Texlaxers/Texturizers: How has your regimen changed?

strands.of.gold

Hi!

I'm currently natural and considering texturizing my hair in December (when I return to the U.S.). I'm not exactly sure how I should tweak my regimen for this change, so I need some advice.

For those who have texturized or texlaxed, how have you changed up your regimen to accommodate the change? More protein? Less co-washing? Also, does one method (texlax vs. texturize) require different changes? Please be as specific as possible, thanks!

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I am moving towards texlaxed hair, more of the back (crown to nape) is texlaxed. Thre front is still fairly straight because I am still tweaking how long to leave the relaxer on and how much smoothing it needs.

In the back I have to comb in smaller sections and i cant dry comb the texlaxed hair anymore. The texlaxed hair needs more moisture IMO. To me I have to treat the hair more like a natural head than a relaxed head (when I am not flatironed or rollerset)

As of present, I do a mild protein every two weeks but I am deducing that I may need to push that back to once a month when I am fully texlaxed.

I think texturized hair leaves the wearer with a texture that is more like there natural texture and texlaxed hair is closer to relaxed hair

Even though I am texlaxed I still consider myself relaxed (I also tell people who are not in the hair community) because I used a relaxer to get the effect.
Here are some examples from YT:
Texlaxed: YouTube - TheTruthisHair's Channel @4:14 is her wet texlaxed hair. She does not have any pictures of her natural hair but you can see her NG to gauge her hair.

texturized:
YouTube - Wanakee's hair care tips are awesome! @ 8:48 is her dry natural texture and @ 8:55 is her wet natural texture. @ 9:29 is her rexlaxed (texturized hair) the she shows it straightened.