What hair length are you aiming for and why?

Gryphyn

i would lurrrvv to be BSL with my hair in it's curly state. I think it would be very pretty, plus I'm scarred from kids making fun of my short, broken off hair as a kid and I'd love to have long thick hair to flip in certain people's faces :look:.

spacetygrss

MBL in it's natural state, TBL straightened.
We'll see what happens. I have a nasty habit of cutting my hair every time it hits APL.

Naturelie

Don't know if it will be possible (don't know my terminal length) but I would like to have BSL/MBL curly hair. With my shrinkage it could mean having Classic length hair stretched. But, in fact, I would be really pleased with full WL when straightened.

biznesswmn

Bsl straightened

Just a personal challenge...wanna see if i can do it

Mbl would b nice but i could b happy w bsl

GreenBloodyShoe

Lol mid thigh length in 4 years? You must be 3ft tall. Lol

LMAO, no I'm 5ft 6. I figured four years because i can get from a little past shoulder to about BSB in about six months. So I figured that if I give myself six months in between goals. With minor trims like twice a year I should be able to make it there in another four years.

Bun Mistress

I got to me goal HL this year at BSL in a braid out and WL straight. I had to cut my hair so I'm going to get back to there. Its too much hair too much past WL.

IMFOCSD

Bsb /bsl.. I really want a high ponytail that touches my shoulders & pretty messy buns & thick full buns... apl braid/twistouts are so feminine & pretty at the length I mentioned above..

Last edited:

RaeShouna

My short term goal is to be mid back length by my 5th year. secretly I wanted to be waist length by my 5th year but I had a set back(still holding out hope :supergrin:) My dream length is tailbone, so that I can recreate the pretty updos that you see in the medieval/renaissance movies and tv series like: LOTR, The Tudors, etc. Simply because you never see any black characters from those eras sporting the styles. Heck you hardly ever see any black characters lol.

MizzBFly

My short term goal is to be mid back length by my 5th year. secretly I wanted to be waist length by my 5th year but I had a set back(still holding out hope :supergrin:) My dream length is tailbone, so that I can recreate the pretty updos that you see in the medieval/renaissance movies and tv series like: LOTR, The Tudors, etc. Simply because you never see any black characters from those eras sporting the styles. Heck you hardly ever see any black characters lol.

I love the Medieval/Renaissance time period and they did create the best pin curl updo's with the beads intertwined just gorgeous!!
did you watch the Borgias? oooww DRAMA..lol

RaeShouna

I love the Medieval/Renaissance time period and they did create the best pin curl updo's with the beads intertwined just gorgeous!!
did you watch the Borgias? oooww DRAMA..lol

Sure did:yep: Loved every minute of it, so sad they cancelled it. I'm waiting on Da Vinci's Demons to come back on.

LaVgirl

I am aiming for my hair to fall underneath my bottom straightened (that's classic length, right?).... I imagine I will take me a few years. If that is not long enough for me, I'll keep going. I love, love having long hair especially since it is not that common for a black girl and since it is basically my main asset! :)

TLC1020

I'd say MBL b/c I never had it but I would also settle for BSL. I'm short so BSL would look really long on me..

Aireen

First goal was WL and after getting there I figured I could push for longer so now my goal is TBL. I'm hoping to not want anything longer than that, it would just seem like way too much hair. :nono:

Vintagecoilylocks

Am I the only person that wants mid thigh length to knee length hair? Why doesn't anyone else want hair this long lol? I'm thinking I should be mid thigh length in another four years if I am shoulder length/collarbone length now.

My Goal is knee length I am currently 3 below classic. Growing out some layers and a new bumber crop of hair after a long shed. Long journey ahead. If keep growing should reach mid thigh in 2 inches and Fingertip in 5 more inches with knee four inches after that. :spinning: