June 2014 Hits & Misses

McQuay30

Such a sad, sad miss: TIGI Moisture Maniac conditioner. I just returned the 2 bottles I recently purchased of this back to Target as the smell was too over powering and left me with a migraine. I really don't remember the fragrance being so strong and lingering like this in the past. So sad cause the slip and moisture was AMAZING!!! Oh well....I picked up more Giovanni stuff with the refund.

lulu97, Did you think they change the formula?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
lulu97, Did you think they change the formula? Sent from my iPad using LHCF
McQuay30 I don't think so. I used this conditioner a few years ago exclusively and it never bothered me. I'm about 95% sure it's me. Seems as I get older, my allergies are more sensitive to strong fragrances. It got even worse as my hormones got all out of wack from being pregnant and giving birth recently. I would still highly recommend this conditioner for anyone looking for a detangling conditioner or a big dose of moisture :)

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Miss
BRB Leave Ins - This isn't a performance miss. I tried the Coconut Hair Milk and the Toasted Marshmallows. The scents are unbearable to me. I get a BIG dose of chemicals when I smell them. In the bottle, they smell a little weird/cheap men's cologne like. In my hands and hair, nauseatingly chemical like. Scents in products usually don't bother me. I usually smell whatever they claim to smell like and nothing else. These two products have bothered me significantly though while attempting to use them. It sucks because my hair was easy to detangle, soft, and moisturized on the one section I managed to stomach using it on but the chemicalness to the fragrance has made them useless for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@rileypak

Girl...That's terrible. What a shame.:nono:

Especially since it is not performance-related.

I hate when 'scents' do that to me.:ohwell:

When I love the product...but hate the scent.:rolleyes:

I have a bottle of the Coconut Milk. (Haven't smelled it)

Thankfully, I didn't get the Marshmallow.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
@rileypak

Girl...That's terrible. What a shame.:nono:

Especially since it is not performance-related.

I hate when 'scents' do that to me.:ohwell:

When I love the product...but hate the scent.:rolleyes:

I have a bottle of the Coconut Milk. (Haven't smelled it)

Thankfully, I didn't get the Marshmallow.

I know!!
I'm usually not affected at all by natural or artificial fragrances (outside of scents I just don't like) but the fragrance in these just bother me. Really is a shame because I have nothing against the performance. Going to make sure they get to good homes though.

AgeinATL

Had to come and post a miss. veesweets mentioned this previously and I am now co-signin.

Miss: Ynobe Shop Prepoo Treatment. This was my HG rollersetting leave in. I recently ordered another bottle and the consistency is completely different. It is thin and runny with NO slip whatsoever.

I love a good, handmade product with all natural ingredients, I really do. But what I cannot stand is the inconsistencies in consistency and performance by some of these vendors. I haul products with the expectation that the products that I am ordering are the SAME as before. So, it annoys me to spend all that money and the product has totally changed. Will not be buying from this vendor again.

Hit: Obia Naturals Curling Custard. Very moisturizing with soft to medium hold.

EnExitStageLeft

Monster HIT:

Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask......:thud:

The stuff is in one word......MAGICAL! I am so mad I went without using it for so long :(. I am now convinced this is made of fairy dust and unicorn tears because my hair feels lovely. And don't even make me talk about the slip *FALLS OUT* :drool:

Revisited Hit:

Ouidad Curl Co-wash

Cleanses well and Detangles like a dream. My hair was so plush today after Cleansing. Once the two bottles I have are gone I will definitely be repurchasing :yep:.

Angelbean

Monster HIT:

The stuff is in one word......MAGICAL! I am so mad I went without using it for so long :(. I am now convinced this is made of fairy dust and unicorn tears because my hair feels lovely. And don't even make me talk about the slip *FALLS OUT* :drool:

Revisited Hit:

Ouidad Curl Co-wash

Cleanses well and Detangles like a dream. My hair was so plush today after Cleansing. Once the two bottles I have are gone I will definitely be repurchasing :yep:.

I love how animated you are:lachen: but yes that DC truly has magical things in it!!! And you've convinced me to finally get a bottle of that quidad cowash!!

