Knee Length Hair

Nonie

I believe our very own Jade had knee length hair once. If I remember correctly she preferred it a li'l shorter than that and wore it at butt length. (Where is Jade anyway? She used to be such a great source of good haircare tips. :ohwell: )

Last edited:

camellia

Nonie said:
I believe our very own Jade had knee length hair once. If I remember correctly she preferred it a li'l shorter than that and wore it at butt length.

Oh my goodness! Does she have pics or an album? I would LOVE to see her hair!

I'm starting to think knee length hair might be my ultimate goal.:look:

Nonie

No she doesn't. She had a bad experience when she posted her pics online elsewhere so she took them down and never dared put them up again, but I think Allandra knows her personally and can confirm the length of her hair. I used to threaten her that I'd go looking for any woman with a huge bun and yank it down "accidentally" and say "What's up Jade?" (Of course had I known about "Nikos' cousin" I would've been a bit more subtle.) We lived in the same state (VA) so... :p

Of course I forgot all about my hunt many moons ago. Looks like she hasn't been on the forum since 2005. :(

camellia

Nonie said:
No she doesn't. She had a bad experience when she posted her pics online elsewhere so she took them down and never dared put them up again, but I think Allandra knows her personally and can confirm the length of her hair. I used to threaten her that I'd go looking for any woman with a huge bun and yank it down "accidentally" and say "What's up Jade?" (Of course had I known about "Nikos' cousin" I would've been a bit more subtle.) We lived in the same state (VA) so... :p

Of course I forgot all about my hunt many moons ago. Looks like she hasn't been on the forum since 2005. :(

That's too bad, I understand though.

LOL at "accidentally" pulling her bun down.:lol:

Ayeshia

i see it often since I live near amish country and it makes me want to hurl. All I think about is it getting my my food or something.

HoneyDew

Funny. Today at the mall I saw a GUY with butt length hair and he had it all down and flowing. It was not really unusual looking, though. He was Japanese and I have seen that before with a couple of Japanese guys.

HoneyDew

Ayeshia said:
i see it often since I live near amish country and it makes me want to hurl. All I think about is it getting my my food or something.

That's right - They don't really cut their hair do they? There are other groups like that, as well.

PinkSkates

Hmmm...Knee length hair does not sound that appealing. Wouldn't you have to pin the hair up every time you take a poop?:confused: seems like it would get in the way too much!

Nonie

LOL Pinkstakes you're silly! :lol: I think most people with hair that long wear it up most of the time.

Remember Diane Witt? Now that's hair that's gotta be a pain to deal with:

She usually wore her hair up:

I guess if you're in a hurry, you could just wrap the hair around your neck like a scarf several times and do you thang unperturbed. :lol:

DivaRox

Completely OT but Whoa-Nonie I've never heard of that lady. That's got to be interesting*wondering WTH*. Ayeshia-OMG that is the funniest pic in your siggy-Fastest route to bra strap-can you buy it online??!!LOL

meaganita

I had a dream last night that when I flat-ironed my hair it was hittin' my calfs.:D It was one of those dreams that felt real too! So when I woke up and reality hit, I was like dang...I'm still at BSL.:( It's all good though, I wouldn't want knee length/calf length hair any way!:lol:

MommaMayhann

My husband grew up in a predominately Pentecostal town in FLA so most of the women there didn't cut their hair. When we went to visit last year all you saw were monstrous buns and hella long braids! All I could think of was how rich the local plumber must be.

MizAvalon

MommaMayhann said:
My husband grew up in a predominately Pentecostal town in FLA so most of the women there didn't cut their hair. When we went to visit last year all you saw were monstrous buns and hella long braids! All I could think of was how rich the local plumber must be.

:lol: :lol:

When I was a kid, one of our neighbors had really long hair like that. She was super country and used to sit in the house all day in a rocking chair blasting country music.

I used to LOVE Crystal Gayle's hair so much when I was little and she would come on Sesame Street. I was just so mesmerized by it because I had never seen anything like that before. :)

Last edited:

MommaMayhann

Totally OT...

MizAvalon said:
:lol: :lol:

When I was a kid, one of our neighbors had really long hair like that. She was super country and used to sit in the house all day in a rocking chair blasting country music.

THAT'S EXACTLY what it's like down there! One night we were taliking about food (my DH can cook like a black grandmother:lol:)

me: What did you eat growing up in Wewa (short for Wewahitchka Fla)?

dh: Whatever was in season...

LocksOfLuV

Nonie said:
LOL Pinkstakes you're silly! :lol: I think most people with hair that long wear it up most of the time.

I guess if you're in a hurry, you could just wrap the hair around your neck like a scarf several times and do you thang unperturbed. :lol:

Damn!:eek: I wonder what was her regimen?

Envious

I knew a girl once with knee length hair back in elementary school...she said she hated it but her parents wouldn't let her cut it. :perplexed

Aubergold

Nonie said:

I'm happy for her but that looks unsanitary:eek:

Isis

I recently met a lady (in her 20s or so) with knee-length hair and I wanted to ask her if she was an LHC member and what her regimen is but didn't. Her hair was gorgeous and looked like a super thick type 3b or 3C. She wore it in a single thick braid hanging down on one side in the front, with a small scrunchie near the end at the knee.

Aubergold

ok does anyone feel that knee length hair is kinda yucky? I feel like it would get stuck in my butt crack when I sit on the toilet to pee or do #2 :(

Treasure2k6

:eek::eek::eek:...Whoa! Knee length!......Girl, thats gotta be something to deal with. Talk about Co-washing and etc etc....I'm stopping at the Waist if I can get it that length. I'm not tryna trip over my hair!! LOL:lachen:

Tee

I would donate my hair if I made it to knee length and start over again at the mid back and waist. That is a LOT of hair.

PinkSkates

ITA RavenIvyGurl, In my post on page 2, I said that hair that long would get in the way every time you take a poop!:eek: That is just too much hair to try and keep clean and conditioned. She should cut and share all that hair with kids who are bald from cancer treatments. That's what I would do if I had knee length hair.

audacity.

BSL/MBL is long enough for me, but I'll take WL (at my natural waist) if I can get there...

Yes, donating some of that hair would also be what I would do.

I can't belive she has hair that long!!! I wonder like Locks, what is her regimen...it does seem unsanitary, though. :ohwell: