shorter.
However my curls are so defined now it is like it has so much more spring literally it is cut as a perfect wash and go. I am so thrilled!!

Also I handled my hair conundrum, if you recall my hair was acting rather funky and I decided to shampoo and I did so but the problem persisted. So I did a ACV rinse no change. The next day I did a white vinegar rinse and my hair was back - nice and shiny. In retrospect I think I was using BS to much. When I started this method I needed the four days to one with BS but it has been about 8 weeks and now I think I need to switch off after every wash. I have also been diluting my products more and getting better results.

Last edited:

Ajna

Oh one last question I have been looking at the Pure Earth Hair Wash which is essentially a bentonite clay wash? Does it work as well as bentonite clay that you mix?

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I have curl formers but never used them. Can you post your results and what products you used after your regimen. Good luck!
@nycutiepie I don't usually install curlformers to actually wear the set but to stretch my hair so that I can wear a bun. However, I do have a pic from 2 weeks ago when I wore the actual set. I'll post it once I figure out how to on this new layout :rolleyes:.

Attachments

• curlformers1.jpg
    curlformers1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 23

hairtimes5

Oh one last question I have been looking at the Pure Earth Hair Wash which is essentially a bentonite clay wash? Does it work as well as bentonite clay that you mix?

Are you talking about Terresentials? It didn't work well for me but my hair doesn't like bentonite so I'm not the best person to answer. And about your hair curling better since you cut it, mines did the same thing. I wasn't sure how it would be since I didn't have root to tip definition but now I do. Go figure!

nycutiepie

So during the break in the forum I cut my hair. I cut about four inches off the back and maybe one or two off the top so my hair looks considerably shorter.
However my curls are so defined now it is like it has so much more spring literally it is cut as a perfect wash and go. I am so thrilled!!

Also I handled my hair conundrum, if you recall my hair was acting rather funky and I decided to shampoo and I did so but the problem persisted. So I did a ACV rinse no change. The next day I did a white vinegar rinse and my hair was back - nice and shiny. In retrospect I think I was using BS to much. When I started this method I needed the four days to one with BS but it has been about 8 weeks and now I think I need to switch off after every wash. I have also been diluting my products more and getting better results.
How many times a week were you using BS?

faithVA

Nothing happens. It wants you to add media to an existing album. I will have to wait until I'm on my pc. I even tried clicking on the upload a file but it won't upload that either.

Did you hit Full Image or Thumbnail to insert it? I just tried it and it inserted the picture. It was waaaaay too big though :lol:

I would choose Thumbnail if you haven't sized your picture.

Ajna

Are you talking about Terresentials? It didn't work well for me but my hair doesn't like bentonite so I'm not the best person to answer. And about your hair curling better since you cut it, mines did the same thing. I wasn't sure how it would be since I didn't have root to tip definition but now I do. Go figure!

Crazy right I am not looking that gift horse in the mouth :)

Thanks for letting me know about the Terresentials

Holla4mom

YAY!! Happy to be back!

We had a Happy hair weekend. All the hard work over the last few weeks on my and my two daughter's hair paid off. DD8 had pretty 3c curls for her speech on Saturday. My other DD turned 11 on Sunday and she was enjoying her hair. I'm able to flat twist it back in two flat twist (4a, low density, hi porosity) and she had a cute do.

I had the best ever braid outs the whole weekend. My brother (who says he is accustomed to the long straight weaves of ATL, and his wife's own long, straight blow out) said he thought my hair was cute. Before MHM, I would have never been able to do braid outs from wet, with just 10 plaits and have a hairstyle I could wear outside.

I didn't get the best pics, but am posting what I have. I wish I knew how to do the private face thing for my baby, but I'll just leave it up a couple of days.

Attachments

• braidout1.jpg
    braidout1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 26
  • MommyDaughter.jpg
    MommyDaughter.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 24

Holla4mom

Whoa,
I'm low-po and still doing the original regimen. ETA: I actually haven't tried Dubaidee's modified method but I probably will. But I also like how conditioner makes my hair smell, so if it's not hurting my hair, I'll probably continue to use it.

She also says the no conditioner method is for low-po, low density hair. And my hair is really dense. Soooo.... We'll see.[/QUOT
It's been 3 days since I washed my hair so I'll be doing that this eve.

I'm still on the modified regimen- water rinse, clay and gel but I am noticing a few broken strands- well I noticed some today as I spritzed and softened the gel cast in prep for rinsing. The strands are mostly as long as my hair but I dont feel/see the root. Maybe I have to be even more gentle when detangling, I don't know. This protein conditioner needs to arrive already.
I have not had clay on my hair since last Friday! Looking forward to it today.

I'm seeing a little breakage too with the modified regimen- short hairs. Is it because I'm being hard headed and using the calcium bentonite even though I'm adding milk, honey, acv and EVOO?

But when I was using a lot of conditioner, it seemed like it was getting too soft and breaking a little too. The only time I have absolutely no breakage is within a few days of the CLCT. I think I may need more protein to build up these super fine hairs. I read on one of Dubaidee's comments that she does the CLCT every weekend?

I didn't know the modified regimen was for lo density, lo porosity heads. I don't remember reading that and I'm high density so I was wondering if anyone else had seen that mentioned?

faithVA

YAY!! Happy to be back!

We had a Happy hair weekend. All the hard work over the last few weeks on my and my two daughter's hair paid off. DD8 had pretty 3c curls for her speech on Saturday. My other DD turned 11 on Sunday and she was enjoying her hair. I'm able to flat twist it back in two flat twist (4a, low density, hi porosity) and she had a cute do.

I had the best ever braid outs the whole weekend. My brother (who says he is accustomed to the long straight weaves of ATL, and his wife's own long, straight blow out) said he thought my hair was cute. Before MHM, I would have never been able to do braid outs from wet, with just 10 plaits and have a hairstyle I could wear outside.

I didn't get the best pics, but am posting what I have. I wish I knew how to do the private face thing for my baby, but I'll just leave it up a couple of days.

So cute! Glad everyone had a great hair day.

faithVA

Whoa,

I have not had clay on my hair since last Friday! Looking forward to it today.

I'm seeing a little breakage too with the modified regimen- short hairs. Is it because I'm being hard headed and using the calcium bentonite even though I'm adding milk, honey, acv and EVOO?

But when I was using a lot of conditioner, it seemed like it was getting too soft and breaking a little too. The only time I have absolutely no breakage is within a few days of the CLCT. I think I may need more protein to build up these super fine hairs. I read on one of Dubaidee's comments that she does the CLCT every weekend?

I didn't know the modified regimen was for lo density, lo porosity heads. I don't remember reading that and I'm high density so I was wondering if anyone else had seen that mentioned?

The modified regimen is for everyone. Hi po ladies just need to close the cuticle before applying the gel. She suggest using an AVG mist.

However, as a hi po lady the CLCT may not be enough protein for you. You could try doing the CLCT every week but you could also try adding a regular protein conditioner in every now and then. I know its a no conditioner regimen but hi po ladies really need to make sure you get enough protein. I don't think a lo po lady can really tell you how to do that.

Maybe there is a protein recipe with the liquid aminos. Seems like I saw someone speak of that but probably in another thread.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
YAY!! Happy to be back!

Beautiful hair and your daughter is adorable :).