Angelbean

Continued hit: hh soft coconut marshmellow
Hh forest green forest blue *this is HG for me*
Marshmellow root powder

curlyTisME

Monster HIT: Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask......:thud: The stuff is in one word......MAGICAL! I am so mad I went without using it for so long :(. I am now convinced this is made of fairy dust and unicorn tears because my hair feels lovely. And don't even make me talk about the slip *FALLS OUT* :drool: Revisited Hit: Ouidad Curl Co-wash Cleanses well and Detangles like a dream. My hair was so plush today after Cleansing. Once the two bottles I have are gone I will definitely be repurchasing :yep:.

Your posts are too cute!! I love reading them!

veesweets

AgeinATL Its such a shame because she has some nice sales! I'm still searching for a suitable replacement of her flaxseed smoothie.

EnExitStageLeft *takes notes for possible black friday additions* That cowash has been on my list for over a year now.

EnExitStageLeft

Angelbean

Girl that stuff is what unicorns are made of! #Swear :lol:

I think you'll like the Curl Cowash. It has a surfactant in it, so it really does clean rather then coat, but the slip and moisture makes it feel like a regular ole' rinsing conditioner (and a moisturizing one at that :yep:)

curlyTisME

Lol Thanks :)! I want you guys to feel the love.

veesweets

I think you'll like it. I usually get it from hautelook when they have it marked down to $18. But I think Ouidad has a 30-40% off Black Friday Sale. I'm not sure. Ogoma and DoDo love it too. Maybe they can chime in.

NaturallyATLPCH

Had to come and post a miss. veesweets mentioned this previously and I am now co-signin.

Miss: Ynobe Shop Prepoo Treatment. This was my HG rollersetting leave in. I recently ordered another bottle and the consistency is completely different. It is thin and runny with NO slip whatsoever.

I love a good, handmade product with all natural ingredients, I really do. But what I cannot stand is the inconsistencies in consistency and performance by some of these vendors. I haul products with the expectation that the products that I am ordering are the SAME as before. So, it annoys me to spend all that money and the product has totally changed. Will not be buying from this vendor again.

Hit: Obia Naturals Curling Custard. Very moisturizing with soft to medium hold.

THIS!! This is one major reason why, other than APB, my staples are from companies who are consistent with product results. I can't stand to reorder something and the consistency has totally changed. That sort of happened with Naturally Amari on Etsy's butters. The consistency had started to change and I just wasn't feeling it.

Yet another things to curb my PJism lol...

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Monster HIT:

Revisited Hit:

Ouidad Curl Co-wash

Yup, thats my one and only love from Lysandra. Been rocking with it since she launched it , I swear its the clay in it :drunk:

abcd09

Monster HIT:

@EnExitStageLeft do you like the Darcy mask better than the shescentit conditioners? They worked for me once and then for two washes they tangled my hair or at least felt like they didn't moisturize or give slip AT ALL (10 weeks post relaxer at the time).

EnExitStageLeft

abcd09

:yep: Yes Ma'am I do. The only conditioners I adore from SSI are the avocado (for cowashing) and the Okra Reconstructor.....I like one of their cleansers and a couple styling products, but thats pretty much it. The DB Mask is far better then her Creme Brulee DC imo. I haven't tried the SSI Rich Moisture Mask or Curl Moist DC yet (I have them just haven't tried them). So I can't really say whether they compare or not.

QUEENJAMES231

I practically ran out of everything this month, so I used it as an opportunity to finally hit the Carol's Daughter stuff at my Target.

Hits:
Black Vanilla Hair smoothie
Hair Milk Styling Butter

Miss:
Hair Milk Refresher Spray.

I also picked up the Kinky Curly Come Clean and so far I'm on the fence.

abcd09

abcd09

:yep: Yes Ma'am I do. The only conditioners I adore from SSI are the avocado (for cowashing) and the Okra Reconstructor.....I like one of their cleansers and a couple styling products, but thats pretty much it. The DB Mask is far better then her Creme Brulee DC imo. I haven't tried the SSI Rich Moisture Mask or Curl Moist DC yet (I have them just haven't tried them). So I can't really say whether they compare or not.

EnExitStageLeft

One more question (sorry! I spent a lot of money on the Shescentit products): how would you rate it compared to the avocado conditioner? I have the avocado condish and it is just okay to me- almost the same results as the Rich. I need something that's going to moisturize like crazy and melt my tangles since I'm now 13 weeks post with tangly 4b relaxed hair. I still will use the Tahitian leave in-I love that stuff. But I'm really bummed about the conditioners :(. I wonder if natural hair has a different reaction than relaxed.