What hair length are you aiming for and why?

GreenBloodyShoe

My goal length is mid thigh to knee length straightened/stretched. I chose this length because I want my hair to be classic length in its natural state.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I think I would say BSL in its natural state which would put me at I'm guessing TBL stretched... I want to have long/full ponytails and updos.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

DrC

Natural checking in. MBL or WL . I thought BSL (which I'm an inch away from) would work, but I then realized the length would not suffice because I have a big arse head. So MBL or WL will do. Anything beyond would be excessive.

Last edited:

Ijanei

My goal would be BSL in it's natural state. And a little past WL in it's straight phase. IDK, MBL and beyond look great with a nice pair of fitting/skinny jeans (to me at least):look:

Attachments

• gorg1.jpg
    gorg1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 244
  • gorgeous.jpg
    gorgeous.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 253

JosieLynn

I want my hair to be TBL straightened as of right now, and with my shrinkage that might be BSL or MBL curly. I have never had hair that long or know of anyone in my immediate family with hair that long outside of an aunt that had locs. I have Native American relatives and found a picture of my great-great grandmother on Ancestry.com I think with the longest braid I've ever seen. After I saw that it gave me more motivation to stick with this healthy hair growth lifestyle. I really want to see how long it can get and then if i eventually get tired of it i'll figure it out then but I look forward to having the longest hair in my family lol

VictoriousBrownFlower

Now that I'm texlaxed my goal is waist length. When I was natural it was hip length but I don't need the extra length now because I have less shrinkage.

I just want my braid out to be around apl.

Ravenhairedbeauty

My goal length is MBL and then waist length just because I've never had long hair. I hope I make it but my hair is very fine and breaks easily so I don't know if I can make it :(.

RngdeCurls

My goal is MBL stretched. I think that that length would give me super full buns and ponytails that swing. I don't aspire for longer because I think the maintenance would kill me and MBL is quite long in reality. I've never known a natural with hair that long off the boards.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I don't want much. BSL-MBL stretched/straightened is my goal. I want the same for DD. I feel like that's enough to be beautiful hair without it overpowering me or becoming too much of a chore.

mamaline

My ultimate goal length is MBL but anything between full APL and MBL is enough hair for me. I love the look of longer hair, but I feel like I'm too skinny and short to pull of having all that hair on my head.

Monaleezza

I've been aiming for Waist length, but what the hell, why not aim for Tail bone so that when its curled I still get a lot of length.
I'm at bsl now so maybe another 2- 3 years??

Lilmama1011

I would be happy with mbl but I want to go for waist length because I would feel that's a very big accomplishment for me

Osha

Long enough to sit on, mostly because I just like very long hair, and because I like the admiring glances from complete strangers as I walk by, it gives me more confidence.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I started wanting longer hair for a combination of reasons. Mostly to be an example to younger relatives, especially my future daughters. But also because it's a test of patience and perseverance for me. And for the pure aesthetics of feeling it graze my waist/hips and doing more intricate hairstyles.

via LHCF App

jerseyjill

I would like it to WL straightened. I think it accentuates and compliments the waist at that length. Anything longer would be a burden to me. Shoot, that might be a burden. Lol!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I ultimately want HL because I've never had hair that long and I think long hair looks so sensual and feminine..I can't wait:yep:

BranwenRosewood

Hip length so I can have BSL twists. I've never had hair longer than APL and I love long curly hair. If I feel like I can handle longer hair after I reach my goal, I'll try for TBL/CL.

AgeinATL

I would say WHIP (between WL and HL) length stretched/straightened. My shrinkage is insane, so that would put me at about APL in its natural state (or at least I think it will...currently transitioning).

naija24

I'm the weirdo but I want full shoulder length hair in my natural state or full APL if I am relaxed. I would not want my whole back covered in hair come summer seasons.

1CrownNglory

MBL in its natural state (3B/3C curls). I love the look of full curly up ponytails/hairdos.

Last edited:

MsDee14

BSL Stretched and Shoulder Length un-stretched.
I just think shoulder length coily hair looks best on me.