LHCF, CAN WE FIGURE THIS ONE OUT?!! **Regimens**

Mandy4610

Natural ladies and even relaxed ladies, I know the question of regimens comes up all the time and yall are probably tired to answering it or trying to find your own regimen.
My question is...What makes a regimen?

Is it the products used?
The way the products are used?
The process?
How often something is done?
The method of doing something?
Or all the above?

When you ask someone what their regimen is or when you are thinking of creating one for yourself, are you asking/thinking about what products they use or are you asking/thinking about what methods are used and how often?
What is more important, the products, the method or both? What are the essentials of a regimen?

Ok, is that enough questions for you?You don't have to answer each question. Basically I am looking for opnions and a discussion of sorts, so just respond in whatever way you see fit.

Lets talk!

ceebee3

For me it would be the way the products are used and the method in which you use it and how often it's done.

I don't really care about the exact product someone uses but I pay attention to the type of product. I pay attention to how someone uses a protein or moisture product and how they apply it and how often they use. I wouldn't neccessarily buy the same product but I like to know how to use my own.

I hope that makes sense, it's late.

msa

I'm most concerned with the "why" than the "what" (product) or "how" (technique). I always want to know why people are including a certain step or ingredient. What is the benefit? What is the expected outcome? Does it contribute to the hairs health? Why does it work?

I do think technique is really important though. Many of us had beuatiful hair growing up because of the techniques our caretakers used (low manipulation, protective styles, etc). The products weren't so important. And even now, I pay more attention to ingredients than products.

silenttullip

If I have to pick I say F "all the above?"
All those are important but people usually look at what products they can use from another's regimen that will offer what they desire ie moisture, no build up, etc. What makes a regimen is the individual with the regimen and the amount of time and patience being offered to the hair

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
A Regime is something that is practiced consistently from day to day which you feel is working in terms of your hair care system. If you feel your hair care system is not working then you might want to change it for you, not because it works for someone else and you just stick it out hoping it will work soon which causes setbacks.

Mandy4610

A Regime is something that is practiced consistently from day to day which you feel is working in terms of your hair care system. If you feel your hair care system is not working then you might want to change it for you, not because it works for someone else and you just stick it out hoping it will work soon which causes setbacks.
Thanks for your response, so for yourself, when you are establishing a regimen, would you say the "practices" are what make your regimen, or is it the products, or is it consistency?
I hope I am not making this more complicated than it should be.

Junebug D

To me, it's all of the above. What you do, what you use, why, and when. And I don't feel that a regimen is truly complete without staple products & ways of using them. Even just a *type* of product... like one can say "I use a moisturizing shampoo twice a month, and a clarifying shampoo once a month."

Lady Esquire

Natural ladies and even relaxed ladies, I know the question of regimens comes up all the time and yall are probably tired to answering it or trying to find your own regimen.
My question is...What makes a regimen?

Is it the products used?
The way the products are used?
The process?
How often something is done?
The method of doing something?
Or all the above?

When you ask someone what their regimen is or when you are thinking of creating one for yourself, are you asking/thinking about what products they use or are you asking/thinking about what methods are used and how often?
What is more important, the products, the method or both? What are the essentials of a regimen?

Ok, is that enough questions for you?You don't have to answer each question. Basically I am looking for opnions and a discussion of sorts, so just respond in whatever way you see fit.

Lets talk!

All of the above. IMO, the process/technique/method is key because if you handle the hair roughly, use damaging hair tools, that rip through the hair or cause stress that lead to breakage, it does not really matter what products you use. The process is on top of my list when reading someone's regimen. The theory for why they do it a certain way falls into this category as well.

Secondly, I look for products, because certain conditioners, oils or concoction mixtures can work wonders.

Thirdly, I look for consistency. How often does she do her protein or her prepoos, or baggies, etc....

Mandy4610

Thanks for your responses.
My own option is that a regimen is about the methods/practices as well as the products/tools used. I think consistency/how often is also part of it.
Having the right methods without the right products is not good, having the right products and not the right methods is not good and you can have the right method and the right products, but if there is no consistency or some kind of order or frequency, then it is all futile.
Wouldn't you agree?